Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #57
Germann

Drives: 2010 V6 Black Camaro
I saw some postings somewhere a while back, will see if can locate. Pretty sure I was googling "holden supercharger"
Germann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #58
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
anything new?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:52 AM   #59
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Im supposedly getting a turbo system on my LT, its gonna take a month of them having my car to get it but im sure it will be worth it. i was told they are gonna push for 550 whp. so im very curious to see whats gonna happen..i know thats sounds like a ton but thats what me and a represenative from the company said. im not gonna put the company up yet cause we are still negotiating everything and theyre giving me a huge discount for being a prototype car but once mines done, if i can ever get it to them, theyll be producing them for everyone..once we are through deciding what both parties are gonna do and if i send it to them, ill post the name of the company and will see if they will post updates for us all. im in West Virginia and they are incredibly far away. about 8 states i believe or close to that..so ima ask for an update thread like this for mine. hope your guys' turns out great.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:54 AM   #60
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilangel View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any idea what kind of hp the australian companies have been able to make with their superchargers on the LLT?
i looked at their site and seen nothing. i sent emails to them begging for info and...nothing. called them...nothing. then finally received an automated email saying thank you for your interest in us, bla bla bla.then...nothing.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:59 AM   #61
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsol View Post
Cant Wait To See The Results...Just Got A Rs Yellow With Black Stripes...Works and handles nice...Looking for a turbo for her ... Any one know where u can get a Cold Air Intake Atm
i posted a site on the V6 upgrades thread started by Milk. i just found it and put it on so i dont remember the sites name actually. but i did put it up on that thread a couple days ago. so it should be either the last or next to the last page on that thread. you can search my name and find the thread by milk its something like V6 upgrades or something to that nature. But so far its the best site ive seen soo far for camaro nick nacks. they have crome inserts for the "gills" on the rear fender. mirrored chrome piece that replaces the material that is on the bottom of the hood, and reflects the engine like a mirror. and they have all the exhaust ive seen for the camaro, they have little of every thing from little SS symbols to a supercharger for the SS to NOS to transmission fluid.LOL..pretty good site from what ive seen.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:05 AM   #62
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkes View Post
guess our fabricators are working today. just got this pic over email
hmmm im thinking this thread was a trap. it was a V8 the whole time but they were wondering if there would be a bunch of people interested in a V6 turbo..TRAP I SAY. A SNARE TRAP. LOL..j/k..but im not
Old 08-03-2009, 05:48 AM   #63
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
Im supposedly getting a turbo system on my LT, its gonna take a month of them having my car to get it but im sure it will be worth it. i was told they are gonna push for 550 whp. so im very curious to see whats gonna happen..i know thats sounds like a ton but thats what me and a represenative from the company said. im not gonna put the company up yet cause we are still negotiating everything and theyre giving me a huge discount for being a prototype car but once mines done, if i can ever get it to them, theyll be producing them for everyone..once we are through deciding what both parties are gonna do and if i send it to them, ill post the name of the company and will see if they will post updates for us all. im in West Virginia and they are incredibly far away. about 8 states i believe or close to that..so ima ask for an update thread like this for mine. hope your guys' turns out great.

Couple things come to mind... Don't want to be Mr. Negative here but...

AFAIK, no one has the ability to tune a V6 yet... I can't even find any really solid estimates when any kind of tuner will be available... best I've heard is possibly in another 6 months or so...

Ok... 550whp... assuming 550rwhp... that's pretty much over double compared to stock... WOW... yeah, that's pushing it alright... not sure in a good way though.... Doing the math 550 HP at the crank is a bit more reasonable... personally i would be a bit more conservative since I'm unaware of anyone really pushing the limits to find out where the weak points are in the power train... especially since a turbo is going to make a lot of nice low end torque!

good luck! Keep us posted!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #64
mwilkes

Drives: Twin Turbo Mustang
Send a message via Skype™ to mwilkes
that's exactly what we are running into. As of right now we still haven't been able to get into the computer and their isn't much point in creating the kit until we will be able to adjust the tuning.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #65
suavecito1177

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CGM, Black H/H
Any word on the computer tuning? I am interested in the numbers and pricing if they produce this kit. Keep us updated if you can.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #66
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

havent seen anything new on this thread about the turbo..ill know a ton of new info on a turbo or supercharger kit on oct 4th at the Funfest. somebody is taking my car at the end of that day and are going to start the inductino process..i will tell you guys who once they actually have the car this time..but ive emailed them and they have contacted me by phone saying that they couldnt do the car before the funfest but if i bring the car to the event and just have fun that day with it that they would take my car at the end of the funfest and start mockup on it..VERY VERY exciting. will let you guys know everything they tell me once they start on it.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #67
Germann

Drives: 2010 V6 Black Camaro
Awesome
Germann is offline   Reply With Quote