Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 04:48 PM   #141
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajefe View Post
Anyone hear of this company?-
Team APDEG
Apdeg, LLC
1614 20th St E
Palmetto, FL 34221
Someone said it was the old RX and they are offering me the replacement KPE kit.
"We are the engineering firm that did the re-design of the KPE supercharger system you were interested in. It looks like KPE has put things on hold so we are no longer working with them and would like to extend an offer to install the latest Vortech...."
Anybody know, references???
Yeah, that sounds like Tracy lewis

Run away from this "offer"...far away...
Old 10-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #142
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleavens1962 View Post
Heard from a fairly reliable source he is on the way or is in Texas, and may have a partner from this forum.
Anyone in the Tampa area that was left in the lurch needing some work done right, I know of a shop that is already working on multiple FSP cars (including my own).
Yeah hes in Texas...ran away from FL with a huge middle finger in the air to those that got screwed over pretty bad. He "tunes" at J-Rods shop and it looks like that's where his dyno is now. Hopefully this doesn't become anything negative for J-Rod bc it appears that all of the cars he touches are monsters. At any rate, those affected in FL don't seem to have any resolution to this issue. There was 1 car I know of that got finished that had been there for almost a year but that's all I've heard about personally.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:46 AM   #143
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Yeah hes in Texas...ran away from FL with a huge middle finger in the air to those that got screwed over pretty bad. He "tunes" at J-Rods shop and it looks like that's where his dyno is now. Hopefully this doesn't become anything negative for J-Rod bc it appears that all of the cars he touches are monsters. At any rate, those affected in FL don't seem to have any resolution to this issue. There was 1 car I know of that got finished that had been there for almost a year but that's all I've heard about personally.
He has always tuned for J-Rod, both remotely and with weekend trips to Houston. J-Rod also uses Pat G. and yes his work is impeccable. He's not going to let anything change that.

The best thing for those affected is for Matt to get back to work, start earning, and make some folks whole again. His business sense obviously sucks, but he can still get back to the basics, start tuning and turn some things around. You've obviously heard he was still working on cars in FL so hasn't given up on folks. Only time will tell how it plays out, but I wish everyone in this, the best of luck.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:27 PM   #144
LSX-80MM
Ghostly Unknown

Drives: Silver Ice 2010 SS/RS A6
Whats the STATUS.......
TS416,GMPPLSX-LS3 6 Bolt Heads,Custom 80mmComp Turbo,ID850 Injectors, Lonnies Twin Pump Setup,Level 3 4L80E,DSS,3in Magnaflow Exhaust,CoolingMist Meth,RX Dual Catch Can,InnovateWB,Aeroforce Interceptor,AEM Truboost Controller,matte black CF5 Forgestars.700rwhp/712rwtrq
Old 07-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #145
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
Just saw this. Guess im never getting that t shirt i ordered 3 years ago.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #146
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX-80MM View Post
Whats the STATUS.......
Here's your update,
It's actually gone well for most involved except for the inconveniences and delays. Of course the internet blew it up huge. Large purchases of fab equipment for the mega-builds and a fab guy that couldn't produce ultimately killed their cash flow and the rest is history. Big builds don't pay and Matt only does tuning now days.

MS Tuning is swamped here in Houston and his top notch tuning has never changed, but obviously not good with the finances. I've been trying to get my car down there for a while now and he's been too busy to get on but I'm flexible so will jump in when I can get a slot. Hopefully later this week. As I said earlier he's always been connected to Houston and tuned for a lot of folks down here. Other shops included.

J-Rod's Speed Shop does all the work and is highly respected here. Matt's shop is right across the parking lot so it makes for a great team. Those guys work 24/7 and as I mentioned it makes it hard for friends to get in or for them to work on their own cars. Guess that's a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bct10985 View Post
Just saw this. Guess im never getting that t shirt i ordered 3 years ago.
I've got a couple you can have
Old 07-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #147
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
FL Shop Reported

It was blown up huge (not overblown a bit) on Corvette Forum and Camaro Forum and rightly so.
Even now, after a year, there are those in the greater Tampa Bay area who have been paying to have their builds completed or piss poor builds repaired, myself being one of those.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #148
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleavens1962 View Post
It was blown up huge (not overblown a bit) on Corvette Forum and Camaro Forum and rightly so.
Even now, after a year, there are those in the greater Tampa Bay area who have been paying to have their builds completed or piss poor builds repaired, myself being one of those.
Yes there was a shop full of cars when the doors were shut but it doesn't mean everyone was blatantly screwed over like in the internet pile on folks with no dog in the fight would say. Many of them were completely taken care of. Hard to finish builds when you don't have a shop to work out of. Best of luck with yours now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Last I heard, they were trying to get some people taken care of. "Some" I know they did everything on my car except tuning, and Matt offered to finish that remotely for me. Like I said, time will show their true nature.
Kind of the nature of how these things go, but guys like Killer (RIP) had skin in this game and some like myself know both sides. Not here to debate anything, just giving my update to those that asked.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:28 AM   #149
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Hate to disagree mlee but I personal friend was screwed over pretty bad and nothing has been rectified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Old 07-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #150
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
Hate to disagree mlee but I personal friend was screwed over pretty bad and nothing has been rectified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely don't disagree that happened and I'm in no way defending any bankruptcy.
Just a ton of folks with no skin in the game that think they know or heard something.

Happens all the time on the forums and I guess I just get a bigger dose of it than most.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:53 PM   #151
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Hate to say it, but this thread would be better off closed. Opening up old financial wounds with absolutely no chance of it being made correct.

Closed Thread