Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
Just Moved have a few questions

Hello all, first let me just say that this is site is great I been reading on here for a while and it amazes me how knowledgable and supportive you guys are. Well, i have had my SS for a while.I just moved from Norman, Oklahoma to Lubbock Tx so i was wondering is it required for me to get texas plates also is their emission testing in lubbock( Stupid muffler delete ) ?

I am an international student Sorry for any grammar mistakes ( still gonna get nailed)
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
p3jason
Allergic to stupid.

Drives: 2015 ZL1 #957 M6 AGM & 1990 Z24
Send a message via Yahoo to p3jason
You are required to be licensed and registered in whatever state is your legal residence.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Welcome. Unless you claim your place or residence in OK, then you will need to get Texas plates and required to have them on both the front and back. As for emissions, a muffler delete will not cause you to fail emissions.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
Frid

And welcome to C5!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
Thanks for the quick responses, So even without mufflers I would pass? don't they do a visual check ?
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
Frid

Even if they do a visual check, I'm pretty sure you are fine as long as you have your catalytic converters and don't fail the 'sniff test' if that is apart of Texas law. If I'm wrong someone please correct me on this.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Don't worry about unless your tags are set to expire. I lived in Iowa for almost a year with Oregon plates that were current, and that was that. Just keep your insurance current, it doesn't matter where your license if from or your title.

BTW, I returned to Oregon after 11 months and all was good. Changing plates/licenses is another way to give your $$$ over to another money collection unit. Should you ever get pulled over and the lawman asks if the address is current, just say yes. You can do it without lying if you may indeed one day go back.

Oregon is one of those esoteric states, you can be overseas or on the Moon, or just Iowa, if you "just think you are an Oregonian, you are".
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Alot9439, CONGRATS on the new ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!