Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 01-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Traded my C6 corvette for 2010 SS/RS

I just traded in my 05 corvette for an orange 2010 SS/RS 2SS. The car is inferno Orange with silver stripes. It has two toned leather seats to match the exterior. Also the door panels have orange inserts that light up when the lights are on. I'm not sure if they are factory or not. The dash has a matching plastic piece that runs across the dash but that doesn't light up.

I went with the manual transmission because I still think it's more fun to drive so it has the LS3. Stock intake with a K&N filter. It has Flowmaster exhaust not sure if it's just the mufflers or a cat back. I'm planning on getting under it today to find out. It has factory manifolds. As far as I can tell the car is otherwise completely stock.

The first mods I was planning were basic bolt ons, vararam intake and long tube headers with a tune. Then I'm another one of those guys that is planning on chasing the elusive naturally aspirated non nos 500 rwhp mark. But that's for another thread down the road.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to buy some blank switch blade keys and get them cut locally. I was given 1 FOB that had the switch blade key removed for the recall and two regular looking laser cut keys. The biggest problem is the FOB is falling apart and the unlock button is falling out. So they crudely taped across the fob to hold the buttons in.
Does anyone know if I will be able to program the new fobs after having them cut by turning the car on with a current key they starting it with the new switch blade? I've seen videos of people doing it online but they are using an original switch blade key first then inserting the new switch blade key. I only have two keys that look like door keys and don't have any fob buttons on them.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-15-2015, 06:57 PM   #3
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Congrats! And yes , your panels are stock and is part of the 2SS package! I would love to have your car too! That exterior and interior color being the same is killer! But yea , you can do the reprogram key fob thing ! Some have done it already on here! I will do it some day lol... But congrats and welcome to the best place on earth ! Enjoy the beast! It should be a reprogram step by step thing on this forum just search!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
WELCOME!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #5
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Welcome to Camaro5!
31B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:13 AM   #6
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Thanks for the warm welcomes guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Congrats! And yes , your panels are stock and is part of the 2SS package! I would love to have your car too! That exterior and interior color being the same is killer! But yea , you can do the reprogram key fob thing ! Some have done it already on here! I will do it some day lol... But congrats and welcome to the best place on earth ! Enjoy the beast! It should be a reprogram step by step thing on this forum just search!
Ok cool looks like I'll head over to ebay for a fresh key set. Do you know if the plastic piece across the dash is supposed to light up also?
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:15 AM   #7
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar10 View Post

Ok cool looks like I'll head over to ebay for a fresh key set. Do you know if the plastic piece across the dash is supposed to light up also?
No it doesn't but you can buy a kit that will make it light up like the doors.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #8
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar10 View Post

No it doesn't but we wish! Lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
No it doesn't but you can buy a kit that will make it light up like the doors.
This!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #9
Sniperdave

Drives: 2014 magenta Anniversary RS
I had a 07 c6. Traded for a new Camaro myself.
Sniperdave is offline   Reply With Quote