Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2016, 09:23 AM   #29
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
if its not a permanent color and can be removed fairly easily ,why not? at least if you decide you dont like it youre not stuck with it.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #30
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I love when threads like this attract all the haters. Shows how many closed minded fools are in this world. Personal preference is personal preference. I love the idea of this! I've always been afraid to buy cars with loud colors, but they are growing on me now. I'm seriously considering dipping my ZL1 a teal pearl or chameleon color. Nothing beats being able to peel off multiple colors and still keep the integrity of the original color in tact. It's all about having fun with your car and creating options without the permanent regrets.
I know right! The thread was mainly checking if the color would look the same on my Camaro as it does this V. Next thing I know it is negativity all over the place about the guys FACTORY rims and some overly butt hurt old man going on a tangent that did nothing but solidify my point about what he said before. Jeez..sorry the owner bought his car with black rims on it from Cadillac, I'll be sure to punch him in the face over it next time I see him I do agree now with the one guy who said to not copy my buddy since it has already been done. I'll see about something else or go back to an orange mix with some type of chameleon and candy mix next.

But yeah man you should definitely pull the trigger and get your ZL1 done if you've been wanting to give it a new look for a little or at least see how it would look in a different color. There are a lot of great installers over there in Texas. Check out Jeremy from Pearls n Pigments. He wont be cheap but is top 3 in the world imo doing it.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #31
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
... Jeez..sorry the owner bought his car with black rims on it from Cadillac, I'll be sure to punch him in the face over it next time I see him ...
I LOL'd a little - good thing I work in an office with a door!

Man, the black wheels thing sure did explode - everybody's got an opinion, some just feel they need to state it a little more forcefully than others I guess. I think the green wrap looks pretty cool, definitely different. It's got a little too much "yellow" in it for me - definitely looks radioactive, but very cool. I'm a bit partial to the SGM, but I think something like that would look pretty good on your car - I would think it'll lay on there just fine. Forget all the opinions though - yours is the one that matters.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #32
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
I do have a pretty good question for you ytown87. Have you by chance bought pearl or metallic flakes and just added it to the plasti dip mix? I'd imagine it would work well and peel right off with everything... Also, when you spray, does the mist collect on any of your surroundings? I was thinking about doing this in my garage, but I'd hate to have to clean it off everything if a gust of wind kicks in.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #33
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
good point,youd probably need to get some plastic sheeting if youre going to spray it in the garage and not have it all over.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #34
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I do have a pretty good question for you ytown87. Have you by chance bought pearl or metallic flakes and just added it to the plasti dip mix? I'd imagine it would work well and peel right off with everything... Also, when you spray, does the mist collect on any of your surroundings? I was thinking about doing this in my garage, but I'd hate to have to clean it off everything if a gust of wind kicks in.
For the first part yes. This car was done with pearls. Even though the base coats were already green, we added pearls into the base gallons as well before adding the pearls to the gloss gallons to spray over. I usually recommend at least doing 2 coats first with no pearls in whatever gallons you are using because they will be difficult to clean off your factory paint after being peeled if in direct contact. I saw someone recently with a red Camaro who did the Iron Man chameleon flip. Instead of doing red base coats, they sprayed a few layers of regular clear down and then sprayed the chameleon over top with a few coats so the car would flip red to gold while using the cars natural red color.

You will want to cover as much of everytyhing up as possible with plastic sheets or tarps or something. Over spray is no joke. You'll still most likely have some clean up to do. Cover your garage floor as well...ask me how I know. Ive done so many cars in my garage that I was able to peel a layer of dip off the floor where I normally have the cars parked.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #35
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Not a fan of THAT green.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:01 PM   #36
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
I still dont prefer all black wheels. All of those cars in the pics above would look better with other wheels.
+1 but be careful zr1chris, those may be stock black wheels on all those cars and someone here will scold you!

ytown87, I just stated that the color of the car was o.k. but I don't care for the black wheels. IMHO I think it would look better with chrome. I really don't care what others do to their car because it is their car and they can do whatever they want to it. I do what I want to my car and I am sure there are some don't care for what I have done. That is o.k. I am a big boy and I can handle it.

All said and done, we are all Camaro enthusiasts so lets shake and get back to the threads arguing about what is better, a 6 speed vs auto or the v-6 vs v-8 threads.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:59 PM   #37
Smokenflyy

Drives: 2012 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
+1 but be careful zr1chris, those may be stock black wheels on all those cars and someone here will scold you!

ytown87, I just stated that the color of the car was o.k. but I don't care for the black wheels. IMHO I think it would look better with chrome. I really don't care what others do to their car because it is their car and they can do whatever they want to it. I do what I want to my car and I am sure there are some don't care for what I have done. That is o.k. I am a big boy and I can handle it.

All said and done, we are all Camaro enthusiasts so lets shake and get back to the threads arguing about what is better, a 6 speed vs auto or the v-6 vs v-8 threads.
Except going on a rage against black wheels like you did suggests your actually butt hurt and can't handle it
Smokenflyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:25 AM   #38
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
If it hasn't been said already, a bit Mopar Sublime. But I've seen the various colors you've done before, and I think it's nice to change things up for different shows. I'll also apologize in advance if my stock 1LE black rims offend anyone here.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:59 AM   #39
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I like bright green paired with royal blue. If you like the color go for it.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote