Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #29
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
At the time, it was... some of the "cool kids" in town had 'em, and those just sort of became "the thing to have."

Of course, once we grew up up, we figured out that it's not about what the cool kids are driving, but more about what a cool ride is.

Not trying to sound elitist or anything, but, those of us driving C5s are NOW the cool kids! Maybe some of us are a little older (yep... I'm turning 44 today... DAMN!!!), but we ARE the new cool kids!

I think we can all agree on that one!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #30

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
As much as I've heard of "old school" muscle car shows being maligned by some because of a few bad words from some of the "older guys"...I go to one on a regular basis with my car...They are very protective of their regular shows...I have been welcomed there and shown my car...But, anyone, that is anyone, in an older car or new who runs loud, burns rubber, or shows off (coming or going near the meet)...is not allowed in, and not allowed to come back.
Perhaps they recognize the mistakes of their youth, and are just a little leary of the new cars and younger drivers who still can't resist the urge to "show-off".
I'm not lecturing or judging, but just fyi in case you get the stink-eye from an established muscle car show. Show respect, and respect will be returned. Enjoy.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #31
Coltrane
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nick_ View Post
Skip to 0:40 for fail.

That first video has to be some of the stupidest sh!t i've ever seen in my life. Is that what ricers do? ROFLMFAO !!!

And the second video is just weird. Looks like the guy just decided to drive into the lake. It didn't appear like he was screwing around or lost control or anything.
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #32

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post
And the second video is just weird. Looks like the guy just decided to drive into the lake. It didn't appear like he was screwing around or lost control or anything.
I agree...He was probably driving exactly where his GPS told him to!!..lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFox1 View Post
What are they gonna do if you don't pay it? Take your car away from the guy who bought it at auction?

Not a fan of seizure. Take their license, not their car.
They can garnish your wages or seize other things you own. I'm not a fan of seizure, either but that's up to voters to fix.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Silly ricers
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #35
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
That first video has to be some of the stupidest sh!t i've ever seen in my life. Is that what ricers do? ROFLMFAO !!!

The second clip of the Veyron innocently and unbeknownst to the driver caught the owner ditching his car into the drink in order he collect on the one million dollar plus insurance payout..... was major news when it happened......He was eventually charged with fraud and a few other well earned citations.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #36
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthook View Post
a year ago my buddy ... went out in his cavalier trying to impress these 2 chicks...
Well, THAR's yer problem...!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #37
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

He was sending a text.......

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #38
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
The second clip of the Veyron innocently and unbeknownst to the driver caught the owner ditching his car into the drink in order he collect on the one million dollar plus insurance payout..... was major news when it happened......He was eventually charged with fraud and a few other well earned citations.
I didn't know the back story but that was exactly what I thought when I watched. What dumb luck for that moron, he's trying to commit insurance fraud and someone records him doing it lol.
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #39
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:

I was just WAITING to see that Ricer go BOOM!!! I was hoping the kid would get out of the car but wanted to see that thing burn to the ground!!!

The second video, I call "Staged".

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #40
Reloaded
Beasting off the Riesling

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Only in Russia...

Reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #41
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
People just amaze me!!!! Those videos are funny and just another RULE I LIVE BY... Is the Risk worth the Reward? In this case NOPE, so don't be an idiot!!!!

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #42
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
One of my favorites because it was a mustang and local !!!
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote