Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #29
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
A good waterless wash will work as long as the car is out of the sun. The only time you need to use water is for excessive dirt like caked on mud, or something like tree droppings like this tree across the street from my house that drops sugar like sap. A good waterless, good towel's and technique and you can keep it clean in a fraction of the time that regular washing can take.

But first I would correct the paint, or have it done. From there with your conditions in mind I have it coated with Opti Coat, or do it your self with 22ple. Another great option would be correction and coat with multiple coats of Rejex which should last for quite a while. Once you have any of the above done your car will be 75% easier to keep clean using either the 2 bucket wash method, or waterless wash.

Here are some links for you to check out

http://www.detailedimage.com/22ple-M...P681/30-ml-S2/

http://www.rejex.com/

http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum...-Coating-P554/

http://www.detailedimage.com/GTechni...FUqVfgodz6QAMw
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:11 AM   #30
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I consider it a challenge: see if you can wash the paint off the car.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #31
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I love a clean car, but my thoughts are that the more you touch the paint the more you screw it up or have a chance of that. The guys selling detailing products will tell you that you can't wash a car to much. Why you think that is? Think about it. My one friend is obsessed with keep his car clean as many here. He uses all high end products and the proper methods. He also has far more swirls than I do and has to do paint correction to remove those more often. Over the years owning many hot rods I've learned to not over molest the paint. In the end you'll have more paint on the car that looks better, more money in your pocket and less elbow pain.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #32
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Every time you wash it, it shrinks a little. Be careful, or you'll be driving a hot wheels car soon! Lol.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #33
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I love a clean car, but my thoughts are that the more you touch the paint the more you screw it up or have a chance of that. The guys selling detailing products will tell you that you can't wash a car to much. Why you think that is? Think about it. My one friend is obsessed with keep his car clean as many here. He uses all high end products and the proper methods. He also has far more swirls than I do and has to do paint correction to remove those more often. Over the years owning many hot rods I've learned to not over molest the paint. In the end you'll have more paint on the car that looks better, more money in your pocket and less elbow pain.
This is a chicken little post.

The sky is not falling. You can wash your car every single day with no I'll effects if you do it properly. I'm not selling anything.

Your friend clearly uses good products but bad technique, which results in swirls.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #34
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
This is a chicken little post.

The sky is not falling. You can wash your car every single day with no I'll effects if you do it properly. I'm not selling anything.

Your friend clearly uses good products but bad technique, which results in swirls.
It's a realistic post. Not chicken little at all. I've seen what molesting paint more than necessary does. Some of my fleet has better looking paint under light than some of the cars you see at car shows from people that are always pawing over their cars. It's common sense.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #35
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
No it isn't. You're still not accounting for the method in which one 'paws over' their paint. When done properly, have at it. When not, then you're correct.