Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #71
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
The wheels listed in this package for $4950 come with the 1LE package?

IDK if you have looked but the tires that come on the 1LE are close 400 each and the wheels are about 800 each so yeah, that's why its so expensive.

Yes, it is always more expensive to buy after the fack then direct from the Factory. My plan is to get a 1LE, and add the CAI and maybe the headers (depending on warranty/price changes).

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #72
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Just putting word out,if anyone is in the market for a Ashen Grey ZL1,let me know,i know a dealer that has it available as of today,(8/10/12) it is A/T with Carbon Fiber hood,selling at sticker:$59,635...oh almost forgot, it is a 2013
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #73
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
RPO on the Auto X

Well I was a very lucky guy to have the opportunity to drive this car on the AutoX. Thanks Joe for allowing me the privilege... I would have missed AutoX completely had it not been for this ride.

And boy what a ride. Just driving over to the course at noon on Sat was enough to tell that this was no ordinary SS. The complete ARH exhaust system had the perfect exhaust note. I've always been a fan of ARH headers, but had not experienced the axle back part yet. Super nice and will be my first choice next time around. I don't believe that short throw Hurst shifter was stock either... Another nice touch...

There are a lot of things I don't buy into until I experience it, and I never thought I would notice that much difference just driving a car slowly over to the track, but the Pedders suspension jumped out and grabbed me immediately. I really had forgotten about all the extras on this car and was in such a hurry to get ready for the track I wasn't paying much attention. It literally jumped out and screamed "wake up you have a killer suspension setup here". I moved the steering wheel back and forth to get a better feel and then got real excited about how this thing was going to do on the track.

...and it did not disappoint. This car is totally transformed from a regular SS. Each lap I took just got faster and I never felt out of control or even lost traction. Never hit any cones either. Quite sure my times would go much lower with practice (38's). This was my fist time ever on an AutoX course. I've been driving 5th Gens from the beginning and never have I experienced handling like this with no fear to push it even harder. The car was dyno tuned afterwards and I was going to drive it again, but rain canceled that. Bottom line is the car handled like nothing else I've driven fast. Hopefully soon I'll get to try the ZL1 and compare. WoW what a run ride...

I believe Pete Justice was the 1st person I indicated my thoughts of trading up to a ZL1. We were discussing the Super Car Coilovers on the phone and my decision was either go with a Justice Package or trade for the ZL1. All I can say is I'm sure glad I hadn't driven this car before making my choice. I probably wouldn't have a ZL1 if I had...

The RPO is by far the best dealer package out there. Great Job Rodgers... and thanks again for letting me drive it...
Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #74
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
that looks like the same car that we signed the hood at camaro5 fest.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #75
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
that looks like the same car that we signed the hood at camaro5 fest.
Yes it is THAT car...

It's a lot more than a cool hood...
Old 08-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #76
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Well I was a very lucky guy to have the opportunity to drive this car on the AutoX. Thanks Joe for allowing me the privilege... I would have missed AutoX completely had it not been for this ride.

And boy what a ride. Just driving over to the course at noon on Sat was enough to tell that this was no ordinary SS. The complete ARH exhaust system had the perfect exhaust note. I've always been a fan of ARH headers, but had not experienced the axle back part yet. Super nice and will be my first choice next time around. I don't believe that short throw Hurst shifter was stock either... Another nice touch...

There are a lot of things I don't buy into until I experience it, and I never thought I would notice that much difference just driving a car slowly over to the track, but the Pedders suspension jumped out and grabbed me immediately. I really had forgotten about all the extras on this car and was in such a hurry to get ready for the track I wasn't paying much attention. It literally jumped out and screamed "wake up you have a killer suspension setup here". I moved the steering wheel back and forth to get a better feel and then got real excited about how this thing was going to do on the track.

...and it did not disappoint. This car is totally transformed from a regular SS. Each lap I took just got faster and I never felt out of control or even lost traction. Never hit any cones either. Quite sure my times would go much lower with practice (38's). This was my fist time ever on an AutoX course. I've been driving 5th Gens from the beginning and never have I experienced handling like this with no fear to push it even harder. The car was dyno tuned afterwards and I was going to drive it again, but rain canceled that. Bottom line is the car handled like nothing else I've driven fast. Hopefully soon I'll get to try the ZL1 and compare. WoW what a run ride...

I believe Pete Justice was the 1st person I indicated my thoughts of trading up to a ZL1. We were discussing the Super Car Coilovers on the phone and my decision was either go with a Justice Package or trade for the ZL1. All I can say is I'm sure glad I hadn't driven this car before making my choice. I probably wouldn't have a ZL1 if I had...

The RPO is by far the best dealer package out there. Great Job Rodgers... and thanks again for letting me drive it...
You lucky rascal. I can't even imagine how sweet the ride is but I am sure it was or rather is a fantastic setup. Maybe in 30 years the RPO Camaro will be all the rage. I am thrilled that a Dealer is following in the foot steps of the Yenko's etc. of the past for the next generation of drivers. That is really impressive and special to me not to mention smart marketing to me.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #77
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Sweet

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #78
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Nice writeup, sounds like a great car! Thanks for the link
Old 08-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #79
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Awesome!! Cold Air Inductions Inc. is proud to be a part of this great package!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #80
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Well said sir. I have two details that need to be sorted on a ZL1 and also need to get down to H-Town for other business. I'll give you a call SOON
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #81
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 08-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #82
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
All I got to do was help put go pro cameras on it....
Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #83
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Pics are not showing up on this network. Gotta check it out on my phone...grr.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #84
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Looks like an AMAZING car, and I hear nothing but good stuff about Becky and Rodgers Chevrolet.

That is an expensive car with installation of the mods. If I had more money than I knew what to do with...I'd spring for it.