Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #1
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Single turbo kit goals

Hey I just wanted to get some opinions on my turbo kit install that I'll be doing soon. My cars a 2011 L99 car. I just got a 3500 stall in and tuned. I'm very happy with it. I'm going to install the Huron speed single turbo kit with a VS racing 7875 billet turbo. I'll be swapping the cam and going with the BTR stage 2 turbo cam. 85lb Fast injectors, ZL1 pump and a BAP or I might go with the DW400 pump by itself. ARP head bolts ,upgraded trunions and the TSP .660 lift spring kit. The car already has a offroad x pipe so theres no resonators and I deleted the mufflers too. My goals 600 to 700 rwhp on 91 pump gas with prob a meth kit if I turn the boost up over 8lbs. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:48 AM   #2
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Bigger injectors and I would go with the biggest fuel system you can afford, and look into e85 if its available in your area
Old 05-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Are you gonna have any traction with that converter?

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:57 AM   #4
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
He brings up a good point, do you have any suspension mods done
Old 05-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #5
IASS

Drives: 2014 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreair1 View Post
Bigger injectors and I would go with the biggest fuel system you can afford, and look into e85 if its available in your area
This all day long people constantly undervalue a good fuel system and for your goal if you look at the sloppy 1000hp build on here you already have a better "kit" than him so if that can hold 1k get get some better parts here and there and boom you hit your goal with room to grow. that way you could always get a boost controller and get extra boost on demand if you wanted/needed to win a race
IASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #6
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Drag radials and suspension mods will be next for any future track times. I spec'd the converter off the cam and what turbo I was going to run. I contacted about a billion companies and they all recommended about a 3300 to 3500 stall. To be honest it drives like stock until I get on it. I even got 23 mpg on a highway trip with it and AFM turned off. Win!
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:03 AM   #7
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
I am also waiting for my kit. What are some of the unseen hurdles that y’all have encountered while building a turbo setup? Crank case ventilation, boost control, instruments, etc.?
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #8
bayarea408

Drives: T
PCM of NC plug wires, mummy wrap them in heat wrap and then slide a heat sleeve over it or leave it mummy wrapped. You want to mess around and use stock plug wires or whatever brand, be my guest. This was an extremely simple yet annoying hurdle.

The PCM on the front passenger side of the car sits really low and the harness wires coming from it comes very close to the cross over hot pipes of the turbo kit. I unhooked the PCM away from its mounting base, i broke off 1 limiter tab and the PCM goes right back on but upside down. This little trick buys you like 5 inches of wiggle space for the cars Harness to NOT be in touch with any hot pipes. I will take a photo later for you guys.

Crank pressure i went with mighty mouse catch can i emailed them told them my ordeal and they spec it and show you how to run it. L99 is a bit different as there in no nipple on the valley cover under the manifold.

The way the new turbo header manifold is designed, the ground wire from the heads to to car may need a slight trimming to get it to seat fully and contact on the head with this new manifold. I loosely had it cinched on and it came lose after a drive and the car would not start. This was a complete waste of a weekend hunting that down.

Oh and wrap up anything AC related under the turbo gear on the driver side. The cleaner and more work you do the less you worry and have to come back again and do it. I specifically used DEI heat wrap like the stuff for headers but all over the AC equipment. I live in the desert and its been 3 years no problems.

and i had this all setup stock suspension...solid cradle mounts / Z28 upper inside control arm bushing/ trailing arm / stiffer sway
these things with a radial have been good for my 500 wheel

Booooooooooooooooost time Fellaz
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:14 PM   #9
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
you will have major wheel hop, and if you are on drag radials, don't expect the diff to last too long.
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:12 AM   #10
bob2010ss

Drives: Turbocharged 2010 GLOSSY NARDO GREY
beef up the axles!
beef up injectors!
beef up pump!

but most importantly...find a great tuner!

SPI Built and Tuned

Eibach Suspension and beeeeeefed up axles!!!

and a whole lotta whooooooosh

oh and those are MT Drag Radials on the back
bob2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote