Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #85
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Ahh, the bonding time. I completely agree. I have in-laws with an SS that they have never washed after two years. They pay a dude to wash it and wax it regularly, so there's no need to contact authorities about Camaro abuse. But, I've never understood why they don't want to (they're not even wealthy... just regular ol' blue collar types!).

Not me... I gotta spend lots of quality time with the car, more than just driving it. I guess the washing, waxing, and detailing is the cuddling part of the relationship.
Some ppl just prefer to let ppl that are better at things do them, instead of themselves.

Its not worth my free time to wash, wax clay bar, polish, and all that jazz. Id rather pay someone $100 bucks to do it better than i can. If it were to take me more than 2 hours, its cheaper to pay someone anyway....
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #86
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
It seems to me people are expecting a luxury car-like interior on this. The plastic in the Camaro seems comparable to any other car I've seen in the under 40k market.
As someone who has sat in lots of different cars over the last 2 years, I can honestly say that it obvious you haven't.

Most new cars I have sat in that are not over 5 years old in design are much nicer amenities than the Camaro and this list includes a middle end Cruz. 25K cars on the market will 95 percent of the time have a nicer interior quality than the Camaro.

Im glad so many of you are satisfied with how it is. Try not to suggest that a go fast car needs to be limited. Otherwise you should opt for non power windows an so on.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #87
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
As someone that was used to the interior of the 3rd and 4th gen f-bodies, I found that the 5th gen interior was extremely nice. I loved my 2010 IOM interior.

Same here, I've DDed my TA for the last 6 years. The Camaro interior great compared to how worn down the TA's has become. The only thing I hate on the Camaro is the auto dimming mirror, I find that it doesn't dim until a car is right up behind me. I wish it would just stay dim when it's dark out, or just let me control it like older cars.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote