Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #29
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
I have IBM which is lighter then black but it is still very dark and though I love IBM it is a pain in the ass to keep clean, especially because mine is kept outside. I think that white looks awesome and its less maintenance. I would go white! But it is all up to you
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #30
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
I like both white and black but like most have stated white is nice.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #31
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
You cant get this shine from white!
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #32
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
I have IBM which is lighter then black but it is still very dark and though I love IBM it is a pain in the ass to keep clean, especially because mine is kept outside. I think that white looks awesome and its less maintenance. I would go white! But it is all up to you
You're right, it is hard to keep clean. But, I would never give up my IBM!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #33
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
HAd two black camaros and still have a black Trailblazer. I could have saved almost 10 grand getting a black Camaro (only one left in my area) and still opted not to. Someone said it looks good for 6 hours? Man, I see dust on mine within hours. Drives me crazy. I will never own a black car again.

That said, clean black is like a mirror and looks pretty amazing. However, I want to appreciate my car more than just the hour or two after I wash it. I opted for SIM and have no regrets at all.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #34
sarswimmer22

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
You cant get this shine from white!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #35
sarswimmer22

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Black all the way
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #36
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
When I look at MOST (note I didn't say ALL) black cars, all I see are micro-scratches and swirls. My wife drives a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat and I'm afraid to wash it. I actually avoid washing it as long as I can get away with it.

I use a 2 bucket wash method and it takes me 2 hours every time.

It looks like a million bucks when it's clean though.

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #37
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirManFL View Post
When I look at MOST (note I didn't say ALL) black cars, all I see are micro-scratches and swirls. My wife drives a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat and I'm afraid to wash it. I actually avoid washing it as long as I can get away with it.

I use a 2 bucket wash method and it takes me 2 hours every time.

It looks like a million bucks when it's clean though.

Rob
That's the problem with Black. Unless its spotless you see every spec of dirt and every micro-scratch.

As much as I love my phantom black metallic - I'll probably never buy another black car.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #38
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Man, what a tough choice! Well, having owned both, they both have pros and cons as you already know. You will be happy with either, but white, in short, will best fit your life between the two.

Black looks striking when its clean and shined! White looks amazing, but being 80% clean it doesnt look as bad as black does at 80% clean.

Although you cant really go wrong with either, white is your choice!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #39
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I've had both black and white cars. White is better at hiding dirt and swirl marks but black looks great when it's clean. If you have a garage and it's not a daily driver I'd vote for the black otherwise I pick white.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #40
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
As most decorators say, white is not a color. Check out Silver if you want easy care and swirls that do not stand out. Or go black and get to know a good detail shop. Either will be fun. White seems to make the car look bigger
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #41
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I had a Black 2012 1LT and it drove me crazy trying to keep it clean. Black is definitely the best looking color when it's clean... and the worst when it's not! I traded it for a SIM 2013 1SS and love it.

The other thing about black, as others have mentioned, unless you are going to hand wash it "by the book" you will get swirling - and black shows swirls worse than any other color.

That was my first black car and it made me a believer in "Once you go black, you'll NEVER go back". In the car world, to me, that means if you own a black car once... you'll never get another one. Too labor intensive.

I recommend you get the Summit White.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #42
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
Reguardless of the color Sweetheart, if your not the "type" to clean your car, it will still look like Sh#@. There is nothing worse than a person going through trouble of shopping, choosing, getting finanaced and brining it home only for it to look like garbarge six months later. Good Luck to u.
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote