Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2016, 05:41 PM   #29
Killianzl1

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Omg! WANT!
Killianzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #30
Gtpheath

Drives: 2011 SS
Op what do you charge to dip a car?
Gtpheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:45 AM   #31
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtpheath View Post
Op what do you charge to dip a car?
Check PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Driver View Post
I think you need a spray booth to do it flawless though. Also, I've read that on certain colors the dip can stain the paint underneath if left on for a long time. Is that true?
I've never seen this happen myself. Sprayed white and black cars many colors in between and nothing to date
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #32
Neoclasiccl

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS L99
I am not a fan of dipping cars but that is one sick looking Camaro nice job!!
Neoclasiccl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #33
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
If only you were in Jersey!
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #34
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
OP does great work for anyone in the Tampa area. I've seen his work up close when we go to the track and it is spot on.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #35
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
Do I understand this correctly? You change paint on your Camaro like other people change underwear? Why?
Because he prefers it?

Personally I think Plasti-Dip doesn't offer the shine or reflectivity of a good paint job or wrap. The problem with wraps is that it costs almost as much as a custom paint job and doesn't last as long. The only plus to the wrap is that it protects the paint underneath as the higher-quality vinyl's also "heal" from rock chips, etc. Like expel ultimate does. I suppose if the plastidip is thick enough it may protect too, but will require touch ups as it WILL peel off. (and for it to be easy to remove, it needs thick layers, so I've heard). They have a gloss coat as well but it doesn't add much in the way of gloss.

Good for painted wheels, though I'd prefer a good powder coat.

I should add though that the OP did a great job. It could be my eyes but I see a few thick spots on the front bumper, but they are not uneven. I'm sure a lot of time went into it.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #36
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Does it melt in a hairspray can flamethrower?

Attachment 807398
Lol Nice photoshop I didn't notice it the first the time I was scrolling.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:08 PM   #37
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
Lol Nice photoshop I didn't notice it the first the time I was scrolling.
It's kind of subtle... When I first saw the color it reminded me of those little plastic army men we all used to play with in the 60's. In my case it was fun to line them up and fry the enemy with home-made flame throwers.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #38
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvenicess View Post
OP does great work for anyone in the Tampa area. I've seen his work up close when we go to the track and it is spot on.
Appreciate it MR Venicess!!
You got your car back yet? I should be at the track on the 23rd and will most likely have another color on the car by then. Hopefully have my nitrous back in so I can once again not break into the 12s lol
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #39
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criticalmass View Post
Because he prefers it?

Personally I think Plasti-Dip doesn't offer the shine or reflectivity of a good paint job or wrap. The problem with wraps is that it costs almost as much as a custom paint job and doesn't last as long. The only plus to the wrap is that it protects the paint underneath as the higher-quality vinyl's also "heal" from rock chips, etc. Like expel ultimate does..
Would beg to differ with you there. A lot has changed within the last 12 months with dip. Anymore now, with the right skill, you can spray dip smoother and have it turn out better than a paint job as well as be more durable and smoother than a vinyl. These two cars are actually dip. I did both for the same owner. The only thing they both could still use would be a wet sand and polish.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #40
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Would beg to differ with you there. A lot has changed within the last 12 months with dip. Anymore now, with the right skill, you can spray dip smoother and have it turn out better than a paint job as well as be more durable and smoother than a vinyl. These two cars are actually dip. I did both for the same owner. The only thing they both could still use would be a wet sand and polish.
How in the...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #41
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
If this is simple enough to do, i'd be interested in doing this for my wheels, been looking for a strong alternative to PC for a while now that gives a gloss finish
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:11 AM   #42
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
If this is simple enough to do, i'd be interested in doing this for my wheels, been looking for a strong alternative to PC for a while now that gives a gloss finish
AutoFlex and Halo True Gloss my friend....high gloss that is wet sand able and can be buffed and treated like normal paint is now out there. Not sure how much powder coating is to compare the value of each. I'd estimate the cost would be pretty close to the same. And this is at least removable when you are done