Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2016, 10:32 AM   #29
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
I never 'call' OnStar for NAV, I type the destination into the app on my phone, press send & when I go out to my vehicle, NAV is ready to go. Works as well, if not better then any phone app, especially on cross country trips where phones often lose connectivity

Great tip! I use my phone as well, plug it into the port, instead of BT, and it show on the car screen as well as on the heads up. But I never thought about sending the info first in case I loose service. Excellent tip, I'll give it a try.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #30
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
iv gotten them down but not that low. what is the service that is free now for 3 years? in other words what do i say i want if i want the free service cause you know their only gonna tell me about the ones that cost money
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:08 PM   #31
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatwhite View Post
iv gotten them down but not that low. what is the service that is free now for 3 years? in other words what do i say i want if i want the free service cause you know their only gonna tell me about the ones that cost money
http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/...-to-customers/

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:09 PM   #32
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatwhite View Post
Just push the button and tell her you want to get the 90 day free full trial. Decline to give them your credit card number. Then when you tell them to cancel, they will leave you with the 3 year basic.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #33
BlkCamaroVert

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99 Vert IO Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
I never 'call' OnStar for NAV, I type the destination into the app on my phone, press send & when I go out to my vehicle, NAV is ready to go. Works as well, if not better then any phone app, especially on cross country trips where phones often lose connectivity
That feature did seem to work well. I would call them if I was lost. It's really stressful to have to hold when you're lost. Google came to the rescue.

Another thing that's a ripoff is the phone minutes. I bought minutes when I first signed up. They didn't tell me they expire in six months. So those too weren't there when I needed them. Luckily it's rare I have no cell connection but the one time I did the satellite phone's minutes were expired. My bad too for not asking.
BlkCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:02 PM   #34
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Thanks, i called them today an downgraded to the free "basic" plan. which on their website i think said is for 5 years....
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:50 PM   #35
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamaroVert View Post
I love the remote start. On hot day, which is every day in South Florida it's nice to start the car ahead of time o the car is cool when you enter it. Would be good for cold climates too, but I would a car warm up on idle in less than ten minutes?
Usually. You can use the remote start twice, for a total of 20 minutes, if necessary before you need to insert the key in the ignition to reset it.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #36
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I found with the free basic I only get the FOB features and a monthly email report on the advanced diagnostics. I called then and asked if I should be getting the diagnostics from my app at any time and they said no that is an upgrade. Have others found this too?
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:00 AM   #37
BlkCamaroVert

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99 Vert IO Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Usually. You can use the remote start twice, for a total of 20 minutes, if necessary before you need to insert the key in the ignition to reset it.
Does the car have to shut off after the first 10 minutes or can you send the signal twice in a row?
BlkCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #38
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
I found with the free basic I only get the FOB features and a monthly email report on the advanced diagnostics. I called then and asked if I should be getting the diagnostics from my app at any time and they said no that is an upgrade. Have others found this too?
I have the free basic now, too. When the free Onstar period passed on my 2015, the account automatically set up as free Basic.

The newest MyChevrolet smartphone app has all the Onstar services listed you "pay" for and more. But, with basic, the diagnostics stuff can only be found online on your Onstar account after you log in. See the My Vehicle tab for the Advanced Diagnostics.

Tags
onstar