Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #1
my bandit

Drives: 2014 SS
Victor Jr and LS3 Injectors

I recently got my Victor Jr intake with fuel rails. Since I want to retain the stock LS3 injector height, I purchased the additional brackets to fit Pico style 1.5" injectors however, I'm still having issues as the rails are still around 1/4" too tall. Those running a Vic Jr or Super, how did you get them to work? Did you have to still drill new holes or did I somehow get a bad set?
my bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #2
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Make your own brackets.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:52 AM   #3
my bandit

So the brackets apparently made for these injectors are useless. Makes perfect sense
Old 02-18-2018, 05:49 AM   #4
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Yeah occationally you run into that on aftermarket parts. If its easier to redrill and tap the intake bosses do that but if not just make some brackets.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:08 AM   #5
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
The bracket and fuel rail kit for the Edelbrock manifolds is the same for ls1-ls3. They are designed for use with taller ls1 style injectors. My cid was the same way.

Also you are going to need different o rings for the bottom side of the injectors most likely.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #6
my bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
The bracket and fuel rail kit for the Edelbrock manifolds is the same for ls1-ls3. They are designed for use with taller ls1 style injectors. My cid was the same way.

Also you are going to need different o rings for the bottom side of the injectors most likely.
The ones that come with the intake itself, yes. But they also sell ones that "supposedly" work with the LS3 injectors below. Had I known I would have still needed to make brackets, I wouldn't have gotten rid of my better set of rails for the Edelbrock ones

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-3619
Old 02-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
The real question is why running the super VIC or other if your not built to the balls mega build...LOL $$$$$$$$ In average builds the performance is hurt with long runner stuff your not carbureted are you ??? but instead going with a long runner and trying for high rev area and injectors..... Not that others have not done it, even seen coupled to blower lol ....but its kind of my taste with every thing working towards the common goal of supporting the other parts for max performance in the range desired with durability being a daily and performance both....

Building things is more of what you want and you goal? let alone what mods you already have.... Frankly I have been liking the looks of the LOD speedworks intake.....

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ails&FORM=IGRE
Old 02-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #8
my bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
The real question is why running the super VIC or other if your not built to the balls mega build...LOL $$$$$$$$ In average builds the performance is hurt with long runner stuff your not carbureted are you ??? but instead going with a long runner and trying for high rev area and injectors..... Not that others have not done it, even seen coupled to blower lol ....but its kind of my taste with every thing working towards the common goal of supporting the other parts for max performance in the range desired with durability being a daily and performance both....

Building things is more of what you want and you goal? let alone what mods you already have.... Frankly I have been liking the looks of the LOD speedworks intake.....

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ails&FORM=IGRE
Probably because this isn't going in a Camaro SS. I just have a built LS3 from one and need a carb style intake setup to keep the general look of the engine bay. The Vic Jr and Accufab 4150 allowed me to retain the carb look while still running fuel injection. Trust me, I know enough when it comes to planning out the proper build. I was just making sure I didn't get the wrong part before I started making my own.