Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-13-2011, 01:36 AM   #43
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
"verts" are easy to "slash" and take things that belong to you!..very disconcerting!..hell!.these days,they might slash it because they don't like the color!..the "great unwashed!"
You can't keep anything of value inside a vert. Im used to that after having t-tops for.7 years (which were never on.) Realistically, you shouldn't leave anything of value in ur ride, vert or not- as its far too easy, and common to smash n grab anything left. As for cost of damages - good insurance is the best advice, and smart parking!.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:41 AM   #44
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I will always love seeing them with the top down because they look so cool with the top down. If I lived where it never snows I'd have a vert too.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #45
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012z28 View Post
I'm just glad there is a vert option for those that want it.
The vert isn't my cup of tea, but I'm sure it will be popular. To each his/her own.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #46
GrandPrixGXP

Drives: Grand Prix GXP
Amen, bro. Well said!! I pondered the same thing a few days ago on here, but I think it was removed because I didn't say it as politely as you did.
GrandPrixGXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #47
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
HEAR! HEAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Its not others opinions that bugs me so, nor do I concider this a rant by any means, its more the general "intent" (again, in my opinion) of this forum... I have been on here for quite awhile, anxiously awaiting my car, I look to the forum for advice, insight and ideas, likewise, it gives me a lifeline to thrive off while I wait on my car. But as each snippit of news comes out, it gets disheartening (and tedious) to read the redundant " I don't like it, its too heavy" comments. While everyone IS entitled to there opinions (I served long enough myself to help garuntee that) its still a nuisance to repeatedly read ignorant comments splashed across ever and any convert post (by the same ppl) bashing our dream vehicles. I don't believe the coupe ppl "get it" cuz while they were patiently waiting, there was no one else on here to discredit their cars, so instead, they all had a forum to discuss happily in anticipation of their upcoming rides. Us vert owners are being denied that anticipated good-will as everytime I anxiously open a new article, instead of friendly banter of excitement, I see "I don't like it, etc...

At the end of the day, this is a Camaro forum- we're all (hopefully) here because we love our Camaros, coupe, vert, new, old whatever the case may be. Instead of downing someone elses likes, keep it positive so we can all enjoy the Camaro experience! Got enough enemies in the rice-burner category as it is without shooting our own!
HEAR! HEAR BROTHER!! I was thinking the same thing, everyone is entitled to their opinion but jeeze, when a vert is even mentioned on a Camaro forum, its almost like you're promoting buying a Mustang! Better be careful though, you keep complaining about it and Milk might spank you.
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #48
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
I won't be buying the vert, but only because I am not a vert kind of guy. I have seen the pics of the vert and I have to say that I think it is one very sharp looking car. Some cars just don't look good in a vert, but I think the Camaro Vert looks great.

p.s. Do I think my Camaro is a lil heavy? Yup. But you just try to take my Camaro away from me! IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN......
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #49
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
I learned from my 99 to keep interior matching towels in the car- not the most appealing, but worked well for short stops where id leave the t-tops off in the sun. And I definitely agree about the balloon tops. Although I've seen several without that look, so I wonder if its just a maitenence (in which case im not worried) or a design issue?
i think it was a design issue because everyone i seen on the highway with the top up looked like a bubble going down the road. the owners were probably unaware from the inside. seems like a design flaw that could have been fixed rather easily.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #50
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Ever since I had my 69 SS vert I have been hooked on Convertibles. Nothing like cruising the highway at 75 with the tunes cranked and the wind through what is left of my hair. I had on order a RJT 1SS until I found out what the price was going to be. $38,500 is out of my ballpark for a new one. Priced out the same equipped Mustang and it was 3,000 less than the Camaro. I am going to wait it out and let someone else take the depreciation on it and pick up a used one later in the summer or next year.
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote