Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 12-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #43
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr40oz View Post
Sounds like somebody has developed some " I drive an auto issues". What no neutral drop sense of humor?

Anyway, it's not the car, it's the driver. Just like when guys freak out over summer tires in the winter. The car isn't gonna lose control all by itself.

Grow a pair, hold the brake, and mash the gas. Or if you have a 8 just touch the gas a little harder than normal.
Hahah ..just touch the gas a little harder then normal. Nice advice . I bet you just tap the clutch ...just tap it . No more driving advice from you
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:18 AM   #44
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Hahah ..just touch the gas a little harder then normal. Nice advice . I bet you just tap the clutch ...just tap it . No more driving advice from you
Its true :P

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #45
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I have the OEM tires the car came with on my 1LT and it will not break the tires loose from a dead stop on tar. Yes I have an auto, but it is no real big deal if I can't burn them down. Probably have saved me on at least a set of tires already if I was able. This time of the year I can spin the tires from a dead stop from at least 1st through 4th and possibly 5th on tar even! But there is ice on top of it.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #46
alextop30

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1LS
As far as I know auto transmission can do some serious damage too. But like everyone traction control got to be off. I have seen some people do the burnout with the ebrake - but do not recommend it.

For me on manual - traction control off - high RPM let the clutch go and whats your butt spin every which way.
alextop30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #47
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
For a manual it's moronically simple. Put it in 1st, mash the gas, slide your left foot out...

With an automatic I assume you first apply red lip-stick, then effervescently squeeze the brake with your left foot while flamboyantly tapping the gas pedal with your right foot and hope for the best?
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #48
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by alextop30 View Post
As far as I know auto transmission can do some serious damage too. But like everyone traction control got to be off. I have seen some people do the burnout with the ebrake - but do not recommend it.

For me on manual - traction control off - high RPM let the clutch go and whats your butt spin every which way.
On a RWD car how does the ebrake help do a burnout? Would think that makes it harder.

I would think traction control would be the biggest culprit of burnout inhibitor. If my 3.7L in an explorer can peel out I'm certain the V6 can in the Camaro. .
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #49
SSweetride

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr40oz View Post
Shit son, I could burn on a big wheel back in the day.
SSweetride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #50
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
3.91's in my auto and it's hard NOT to do a burn out.....

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #51
DandDC09

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Pirellis or my Generals, never had a problem lighting them up, straight or circles! And yes it's a V6!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #52
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
V6+Auto+New tires=No spin. Power brake that "Sum Bitch", then you'll light 'em up. BTW, why are you trying to burn them off anyway? Your gas mileage is going to go South fairly quickly.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #53
usmc-ashton

Drives: 2010 camaro v6 black, bbk intake
i finally got them to do it...it it doesnt burn as much as the pirellis but itll do lol
usmc-ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #54
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc-ashton View Post
i finally got them to do it...it it doesnt burn as much as the pirellis but itll do lol
Tire wear has a huge impact. For me, new Pirelli's = no spin unless either very cold or doing a brakestand. Pirelli's with a bunch of miles on them = much, much easier spin (brakestand still required at track, but spirited driving can break loose much easier). I am guessing that this is the case as well with GMax.

With the wider tires (RS), as well as being sticky summer tires, combined with the weight of the car (more so with my vert) and the lower torque of the auto makes burnouts much harder ... and further difficult for the non-SS.

Lighting 'em up is fun, but hafta say that it is more difficult to do ... perhaps by design (safety)?
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #55
snickerdoodle

Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
Ashton it's Matt I will get you to burnout
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote