Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #1
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Difference between ZL1/SS differential bushings?

I will be installing a ZL1 differential in the coming months, and want to know if the differential bushings for the ZL1 diff case are different than the bushings for the SS differential.

Thanks in advance,
CC
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros

Last edited by Cornflakes'Camaro; 04-13-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
Cornflakes'Camaro

Anyone?
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros
Old 04-14-2016, 11:19 PM   #3
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
bmr lists them as camaro so i dont think they are different.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:24 AM   #4
bovi
Pedal 2 The Metal

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS E-Force 6XXwhp
Better change for PFADT setup.
Kooks Headers
American Thunder Exhaust
Rotofab Intake
Lingenfelter Twin Pump 1000

bovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:29 PM   #5
Orange 2010 Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflakes'Camaro View Post
I will be installing a ZL1 differential in the coming months, and want to know if the differential bushings for the ZL1 diff case are different than the bushings for the SS differential.

Thanks in advance,
CC
Do yourself a BIG favor before you install the ZL1 differential & install the Hendricks - Engineering offset Delrin bushings BEFORE you install the ZL1 diff.

These bushings raise the differential approximately 3/4 of an inch in the sub-frame & helps correct the EXTREME drive shaft angles that you get from lowering your Camaro!

You will get a little gear whine in the car, but it is a small price to pay for the peace of mind knowing that you will have, a MUCH stronger axle set up!

After I installed them in my 2010 SS, they almost completely eliminated the axle hop I was having as well! It has been the smartest $150.00 I have spent thus far!

If you have any other questions regarding the offset bushing install, don't hesitate to pm me! I can give you some valuable tips on the installation process!

All The Best

Orange 2010 Camaro
Attached Images

Orange 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Thanks Orange. The ZL1 diff is harder to move up in the cradle, but we have poly versions in production (finally) that will have a little less offset to fit the ZL1 diff a little easier. The stock ZL1 bushings are so soft, that they sag 1/4" just under the weight of the diff. The bushings for the ZL1 and SS diff are the same.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:22 PM   #7
Crash76
Team 913

Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
I have the delrin off sets sitting in garage now... Zl1 car , would it be better to get the poly ?
Crash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:29 PM   #8
2012LS3VERT

The Delrin will always outperform poly in the diff bushing. The worst thing that can happen to the rear end is have excessive movement, which = wheel hop or broken diff. There is always a trade off. Delrin will have the most consistent performance, while poly is a compromise between street manners and performance. The diff WILL still move with poly.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:10 PM   #9
Cornflakes'Camaro

Are these all 3 offset bushings for the differential, just the front or just the rear?
Old 04-22-2016, 03:19 PM   #10
2012LS3VERT

All 3 are offset to raise the differential.
Old 04-22-2016, 07:32 PM   #11
Cornflakes'Camaro

Gotcha. Now I'm looking at threads on here that make it seem like an absolute pain to get the stock bushings out. Why can't you cut the flared tops off, heat up the surrounding area and lightly tap the stock bushings out????
Old 03-03-2020, 05:57 PM   #12
ffbodine

Drives: Pending
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
Thanks Orange. The ZL1 diff is harder to move up in the cradle, but we have poly versions in production (finally) that will have a little less offset to fit the ZL1 diff a little easier. The stock ZL1 bushings are so soft, that they sag 1/4" just under the weight of the diff. The bushings for the ZL1 and SS diff are the same.

What bushings are you talking about?
Trying to install my ZL1 diff. I have offset bushings and they move the differential up too high.

Thanks
ffbodine is offline   Reply With Quote