Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
Onecoolcamaroguy
Banned

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2LT/Rs
Cheap rear bumper brackets!

I was rear ended and had to have my bumper replaced and impact bar!The shop did lousey work.It was a Chevy dealer.They charged for work they didnt do.Parts were falling off.These were the issues.The rockers were loose and front 1/4 flares not re taped.Rear valance panel was gouged.The impact bar wasnt painted to match rear body panel,rear flares falling off and large gaps all around Bumper!Chevy refused to fix it so i filed with the insurance commissioners office in Nj and they agree that there was fraud and are investigating the rogue dealer.I had to remove and reinstall the rockers(there was 17 broken and Missing retainers),retape front flares using 3m mounting tape,I had to remove rear bumper.and install new brackets and retaper rear flares and clean surface area with alcohol so new tape would stick!The only issue I have left is the right side of the bumper where it meets rear 1/4 panel still isnt perfect.The very top of the cover isnt meeting it,but was able to get 90% of it to fit right!Im gonna try another bracket with a larger rivet as The 3/16th rivet doesnt seem to hold well.Any suggestions?
Onecoolcamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onecoolcamaroguy View Post
I was rear ended and had to have my bumper replaced and impact bar!The shop did lousey work.It was a Chevy dealer.They charged for work they didnt do.Parts were falling off.These were the issues.The rockers were loose and front 1/4 flares not re taped.Rear valance panel was gouged.The impact bar wasnt painted to match rear body panel,rear flares falling off and large gaps all around Bumper!Chevy refused to fix it so i filed with the insurance commissioners office in Nj and they agree that there was fraud and are investigating the rogue dealer.I had to remove and reinstall the rockers(there was 17 broken and Missing retainers),retape front flares using 3m mounting tape,I had to remove rear bumper.and install new brackets and retaper rear flares and clean surface area with alcohol so new tape would stick!The only issue I have left is the right side of the bumper where it meets rear 1/4 panel still isnt perfect.The very top of the cover isnt meeting it,but was able to get 90% of it to fit right!Im gonna try another bracket with a larger rivet as The 3/16th rivet doesnt seem to hold well.Any suggestions?

We apologize for the frustrations and inconveniences you had experienced. I can set up a case with GM customer service, if you would like. Please provide me with your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name in a PM.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service