Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
WIKID SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Iphone and address book

I have a question regarding bluetooth and iphone address book. I have a 2010 Camaro ss/rs and i can connect to bluetooth and phone works good but cant connect to address book. Radio screen says"phonebook not available." Phone connects to General Motors. Now i was at the dealership he other day and there was a 2012 ss/rs in the showroom, so for fun i connected my iphone to the car and the name says "Your Vehicle." My whole address book shows up on the screen and it works very good. So my question is, How do i get that to work on my 2010? Is it just a radio reflash, or would the bluetooth module need to be replaced? Now i know that the bluetooth module is tied in with the onstar module which if im correct would now leave the onstar not working. If anybody knows anything about this, an answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
WIKID SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Here's how you access your phonebook

1) hold down the phone button on the steering wheel

2) say "bluetooth"

3) say "voice"

4) wait for the voice control beep, and then say the name of the person you want to call
Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
As far as I looked through your Owners Manual there isn't a section that shows that the vehicle is capable of using the phone book from your phone. It asks that you setup name tags for certain numbers that you might call frequently but other than there isn't any instruction on how to use your phones phone book with your vehicle. I would suggest checking through section 6 starting on page 22. I hope this helps.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
WIKID SS

It won't work. The newer models may do this because they finally fixed the head unit. There were/ are a number of problems and issues with the 2010 camaro head units. There are firmware updates available but good luck trying to get one. I've tried numerous times to get mine updated but the dealers are clueless and and to a certain extent so is Chevy.
There is an ongoing thread about firmware updates, you can take a look your self. But you should just go buy a lotto ticket, cuz your more likely to win that, than get Chevy to fix your radio.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
My 2011 does not do that. The ONLY way I can access my address book is by doing the procedure I wrote above.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
He says he tried it on a 2012 at the dealership.
I havnt seen it myself, but I don't think he would lie about it.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
My 2012 1LT will show the address book of my Motorola Droid Bionic phone on the radio readout screen.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
My 2011 2SS shows the contacts list from my iPhone 4S. Just used it last night.

Hit the "Phone" button on the radio/head unit. Selected "iPhone" and up came the alphabet, 3 letters at a time. Selected the one with letter I wanted and got a list of all the contacts that began with those letters. Scrolled through to find the contact I wanted, selected it and the number was dialed.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 PM   #9
KirkB
Don't Believe the Truth

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 1LS
My 2012 1LS can pull up my address book via the phone button and menu technique described above. I'm connecting via Bluetooth to both onstar and these stereo C&C. Not sure which Bluetooth connection is accessing the phonebook. However, I'm certain it would be onstar since the stereo Bluetooth is limited to streaming audio only.
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
cazop

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Camaro
I also have a 2010 2SS RS and i am not able to access phone book. (Phone book not available)
cazop is offline   Reply With Quote