Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
1968SS/RS

Drives: 1968 SS/RS 396 and 2013 ZL-1
OCD ZL-1 owner

Just want to make sure Im not the only one that has issues when it comes to this car! I had her out yesterday it was cloudy and according to the weather clowns had a few hours before the showers............... So Im on the highway about 4 miles from home and the drops start hitting the windshield! Now keep in mind Im the person who had a hard time putting a hose to the car for the first time LOL. As the drops started to fall so did my right foot, I was hitting the garage door opener button about a mile away from the house. I got her home before the pavement got wet and had minimal water drops to towel off! I know little much but i figure some of you would get a laugh out of my little story........ Im ready to be made fun of
Any way I hope all of you are enjoying your Z's and I hope anyone still waiting is getting close!
1968SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
rexdogg

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
understood.....was the same way with my '69 Z.....now, with the '13 ZL1, I'm looking out the window for clouds before I pull out of the garage......after checking the weather, of course.......hah!
rexdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
1968SS/RS

Im the same way with my 68 SS/RS owned it for 30yrs now and have only been caught in the rain once since it was restored way back when............
Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
My siggy shows where my cars sit 24/7 ... Guess what they haven't melted yet ... Ya'll need to seek some help, if you can't cope with a little water and dirt in your life. IMO the car is not worth having if your going to just stress over it all the time. IT'S JUST A CAR !!!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
Kmax

Drives: 2012 ZL1 125HP kit , EIBACH springs
I pull the Z out of the garage over the weekend, washed and waxed it. took a few pics and put her back.
Kmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Yup, these things sat for months out in the Canadian snow before deleivered. As my DD, I cant let a little rain bother me, even though I am in the garage every night with my California Duster. My '69 is the garage queen, lord knows I do not need two.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
My siggy shows where my cars sit 24/7 ... Guess what they haven't melted yet ... Ya'll need to seek some help, if you can't cope with a little water and dirt in your life. IMO the car is not worth having if your going to just stress over it all the time. IT'S JUST A CAR !!!
+1 Even though my car is in a garage I definitely don't shy away from rain. I don't plan to drive in it but if I get caught in the rain it's all good.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #8
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Its not just ZL1's...LMAO! I use ALL 750 HP if i see just ONE rain drop! I PITTY the FOOL that gets in between me and my garage...LOL!!! I was destined to be like this from the day i was born. I come from a car fanatic Family. My Grandfather drove the same car his whole life. To me it shows who treats their car as JUST a car vs those of use that take great pride in our rides and treat them like the Precious Trusty STEEDs that they are!

Last edited by Blk-Ice; 10-09-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Blk-Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
IMO the car is not worth having if your going to just stress over it all the time. IT'S JUST A CAR !!!
my car is more than just a car to me. it's an extension of myself and it describes me to a tee. my wife tells me that me and my car are one. she says my Bee looks like it always has an attitude. just like it's owner. lol

but seriously, the car is more than just a car. I take very good care of him. this along with other reasons is why I cannot go anywhere w/o people staring or walking up to me asking questions about the car. this is to say nothing about the customers that come in my store asking about the Bumblebee parked out front.

now, I guess this would be different if I just drove a regular car. then I guess I would consider it just a car. but then again, would driving "just a (regular) car" get me that much attention? umm, I say no.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
honeslty I don't mind driving in the rain but I don't like my car to sit outside 24/7. then again cars just stay in better condition when stored indoors.

I live in oregon though it rains 364 days a year and summer is on a Wednesday. You have to drive in the rain ever once in a wile. If I lived somewhere else I proabalby would not drive my Zl1 in the rain. That is what i have my POS dart for.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I'm the same exact way with all 3 of my Camaros, mine only come out when the sky is blue and full of sunshine
Old 10-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
BeachBum

Drives: 2012 (ZL-1) #468
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968SS/RS View Post
Just want to make sure Im not the only one that has issues when it comes to this car! I had her out yesterday it was cloudy and according to the weather clowns had a few hours before the showers............... So Im on the highway about 4 miles from home and the drops start hitting the windshield! Now keep in mind Im the person who had a hard time putting a hose to the car for the first time LOL. As the drops started to fall so did my right foot, I was hitting the garage door opener button about a mile away from the house. I got her home before the pavement got wet and had minimal water drops to towel off! I know little much but i figure some of you would get a laugh out of my little story........ Im ready to be made fun of
Any way I hope all of you are enjoying your Z's and I hope anyone still waiting is getting close!
You're Not Alone In This - Picked Up "Baby" From The Dealer On April 21 - I'm Not Even Going To Make Break-In (1500 Miles) This Year Before She Goes On Blocks - She's Stored In A Heated Garage And Will Be Tinkered With Thru The Winter - Expecting Snow Here Before I Go To The Sema Show End Of This Month - Hopefully, It Will Be A Short Winter Here
Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #13
1968SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
Yup, these things sat for months out in the Canadian snow before deleivered. As my DD, I cant let a little rain bother me, even though I am in the garage every night with my California Duster. My '69 is the garage queen, lord knows I do not need two.
Not sure about your Z but mine was built on June 14th ( there abouts) and was at my dealer on July 17th............ might have seen a bit of rain while sitting but snow?????? I dont think so........ Got to love the California Duster

The thing that bothers me the most, and this is just me..... I hate the bottom of the car and engine compartment getting messed up from wet roadway. For me also its not just a car, God Bless all that can drop the 60k and think of it as just another car. Everyone is diffrent I just like my toys to be spotless top and bottom.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #14
flyjbaker

Drives: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
my car is more than just a car to me. it's an extension of myself and it describes me to a tee. my wife tells me that me and my car are one. she says my Bee looks like it always has an attitude. just like it's owner. lol

but seriously, the car is more than just a car. I take very good care of him. this along with other reasons is why I cannot go anywhere w/o people staring or walking up to me asking questions about the car. this is to say nothing about the customers that come in my store asking about the Bumblebee parked out front.

now, I guess this would be different if I just drove a regular car. then I guess I would consider it just a car. but then again, would driving "just a (regular) car" get me that much attention? umm, I say no.
If that is you in the picture with the car, I am kinda thinking folks might be curious about more than just the car....
flyjbaker is offline   Reply With Quote