Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #71
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
American Racing Headers long tube with cats and Borla Touring cat-back (part# 140281 is what the label says on the box in my garage). It could be either the Borla factory accidently put the wrong set in the box, or labeled the box wrong. Either way, I will get used to it, as long as nobody complains.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #72
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

525RWHP / 490RWTQ - Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger (6 lbs boost, 3.8" pulley, 11.8 a/f ratio)

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing

Last edited by bi11ymc; 10-10-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #73
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Pfadt Race Engineering

Pfadt Coil-Overs, Sway Bars, End Links and Trailing Arms

Last edited by bi11ymc; 10-10-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #74
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

I am still enjoying my Vengeance Racing built supercharged/cammed/Pfadt 2010 Camaro. I do have a small tuning issue that will need to be resolved. When decelerating to a stop and then quick go, the car sometimes just pops a couple of times instead of going. If I come to a complete stop, sit a few seconds, then go, it seems to be fine. So, it only happens with a deceleration with foot off the gas, then quickly press the gas to go again.

I have two choices, (1) schedule an appointment with Vengeance and drive from the Nashville, TN area to the Atlanta, GA area or (2) buy a tuner from Ted Jannetty and get a Jannetty tune that everyone swears by

Last edited by bi11ymc; 10-19-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #75
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Ordered an SCT Tuner with Supercharger Tune from Ted Jannetty

Old 10-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #76
Markel

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
Ordered an SCT Tuner with Supercharger Tune from Ted Jannetty
I'd like to hear how that works out. Maybe you could post the procedure and the results?
Markel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #77
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Well, I received the SCT X3 from Jannetty Racing, followed the instructions and sent the file to Ted. Ted then wanted to know if this was the stock tuning file or a tuned file. So, I informed him it is the tune from Vengeance. Ted said he would rather have the stock tune file, which I don't have. My two options are to go all the way back to Vengeance Racing and have them reset back to stock or have my dealer set it back to stock, both of which would render the car unable to be driven, I would think.

Ted is going to try to see if SCT can give him a stock tune file to work with.

The whole process makes no sense to me, but I don't tune cars for a living.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #78
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

I am now running on a Ted Jannetty tune. I will report back in a couple of days how the tune is doing.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #79
Markel

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS/RS
Markel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #80
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Well, I received the SCT X3 from Jannetty Racing, followed the instructions and sent the file to Ted. Ted then wanted to know if this was the stock tuning file or a tuned file. So, I informed him it is the tune from Vengeance. Ted said he would rather have the stock tune file, which I don't have. My two options are to go all the way back to Vengeance Racing and have them reset back to stock or have my dealer set it back to stock, both of which would render the car unable to be driven, I would think.

Ted is going to try to see if SCT can give him a stock tune file to work with.

The whole process makes no sense to me, but I don't tune cars for a living.

I would think Vengeance should still have your stock tune file and be able to email it to you.

I know my shop kept my file and gave it to me.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #81
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I would think Vengeance should still have your stock tune file and be able to email it to you.

I know my shop kept my file and gave it to me.
They use EFI Live software, so I am not sure it would be compatible with SCT X3. I probably could have asked, though.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #82
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
They use EFI Live software, so I am not sure it would be compatible with SCT X3. I probably could have asked, though.
Ted was nice enough to help me out at one time and he was able to read my stock tune file in HP tuners. I think he said he could read almost any format. (I'm not 100% sure of that though.) I just mentioned this because I think it is standard procedure for a shop to keep your stock tune file in case they ever have to reinstall it.

Hope all goes well for you!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #83
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Ted was nice enough to help me out at one time and he was able to read my stock tune file in HP tuners. I think he said he could read almost any format. (I'm not 100% sure of that though.) I just mentioned this because I think it is standard procedure for a shop to keep your stock tune file in case they ever have to reinstall it.

Hope all goes well for you!
I am sure Vengeance Racing has the tune on file, but I assumed I would have to have someone with EFI Live put the tune back into my car. Then the SCT X3 could pull it out of the car into a file in the SCT X3 format for Jannetty Racing.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #84
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

I haven't had a chance to do a lot of driving with the new tune. I caught a cold and stayed home Friday - Sunday (Halloween) to get better. The tune seems fine, so far. I did get sideways when pushing the gas to the floor from about 20 mph this morning (with traction control off). This was after driving a few miles, so the tires weren't too cold. It just shows how much torque this monster has