Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Throwout bearing bad?

Driving home today and my clutch randomly felt very light but not in a bad way at first. It felt soft and required very little pressure to push to the floor. Almost like that new pressure plate/clutch feeling when you get a new one in. I just replaced the master slave, clutch, flywheel 11 months ago.

I pull into the garage and there is a high pitch squeaking noise when the pedal was released. When i pressed it to the floor the noise went away. Someone told me it may be the throwout bearing?
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:40 AM   #2
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Could be the TO bearing or a loss of hydraulic pressure also. From what you describe I would lean toward hydraulic pressure loss, very light pedal and the TO bearing noise tells me that the TO bearing is not sitting on the PP fingers tightly.

Do a fluid change or just bleed the system to see if the pedal goes back to feeling like it did when the clutch was changed 11 months ago
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.73 ZL1 Differential Kit, BTR PDS Stage 2 Cam, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA

Last edited by MA2010SS; 07-06-2016 at 07:42 AM. Reason: added to comment
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:20 PM   #3
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
my car made the same noise you are describing, with the pedal released and would go away as soon as i pressed the clutch pedal. in my car it ended up being the throwout bearing. This is what it looked like when it was removed...
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Definetly the throw out bearing