Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #57
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
I have heard of 1 independent test besides the Phadt test. This particular shop made 7rwhp over an ARH 1 7/8 header. Which is a pretty considerable gain for a header vs header comparison.

I am waiting to see if anybody else gets similar results.

I think 7hp is possible. Phadt is a very reputable company and puts out very high quality parts. And for the price, I think it's worth 7 extra hp. But more tests will dictate my pulling the trigger on them.
7hp more for the same price as an arh thats awesome! Skeptical is the name of our game but since we are in America you have to believe them till proven other wise
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #58
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
7hp more for the same price as an arh thats awesome! Skeptical is the name of our game but since we are in America you have to believe them till proven other wise
I can say that they look top notch on quality. I don't think that is even debatable. Whether or not they simply outperform the top brands is all I'm interested in. I personally hope that they are correct and that they do put out more hp and tq over a kooks or ARH or SW header. Then the whole header debate will now get turned up on its end. And the new big dog on the block will be PHADT headers! There will be no more comments that all headers are about the same, pick whatever fits ur budget! Instead it will be pick which ever gets you to your goal and also fits your budget. If you goal is just a good increase in the butt dyno and you will never track your car, then a cheaper brand might be the answer. On the flip side, if your goal is to get the most power out if your car, then hopefully, these will be the header of choice!

We just need some good data from several cars. Not just a vendor that sells them.
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #59
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
I can say that they look top notch on quality. I don't think that is even debatable. Whether or not they simply outperform the top brands is all I'm interested in. I personally hope that they are correct and that they do put out more hp and tq over a kooks or ARH or SW header. Then the whole header debate will now get turned up on its end. And the new big dog on the block will be PHADT headers! There will be no more comments that all headers are about the same, pick whatever fits ur budget! Instead it will be pick which ever gets you to your goal and also fits your budget. If you goal is just a good increase in the butt dyno and you will never track your car, then a cheaper brand might be the answer. On the flip side, if your goal is to get the most power out if your car, then hopefully, these will be the header of choice!

We just need some good data from several cars. Not just a vendor that sells them.
Oh no doubt about that this will put that necessary seal. We just need a few guys on here to hurry up and buy them and if they already preordered they need to get shipped asap plz we need data!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #60
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
If Pfadt would send me a set, i'd gladly make an appointment with Rhino to see how they compare to my Kooks.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #61
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
If Pfadt would send me a set, i'd gladly make an appointment with Rhino to see how they compare to my Kooks.
If i had a block ill do the same.lol ill be ordering these regardless for the price alone to go along with my new lsx427 build but ofcourse the numbers would be skewed.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #62
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I don't know guys. They're saying no tune is needed for the headers...AND they're making more power than headers that require a tune??!! And for $1500 (catted system) I don't think too many people are gonna have them anytime soon. Now don't get me wrong and don't get mad at me for saying these things. I'm not trying to start a war. I'm just trying to have a logical conversation. I know this company makes great products and are very reputable. But end of the day these are bold claims. So I've seen the design. And they are great looking headers. Just the look, quality, and finish alone might be worth the money for a lot of people. The extra power (if any) would be bonus I can see that. But what in the design is making more power than the standard design? What about 2 inch headers? 2" makes about 5 more hp than 1-7/8th. Would that be a better bargain considering the price for TSPs 2"?? What do you guys think? I'd like to hear more opinions and hopefully some facts, lol!! Who was the independent tester and which shop? How reputable are they?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #63
axis
Search Ninja

No independent testing has been done, YET. The way I understand them, they're not so much getting a lot more HP/Tq out of this design but it's where in the curve the tq is increased. They're suppose to be better under the curve which is where these heavy ass cars need it. Kinda like the long runner intakes are suppose to help with lowend tq. All of this remains to be seen, but this is the theory or at least how I understand it.

There will always be people that won't see spending $500+ more than TSP headers for a 5-10whp increase.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 07-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #64
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
What about 2 inch headers? 2" makes about 5 more hp than 1-7/8th. Would that be a better bargain considering the price for TSPs 2"?? What do you guys think? I'd like to hear more opinions and hopefully some facts, lol!! Who was the independent tester and which shop? How reputable are they?

Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #65
axis
Search Ninja

We can speculate all day long but nothing will be known until they get in the hands of the end users.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #66
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
What about 2 inch headers? 2" makes about 5 more hp than 1-7/8th. Would that be a better bargain considering the price for TSPs 2"?? What do you guys think? I'd like to hear more opinions and hopefully some facts, lol!! Who was the independent tester and which shop? How reputable are they?

DUDE! ! You didn't quote me correctly, haha!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #67
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
I went with a vararam no tune $200, ordering dual cut electric cut outs, $350 + $80 install, and I think I might buy just high flow cats and throw them on the stock exhaust, then custom fit lighter 2.75 inch pipes from the cats to the stock mufflers.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #68
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I would do a nice set of headers and maybe a CAI. We could make this set up happen for a nice price. The ported TB and manifold is not really worthwhile. If you have questions, call us at the number in the sig.

Thanks!
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #69
ABM Camaro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I would do a nice set of headers and maybe a CAI. We could make this set up happen for a nice price. The ported TB and manifold is not really worthwhile. If you have questions, call us at the number in the sig.

Thanks!
how much?
ABM Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #70
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
DUDE! ! You didn't quote me correctly, haha!!
it was your quote...
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote