Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #1
adamx

Drives: 2010 camaro
Ordered pirelli scorpions from tirerack, Chevy dealer damaged one of my rims.

Ok tire rack had a good deal on some Scorpions. Well 1 scorpion. Then it had a second listing for what appeared to be the same identical tire. I ordered one of each for the best expenditure.

However, I took the car to the dealer, who said it was very difficult mounting one of them. They actually damaged the rim all the way around the edge.

I'd like to know if there's some subtle difference between these tires. I've uploaded pictures of various numbers and identifiers to my google drive which I will link below.

I'd also like advice on the best resolution to this mess. If the tirerack guy is around, please chime in. I could be in for more trouble when I want to put regular tires back on.

Here is the link to the drive with pics: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...G8&usp=sharing

Thanks in advance.
adamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
Rudy@Tirerack

Drives: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
Thank you for your business. Sorry to hear about the issues you had with the install. We install these and/or mount them on wheel and tire packages all the time. There a low profile so the sidewall is stiff but shouldn't lead to damage of the wheel. I would suggest finding an installer that has more experience with this or a performance shop that specializes in such installs.
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
In Texas, we will force them to repair or replace the rim completely. Falls under fraud and damage of personal property, your state may treat it differently.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:30 PM   #4
adamx

Drives: 2010 camaro
So the tires should be identical right? Is it possible one is just somehow defective?

I dont have really another place to take the car to here.

They are replacing the rim, but I hope it doesnt just get damaged again.
adamx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, scorpion, tirerack.com, tires, wheels