Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #43
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
WTF? That's.... interesting. I think
Old 01-04-2009, 01:02 AM   #44
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
WTF? That's.... interesting. I think
shoe
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #45
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
A lil off topic, but...
I just bought a 1983 Datsun 280ZX today.
I've always wanted a Z.
Black
5-spd
T-Tops
beautiful interior
fast
congradulatons
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #46
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Quote:
A lil off topic, but...
I just bought a 1983 Datsun 280ZX today.
I've always wanted a Z.
Black
5-spd
T-Tops
beautiful interior
fast
Nice, how'bout a pic or two?
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #47
GatorBlue371

ok the z should not be considered to be $$$ competition for the maro, if you want leather and the rev matching manual they keep advertising it will cost you 37k+ and another 3k for the navi...
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 01-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #48
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Quote:

There ya go. But.... It's been wrecked a few time since this picture. That's how I got it so cheap. But I have time to work on it and she'll be pretty again in no time.
Starting with getting a new radiator. (wish me luck finding one)
You owe me...lol good luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSA...Q5fAccessories

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #49
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
ok the z should not be considered to be $$$ competition for the maro, if you want leather and the rev matching manual they keep advertising it will cost you 37k+ and another 3k for the navi...
No, nav is only $1850. See press realease below:

Complete 2009 Nissan 370Z pricing revealed, plus a new tagline - Autoblog

PRESS RELEASE

Nissan Announces Pricing on All-New 2009 370Z Coupe

Revised Marketing Tagline "SHIFT_the way you move" Also Revealed

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (Dec. 30, 2008) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) gets an early start on the new year with the announcement of pricing of the all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe and a revised marketing tagline. The new Z® goes on sale today at Nissan dealers nationwide with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)* starting at $29,930 for the 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission and $31,230 with the new 7-speed automatic transmission. The new Z® is also offered in a 370Z Coupe Touring model, which is priced at $34,460 with the 6-speed manual and $35,760 with the 7-speed automatic transmission.

Two option packages are offered: the Sport Package, priced at just $3,000, with 19-inch RAYS forged wheels and Bridgestone Potenza tires, aerodynamic front and rear spoiler, larger Nissan Sport Brakes, SynchroRev Match (6-speed manual transmission only) and Viscous Limited Slip Differential; and the Navigation Package, priced at $1,850, with Hard Drive-based Nissan Navigation System, 9.3GB Music Box Hard Drive and Interface System for iPod®.

As the most powerful Z® ever produced, the new 370Z hits dead center in the sports car "sweet spot" of performance, design and value – with less weight, more power and enhanced handling, quality and style. With a standard 332-horsepower 3.7-liter V6, choice of two advanced transmissions and a full array of driver-oriented interior features, the new 370Z is designed to be one of the top performance values in the world.

Also today Nissan announced the rollout of a revised marketing tagline: SHIFT_the way you move. Previously, SHIFT_ was used with multiple complement words, which varied by product or media application. The move to one set phrase "the way you move" reflects alignment of the direction Nissan is taking to meet changing consumer needs and wants.

"SHIFT_ has always been the core of Nissan's DNA. It is rethinking the ordinary, changing your point of view, and being original, forward thinking and challenging," said Christian Meunier, vice president, Nissan Marketing, NNA. "Our commitment to the philosophy of SHIFT_ has become even more critical as we look to the future and the pressures of economic and environmental change that are affecting consumer behavior in how they interact with and impact the world."

All Nissan national marketing materials will include the new SHIFT_the way you move tagline beginning in January.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #50
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroinmo View Post
No, nav is only $1850. See press realease below:

Complete 2009 Nissan 370Z pricing revealed, plus a new tagline - Autoblog

PRESS RELEASE

Nissan Announces Pricing on All-New 2009 370Z Coupe

Revised Marketing Tagline "SHIFT_the way you move" Also Revealed

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (Dec. 30, 2008) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) gets an early start on the new year with the announcement of pricing of the all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe and a revised marketing tagline. The new Z® goes on sale today at Nissan dealers nationwide with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)* starting at $29,930 for the 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission and $31,230 with the new 7-speed automatic transmission. The new Z® is also offered in a 370Z Coupe Touring model, which is priced at $34,460 with the 6-speed manual and $35,760 with the 7-speed automatic transmission.

Two option packages are offered: the Sport Package, priced at just $3,000, with 19-inch RAYS forged wheels and Bridgestone Potenza tires, aerodynamic front and rear spoiler, larger Nissan Sport Brakes, SynchroRev Match (6-speed manual transmission only) and Viscous Limited Slip Differential; and the Navigation Package, priced at $1,850, with Hard Drive-based Nissan Navigation System, 9.3GB Music Box Hard Drive and Interface System for iPod®.

As the most powerful Z® ever produced, the new 370Z hits dead center in the sports car "sweet spot" of performance, design and value – with less weight, more power and enhanced handling, quality and style. With a standard 332-horsepower 3.7-liter V6, choice of two advanced transmissions and a full array of driver-oriented interior features, the new 370Z is designed to be one of the top performance values in the world.

Also today Nissan announced the rollout of a revised marketing tagline: SHIFT_the way you move. Previously, SHIFT_ was used with multiple complement words, which varied by product or media application. The move to one set phrase "the way you move" reflects alignment of the direction Nissan is taking to meet changing consumer needs and wants.

"SHIFT_ has always been the core of Nissan's DNA. It is rethinking the ordinary, changing your point of view, and being original, forward thinking and challenging," said Christian Meunier, vice president, Nissan Marketing, NNA. "Our commitment to the philosophy of SHIFT_ has become even more critical as we look to the future and the pressures of economic and environmental change that are affecting consumer behavior in how they interact with and impact the world."

All Nissan national marketing materials will include the new SHIFT_the way you move tagline beginning in January.

somebody should tell Nissan that, every time i try to add 'Navigation' to my 370z on NissanMotors.com it ups the price 3k.

here, go ahead. http://www.nissanusa.com/configurato...ol=model.build
Old 01-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #51
4thGenRocks
But 5th Gen FTW!

Drives: myself crazy!
That's because you can ONLY order nav in touring package. You can add sports package to both base and touring but nav (and leather) only offered in touring model.

2009 Monterey Blue Nissan 370Z with Sports Package 6MT w/SynchroRev Match
4thGenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #52
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRocks View Post
That's because you can ONLY order nav in touring package. You can add sports package to both base and touring but nav (and leather) only offered in touring model.
even w/ touring the nav is 3k

the fact that you can only order it w/ touring doesnt effect how much $$ it is to add
Old 01-05-2009, 02:15 AM   #53
4thGenRocks
But 5th Gen FTW!

Drives: myself crazy!
Quote:
somebody should tell Nissan that, every time i try to add 'Navigation' to my 370z on NissanMotors.com it ups the price 3k.

here, go ahead. http://www.nissanusa.com/configurato...ol=model.build
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenRocks View Post
Quote:
even w/ touring the nav is 3k

the fact that you can only order it w/ touring doesnt effect how much $$ it is to add
I do not know what you're talking about. I added twice (just in case there was a glitch) and it works perfectly. Here's a screen shot showing 1850 for the Nav system

Am I missing something here?

2009 Monterey Blue Nissan 370Z with Sports Package 6MT w/SynchroRev Match
4thGenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #54
GatorBlue371

yea thats weird, i think it was a site glitch or something, when i logged on to the nissan site the first time like 6 hours before i posted it, the sportpackage was 1850 and the nav was 3k,

glad to have cleared that up... was having a hard time imagining how a navy system could be worth 3k... ha
Old 01-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #55
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
those r nice wheels for a factory car
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #56
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
those r nice wheels for a factory car
suposed to be 'super light weight' .

like the car which dropped 200 but only lost 20lbs on the curb weight