Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Chevynutt

Drives: 2011 2ss conv. red jewel, 69 ss con
2011 ss convert, top hole, dealer being a pain.

I have a 2011 2ss and it has a very small puncture mark and hole over top of the passengers side window. Seems as if something is poking at the top when it is down?The top also goes down a little bit high on that side and does not seem to sit flat when down. The pass. side is just a tad bit higher. Has any body else had this problem, or have any small issues starting with the same area. They tell me it is not covered under the bulletin. I am speechless, figured I would get better service than this. Thanks for any help.
Chevynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Check out the convertible sub section, the 11s have had just nothing but problems with the tops.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

I cant speak for your specific problem because I have a coupe, but im sure you are not alone. Sounds like your dealer sucks and since they sold you the car, they dont care anymore. Try a different dealer or talk to someone from GM. They have a rep on this forum that pops in regularly, maybe he can chime in. His name is Brandon and he can probably help you deal with the dealer.

Sorry for your troubles. Hopefully youll get squared away soon and be able to get down and enjoy your ride in time for the good weather to hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Contact Brandon the rep on here with your vin number he will tell you if you are covered. I have not seen a 2011 that was not. I had the same marks no hole and was. Your dealer is feeding you a bunch of BS. Find another dealer and ask for a warranty extension on the top. I got one till 82,000 miles or 2016 whichever comes first. Don't take no as an answer GM owes you a new top.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
As stated this is a very common problem for many of the 11's and some of the 12's... I had a 12, and had this issue plus many others listed in the convertible section of the forum.

So far the 13 has worked great though.
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
Contact Brandon the rep on here with your vin number he will tell you if you are covered. I have not seen a 2011 that was not. I had the same marks no hole and was. Your dealer is feeding you a bunch of BS. Find another dealer and ask for a warranty extension on the top. I got one till 82,000 miles or 2016 whichever comes first. Don't take no as an answer GM owes you a new top.
Thank you for the shout out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevynutt View Post
I have a 2011 2ss and it has a very small puncture mark and hole over top of the passengers side window. Seems as if something is poking at the top when it is down?The top also goes down a little bit high on that side and does not seem to sit flat when down. The pass. side is just a tad bit higher. Has any body else had this problem, or have any small issues starting with the same area. They tell me it is not covered under the bulletin. I am speechless, figured I would get better service than this. Thanks for any help.
zandron263 is right! I can check into this for you, if you would like. Please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership name. I look forward to your reply via PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service