Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
MRX-V70 alpine amp died

had this alpine 710W MRX-V70 die on me today, wasn't even cranking it at full volume, had it on some country station so my mom would better enjoy the ride(I drive like a maniac) and all of a sudden the front speakers go off, ran it over to the shop to have the techs give it a look and they think it is the amp. will take it in 2:30 tomorrow so they can test it. once they determine it is faulty guessing I will be getting a new one. glad I got a two year extended warrenty(had one year with the product), glad I don't have to shell out another 400

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Warsteiner

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2LT RS Vert
I have that same amp. Were there any warning signs before it went out?
Warsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
I have that same amp. Were there any warning signs before it went out?

none, was just driving down the road and in a second the speakers stopped pumping out sound. tech that replaced it today said he has never seen one go bad in that modal. said it was pretty rare. luckily I had an extended warrentee. got my monies worth at least!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
none, was just driving down the road and in a second the speakers stopped pumping out sound. tech that replaced it today said he has never seen one go bad in that modal. said it was pretty rare. luckily I had an extended warrentee. got my monies worth at least!
Sorry to hear that. Electronics will break so that's why it's always good to take it to shops hat give u good warranty or buy authorized for the manufacturing warranty.