Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #281
Brandywine5

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
obviously its me :( thanks guys!
damn. now I can't load pics either? Sorry for going off topic again but this blows
Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #282
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Wait, the OP is a cop? WTF how did I miss that! HORY SHEET DUDE CHECK YO' SELF ALREADY!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #283
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
But who else would want a black one with green stripes?
Sold the first day on the used lot.......so someone did.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #284
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
It just hit me, Texas, LEO.

Say, are you related to Harvey Updyke? Kind of sounds like it.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #285
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
I'm feel like I'm leading my two kids to the bathroom on this thread. Nobody read the entire post. Nobody read the bold 24 inch font saying I am a cop. If most didn't see that bold font, why am I even trying? People are still stuck on the wave thing. I have a motorcycle. Actually two of them. I guess I'm used to having good people and personalities around. People who ride together and share stories, beer, and good times. Didn't have that with the Camaro. I do now. I love how people slam the corvette. If it wasn't for the vette, the new Camaro would not be here. So, calling the vette a POS is calling your own ride a POS. There's parts from the vette in the new Camaro. There are NO parts developed from Camaro research in a Corvette. I wonder why.

If you still think I left the Camaro for "a wave" then you didn't read. That's it. Simple. It was one example of run ins with Camaro owners. I can share a ton more, but there's not enough room here to. All I have read over the past three pages is personal stuff. I didn't start all of that. Majority is saying Camaro owners are great and all, yet, this thread is full of personal attack at someone for their profession. REALLY? I appreciate those who did come in and share their honesty and support for what I did. Anyone who knows half a thing about cars knows the Corvette will always be a better platform sports car. You guys said it yourself in the thread I provided. That's all I'm saying here. The comradery among Corvette owners is stunning. Walking into a Corvette shop and getting free hats, shirts, coffee, and drinks is a great experience. ALL for being an owner.

After speaking with tons of Corvette owners, none have pointed out bad things about each other's cars. When I went to shows in my Camaro, that happened every five seconds. "Oh, those rims are plasti dipped. Looks like crap. Powder coat it." "Those green stripes looked like a baby yakked on your hood." That was coming from "fellow" owners. Every person that I have let drive this thing has loved it. No bad reviews. Back seats? I couldn't get my four year old out of the car at the grocery store since the Camaro doors are too big to allow easy access when parked by other cars. My head hit the top of my Camaro every time I hit a bump. Being 6'06", I hated that too. Now, I've got three and a half inches of head clearance....with the top up. There are tons of reasons why the Corvette is better, but I will not start that fire. I figured a better approach would be to say what is wrong with the Camaro...which can be proven. Proven by threads, personal observation, and even GM TSBs. Even with all of this, we still have people crossing their arms, saying "Nope. That doesn't happen. Nope."

I can't force this stuff into you, nor will I try. You can choose to believe it, or choose not to. If you own a Camaro, this whole thing wasn't for you. This is for those torn between the Camaro and Corvette which happens daily. Corvette will always be the best car GM offers. They know it. I know it. You know it. If you want back seats, the Camaro doesn't do well in that area either. Kids are a nightmare to get in and out. If the door TOUCHES any surface...even wood...the paint flakes off. I can only speak for black, since again, it is single coated. Before more SS guys cross their arms and go "Nope, nope, nope," again, believe it or not, don't care.

The camaro I had weighed almost 800 pounds more than this vette. I averaged 17mpg in it, versus averaging 20 in the vette. LS2 vettes claim 400 hp, but also run on regular 87 when tested since premium is recommended not required. Some good 93 and a simple tune, and you are well past LS3 camaro numbers. Today, in one hour, I saw 7 new body Camaros, 11 Mustangs (of all years) and 3 vettes. Two were C5s, and one was a C3. No C6s all day long either. Whatever you choose to do, go with it. You go with a Camaro because you like it. Going with it because it is better? I don't know how someone can say that when these used vettes with great mileage sell for the same as used SS Camaros with more miles. The car is better, smoother, cheaper to own (most will say how it is crazy, but remember, those parts are in the Camaro too), and all around the best. It is not out there getting its *** handed to it by the GT500 like the ZL1 is. Every review I see sickens me. GT500 posts better lap times, better 1/4, but they pick the ZL1 for "personal" reasons. WTF?

In closing, there is nothing more I can say here. The C6 Corvette is a better, lighter, faster, easier to maintain, ding free, better on gas, better built, rarer, better standard optioned icon for Chevrolet. Period. All of that is proven. Not by me, but by multiple people. Don't think this was personally attacking anyone, or a biased view. It's facts. Believe them or not, it's facts.

Last edited by SSinisterLS3; 07-10-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #286
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Calm down Officer Farva

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #287
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
🙈🙉🙊
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #288
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
He will post and rile you up as long as you guys respond....don't post and this will drop to the 2nd page and it'll be over...

unless you like these type of posts.......LOL

Damn, I just bumped it by posting this....D'oh!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #289
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
I really have nothing to add, but I'll help this get to 300 posts.
Like others have said, I'm glad you got rid of something you didn't like and now have something you like. Simple enough.
And we all know you won't leave the forum (not that you said you would) … there are plenty of lurkers on here, ex camaro owners, myself included.
Stick around for comic relief if nothing else.
And for what it's worth, with all the Camaros running around Houston, I never did see yours on the street.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #290
2012-1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
Looks like something is wrong with it. Cannot post pics either.
I mean those chicks are way hot, but the paint, ewww, quit scratching it
Old 07-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #291
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
The problem here is personality types. You my friend are an "A" type personality. You base everything in life on a hot lap to decide what is better. The majority of the people on this site are a "B" type personality, and base things in life on balance. With these differences, the majority of people here will never understand where you are coming from or really even care.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #292
Ohio Snake

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2012 Shelby GT500
Personally, I think the Cadillac CTS-V is the best car made by GM, hands down.

The Vette may be the best sports car GM produces, but that is subjective. The number one complaint I see on C5 Vettes is the crappy interior and seats.

BTW, people are attacking you because of how you came across on your points in this thread. You basically trashed everyone's pride and joy.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #293
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Snake View Post
Personally, I think the Cadillac CTS-V is the best car made by GM, hands down.

The Vette may be the best sports car GM produces, but that is subjective. The number one complaint I see on C5 Vettes is the crappy interior and seats.

BTW, people are attacking you because of how you came across on your points in this thread. You basically trashed everyone's pride and joy.
ya i like the caddys but on your last note i think people are coming down is because the only real valid point is the paint. (then you go buy a vehicle who is painted by the same company).

i once had a young lady say she was a veterinarian and couldn't understand why people who knew her, knew she liked hamburgers, and said she wasn't.

i think this is the same or similar situation.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
Old 07-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #294
2012-1822

I love lamp

Closed Thread