Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: ZL1 or GT500, Which one would you get?
ZL1 5 35.71%
GT500 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #715
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97SS View Post
Don't know about Ford, but GM definitely did not present the facts in there behind the scenes drag shoot out, with the ZL1. We were there, and the only sub-12 second times, was with a fresh set of Nitto Drag Radials on both the auto and manual ZL1. They kept trying with the stock wheels, and tires. The best was mid-12's. That's the truth, and trust me, we both wanted to see the ZL1 hit the 11 second mark - right out of the box.
Why is everybody ignoring this information??? I too would like to see proof of the 11.9 run
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #716
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
Why is everybody ignoring this information??? I too would like to see proof of the 11.9 run
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/04/2...11-93-seconds/

*UPDATE: We've placed a call to Chevrolet inquiring whether these times were recorded on stock tires, as the press release indicates, or on drag radials. We'll add another update as soon as we hear back.

*UPDATE TWO: The times quoted in the press release – 11.93 for the auto and 11.96 for the manual – were recorded on the stock Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G:2 tires. According to Chevrolet, the team knocked about a tenth of a second off those numbers with the Mickey Thompson drag tires.

Inside Line also called GM and reported the 11 sec time was on stock tires
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:39 AM   #717
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Come on guys, time to let it cool down a bit now. The point has been very clearly made. The mods have been pretty relaxed on this thread. Let's try to keep it open.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #718
gearhead08

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 and 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Come on guys, time to let it cool down a bit now. The point has been very clearly made. The mods have been pretty relaxed on this thread. Let's try to keep it open.
+1
gearhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #719
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
I have to say that Chevy comes out of this looking the fool. If the GT500 is being delivered to customers as a 13 model before 12 ZL1's are getting to customers who ordered forever ago, then egg on face.

Also, if the GT500 is able to trap in the 125ish range, on the stock rubber, while no one not named Chevy has been able to break 12's or 116 ish, then why all the chest bumping from Al?

Man I want a Z, because its just damn sexier, and mean as hell looking. I've owned a few Camaro's in my lifetime and have never even thought about a Mustang. But Ill be damned if Im not now. Forget track packs Ill never use them. For 56K and no gas guzzler. It has my attention.

That engine shot of the GT500 is just puuurty.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #720
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
129mph?!!! Holy crap!!! I knew it was gonna eat the ZL1 for lunch but not breakfast lunch and dinner!!
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:00 AM   #721
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
129mph?!! If this is tru theres no doubt in my ming this car beat the ZL1s time at the ring. Its just too damn fast...
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:45 AM   #722
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjns20 View Post
Looks like your the fanboy here. If you dont like this thread then dont post in here. This is the GT500 vs ZL1 thread....so if you dont like the facts then leave....
Let's look at facts here.... Bamf....

The person you are quoting and getting on is a moderator on this site and as such is charged with keeping the site respectful and peaceful.

We post in threads like this when they start getting out of hand. If you take a few minutes to note and refresh yourself on the rules, it will help you if you desire to remain a member of this site...

Look at my user name, and then go back and look at his... Note the different shade of red... That color denotes the moderators of the site... Those with the ability to end your stay... It is a privately owned and operated site....we make the rules and we enforce them for the benefit of the majority who opt to follow the rules...

We have all given quite a bit of latitude in this thread... We have the option and ability to close it at any time should we desire... There are some legitimate car fans in here that just happen to drive other brands, but they post respectfully for the most part...

No part of your post showed any inclination towards that... I would hate to close this thread for the actions of one... And I have a better idea if I see any more posts like that...

Call me a fanboy if you like... I own, drive, mod and race a Camaro... Why shouldn't I be a fan on a Camaro site...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #723
Wondering

Drives: Z06,GS Vert,Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
looks like it just went 11.52 @ 127 with a cool down and launch control turned off.

Actually,it looks more like you have a case of writers embellishment. To set this straight: there's a gentleman over at SVT that says he has seen the car previously in action,but wasn't at liberty to post the times,just that all there would be happy with the results. After the runs yesterday were posted,he got the go-ahead to post what he had witnessed previously...the 11.52 @ 127 ....

The best run at the test yesterday was Evan Smith's 11.81 @ 123.

But you already knew that didn't you?
Wondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #724
Seer

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
Actually,it looks more like you have a case of writers embellishment. To set this straight: there's a gentleman over at SVT that says he has seen the car previously in action,but wasn't at liberty to post the times,just that all there would be happy with the results. After the runs yesterday were posted,he got the go-ahead to post what he had witnessed previously...the 11.52 @ 127 ....

no it was a case of telephone, but the cool thing is, the car has went 11.5 @ 127
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #725
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by priz23 View Post
That's pretty clever.

Mustang guy 2
Soap box mod 0
I am NOT a "Ford" guy or a "Chevy" guy. Although I like the Camaro over the Mustang, I am a car ENTHUSIAST. This means I am enthusiastic about high performance cars. Don't make this an Us vs. Them like so many. Be better than that.
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #726
93TealCobra
Banned

Drives: 1993 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering View Post

I hate to burst your bubble, but it was DBK on SVTP. Like I said about 2 pages ago, he's also on Shelby Forums, and has met with Jamal Hameedi in person before. He ALWAYS has inside information. He's the one who confirmed that the '13 had a press day at Road Atlanta yesterday. He has never been wrong, not once.

The car went 11.52 @ 127 MPH and that's a fact. This thing is a beast, there's undeniable fact behind it.
93TealCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #727
Paco
Banned

Drives: Chevrolet's, Ford's and one Jeep
11.57 at 127 is very believable. I still think that time will be beat by end of summer/early fall.
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #728
chain777

Drives: Slow
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=129

Do I get a cookie or something?

I was a little off though, I think I underestimated it a bit.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote