Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
dougsnash

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT RS M6
GM Customer Satisfaction survey

What is everyones opinion about the GM Customer Satisfaction Survey they send out after you purchase a new car?

I just completed mine after putting it off for a couple of weeks. While I wouldn't call my purchase experience great, I avoided being too harsh in my responses. I had a rather cool comment typed in about how my purchase experience seemed a bit too 'Self-Serve'. I decided against submitting it because it would not force the dealership to change and it likely would have made them cranky when I eventually need service.

What are your experiences with the survey and how the dealership reacts to them?
dougsnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
kissmyss03

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
if you cant give 100% dont do it. it messes up their bonuses from GM if a salesmen goes below a certain percentage. if anything call and say you want a free oil change if you give 100%
Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/PEARL STRIPES-6M
In my opinion it does not do anybody any good if the survey does not accurately reflect your shopping experience. If bonuses are affected maybe the processes that caused the dis-satisfaction will improve.
Chevy Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
cmick
corey

Drives: 2013 ss/rs m6
i just filled out a survey today and i have to agree the reason for these are to find ways to improve services . if we give 100% satisfied all the time then nothing will ever change
cmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
Just FYI, if you wait too long the responses don't count in the dealership ratings with GM. I believe it is 90 days after they send the survey though.
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmyss03 View Post
if you cant give 100% dont do it. it messes up their bonuses from GM if a salesmen goes below a certain percentage. if anything call and say you want a free oil change if you give 100%
They offered me a year of free changes if I gave them a good review. When I went in for the first one, they did not know what Dexos 1 was, and did not want to know. I left. Should have given them a more honest review...like the zero they really deserved.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Fanatic View Post
In my opinion it does not do anybody any good if the survey does not accurately reflect your shopping experience. If bonuses are affected maybe the processes that caused the dis-satisfaction will improve.
True
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
It is too bad the survey focuses on the sales experience and not what is liked and not about the vehicle. The sales experience is important but good feedback on what we think abotu the product could effect design, option packages etc.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
pooch

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk convertible
I just filled out one today. Gave 100's across the board. Everybody I dealt with was really fare to me. Don't like giving bad reviews unless I get really screwed.
pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
The survey should be over the time of ownership, not just during the honeymoon period.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Fanatic View Post
100000000000000000000x this! I had a good experience but I do surveys and things like this at my work. 90% of the survey is to know what we did wrong and how to improve it.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
sloSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmyss03 View Post
When the economy tanked a couple of years ago I made a career switch to auto sales, I've been passionate about cars all my life.
I worked as a salesperson at a GM franchise for one year. In my experience the survey is not used to "improve the breed", at least at the dealership level. 50% of my compensation package was based on survey results.
If the customer had a bad experience in F&I and noted it on the survey, the F&I person did not take a pay hit, the salesperson did. Crazy! Other departments including detail and service are not within the salesperson's control, yet the salesperson takes the pay hit.
A survey not marked 100% satisfied affected salesperson compensation for 90 days, we're talking 90 days at 50% income...
The revolving door of untrained salespeople at the dealership level is in part due, imho, to the total compensation available.
I believe the scoring system is broken if a grading scale of 1 thru 5 is available, yet ANY grade below 5 is regarded as fail.
Kudos to the quality salespeople that are members of Camaro5 and the dealerships that treat them properly!
I'm back in my previous line of work
sloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #13
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
I was with GM customer service in 1999 when they finally got the surveys you see today all ironed out. The survey we all got recently for our Camaro purchase is 100% same as when I worked on it.

Biggest reason for the GM survey and the importance placed on it was and is that US car manufacturers found a big crack in Japanese/German armor, customer service, or lack of it. The Germans are naturally arrogant, and would outright refuse to warranty things, blaming it on the customers. The Japanese automakers would outright deny the problems.

So GM went with a big huge customer service push. Personally, I wish they would have went on a huge quality push, but you take what you can get. And yes, quality has gone way up too.

It must have had some effect, VW built a customer service center right next to GM's customer service center in Portland in 2000. They would actively recruit from GM whenever they could. Something about Germans invading other's territories must be hereditary. Adidas also moved into Portland to be next to Nike for the same motives, lure talent away.

GM's customer service center in Portland packed their bags a few years ago, leaving behind a building built in 1999 specifically for them for God knows where. Most if not all of GM's customer service is handled by a contractor overseen by GM. So the "Brandon" we see lurking here from time-to-time probably isn't a real GM employee per se, he could answer that.

Oh yeah, forgot why I was writing, tend to ramble. So yes, the customer service survey is huge. if you don't give 100% "Completely Satisfied", expect a call from GM customer service about it, and then they will call the dealer and ask "WTF? ".

I just got another one for a warrnaty work just done, weatherstripping on passenger door. I am giving 100% satisfied, enjoyed hanging out in the service area with a bunch of Chevy guys.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Giving 100% positive reviews to a dealership that doesn't deserve it, just so they can receive financial rewards is like tipping an incompetent/lazy server. It just rewards negative behavior and encourages continued poor service. In the end this ensures that the next customer will also receive the same type of lackluster service.

Be honest. You just spent $30k...it's not unrealistic to expect to be treated properly.

Tags
customer satisfaction survey