Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
In search of the holy grail

What are we after? I know I'm searching too. These cars beg us to add performance mods on them to make them faster than the rest or cosmetics so they are more distinct. No matter what we do we can never be the fastest in these cars as there will always be faster but we just can't contain ourselves. Its still feels good to be better than the guy next to you even if the guy to the other side is better than you. Thanks.

Last edited by The SwiftChancelor; 04-15-2012 at 04:28 PM.
The SwiftChancelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
jimsss

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
For me it was in 1985. I was 19, and driving a 1979 Gold Trans Am with the 6.6 403 cu. in. I beat everyone and everything, even the corvette with their 350.
Everything built after 1979 was a dog in comparison. I was the shit.
These days, every year the next car is better and faster.
We need another pause and retreat by GM so that we can enjoy having the best as well as the fastest.
You don't have to agree, but for me that time of my life was "the holy grail".
jimsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #4

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I grew up during the "Golden Age" of drag racing...witnessed the birth of the "funny-cars", factory horsepower wars, run-what-you brung bracket cars....It put the hook in me more than I realized...To see the "return" of raceable, mod-able, affordable factory cars from "the big three" is almost unbelievable in this day and age...

Enjoy it, boys and girls...I'm pretty sure I'll never see another "round" of American muscle in my lifetime...I hope everyone appreciates what they have going on here...
You may not think so now...but it will be gone again someday. Enjoy it while it lasts!
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
O44DOG

Drives: 2010 SS
I am suprised that they are still planning to produce and improve the cars. The emission and fuel mileage standard must kick in sometime. I agree with you 90, let's enjoy it while it lasts.
O44DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
The holy grail is to mod my car to the point of me no longer wanting to change the car in any way because I love it the way it is, in other words, keep modding until I find it's perfection. Someday I hope to find the holy grail, until then I'll keep on modding.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Nothing better than beating a 69 ss with and aggressive cam with skinnies and slicks while on stock tires
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #8
The SwiftChancelor

That gets me to another question on this without hurting any feelings, why someone would add performance mods to their v6 knowing unless you had TT's or something you couldn't take a v8. You should have had a v8 because why bye the v6 if your in search of v8 power? I can just assume its because the v6 was just more in reach for some and you could mod over time to increase performance and like in my thread opening statment, you'll be faster than the v6 next to you. Just wondering and I have had a 3.1l v6 in a 90' RS and a 3.8l in a 97' Firebird. I guess the same can be said for me though, my SS will never be a Ferrari but it's still F'n awesome and the same goes for the v6.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SwiftChancelor View Post
That gets me to another question on this without hurting any feelings, why someone would add performance mods to their v6 knowing unless you had TT's or something you couldn't take a v8. You should have had a v8 because why bye the v6 if your in search of v8 power? I can just assume its because the v6 was just more in reach for some and you could mod over time to increase performance and like in my thread opening statment, you'll be faster than the v6 next to you. Just wondering and I have had a 3.1l v6 in a 90' RS and a 3.8l in a 97' Firebird. I guess the same can be said for me though, my SS will never be a Ferrari but it's still F'n awesome and the same goes for the v6.
The reason why V6ers will go that far is this, for most anyway, a lot of compitions will specific classes that they will compete against V6's....not V8's. so they are comparing Apples to Apples......and the bragging rights to be the fastest V6.

we have a guy that just finished his car....hadn't been to the track yet.....but on the dyno, he's real real close to 400 hp the the wheels.....considering the stock V6 is about 260 hp, thats pretty good.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:

if thats the question, why buy a camaro if you want the most power?

why not buy a veyron and mod it? or a koenigsegg

its all about what individuals want/need/can afford.

once you get the mod bug, it doesn't go away.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
oldschool69
oldschool69

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I grew up during the "Golden Age" of drag racing...witnessed the birth of the "funny-cars", factory horsepower wars, run-what-you brung bracket cars....It put the hook in me more than I realized...To see the "return" of raceable, mod-able, affordable factory cars from "the big three" is almost unbelievable in this day and age...

Enjoy it, boys and girls...I'm pretty sure I'll never see another "round" of American muscle in my lifetime...I hope everyone appreciates what they have going on here...
You may not think so now...but it will be gone again someday. Enjoy it while it lasts!

AMEN BROTHER!!!
oldschool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #12
The SwiftChancelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
if thats the question, why buy a camaro if you want the most power?

why not buy a veyron and mod it? or a koenigsegg

its all about what individuals want/need/can afford.

once you get the mod bug, it doesn't go away.
I did say it could be said for me as well like having a Ferrari. There are whole lot more powerful cars that would out run me I know this. I didn't think of the v6 specific races of course they'd wanna have fun too and compete. I really just mean if the SS is just around, what like $10,000 more than the v6 and you plan on putting around that much in mods anyways why not just go with the SS? Unless you really just want to go up against other v6 cars.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
KamaroKid9614

Drives: 98 Camaro V6 White
As for the holy grail thing i wouldn't know... but as far as v6er's and 8's they all compete in their own rankings and classes... v6er's go compete with v6's and v8's with v8's and high end cars such as Bugatti's their all in their own classes... they compete to be in the top of their class... but maybe i'm wrong this is just my opinion

p.s. im just 15....
Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
I did say it could be said for me as well like having a Ferrari. There are whole lot more powerful cars that would out run me I know this. I didn't think of the v6 specific races of course they'd wanna have fun too and compete. I really just mean if the SS is just around, what like $10,000 more than the v6 and you plan on putting around that much in mods anyways why not just go with the SS? Unless you really just want to go up against other v6 cars.

who needs $10k?
a proper nitrous setup on a v6 will put a stock SS down.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote