Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
rrpilot

Drives: Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Flex
Test drove 13 black 1LE ...... nice very nice indeed

So dealer called me last week and said they got in there first and only 1le and was holding it for me. Told them not to hold it on my part as was black and bigger issue is can't get one now as lost job. But went and test drove it anyways as never driven one. I have only driven 2SS auto at LA auto show which was fun but very short and was around Anaheim CA.

So went to the dealer found my sales guy, super nice guy. He had the car already out and had me get in, he put the key in told me to push in clutch, started up nicely with that great npp exhaust sound. Car had sun roof which for me is a deal breaker as I'm 6 feet 5 inches tall. We sat there talking all about all the features and he went into great detail on the Mylink system which I really do like allot. Thought that was all we were going to do and he said go ahead and drive it out. Put on seat belt took a left and went on a 25 minute drive through the back roads which was pretty curvy with lots of pot holes and rutts. Got to a good long stretch and he said to get on it hard but was a sharp hard left at the end, I wound it up pretty good braked real hard and drove it through the hard left. Took a little getting used to the gear box and stalled it once but was great fun.

The guy that posted a long time ago about not getting 1le as daily driver due to stiff suspension didn't know sh!t, this car is a great daily driver.

Thanks to all those 1LE owners out there for posting all the great info on this car. Now hope to get a good job that can help me afford this car. Looking forward to the 14's as I really do love the new front end and hood, back end doesn't bother me one way or the other.
rrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Hope you get a great job buddy so you can get a great car
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Firerader

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary/Hennessey
I still get a stiffy seeing it in my garage. It's so far ahead of or 2010 SS it's not even a comparison..
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
HighMtnSS

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE, 1 of 139
LOL!
HighMtnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
Irishblackcoffee

Drives: 13 1LE GBE M6, 12 VR M6 #872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerader View Post
I still get a stiffy seeing it in my garage. It's so far ahead of or 2010 SS it's not even a comparison..
Same here.
Irishblackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
Toxikk
Lead Dev for Autoblog.com

Drives: GBA 13 2SS/1LE (Medusa)
i cant wait to get my black one. i test drove a CRT one and it was sexy, but did not have the RS package, and my heart was always set on a black one.

now if gm will just ship the mofo!
Toxikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxikk View Post
i cant wait to get my black one. i test drove a CRT one and it was sexy, but did not have the RS package, and my heart was always set on a black one.

now if gm will just ship the mofo!
4/15 TPW here as well.......with you 100%. I want my car!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
MarilynMonbro

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
4/15 TPW here as well.......with you 100%. I want my car!
4/22 TPW here.....Last week they told me it was awaiting a rail car now its apparently back in quality inspection! It looks like a lot are getting through though now. A lot of guys who always hear "bayed" from Becky are starting to get "shipped" from her.. And to add on to that my dealer said all the 1LE's and ZL1's affected will be out by the end of May, and I'm assuming he meant in some type of order (TPW) because I still haven't been shipped and I think my TPW was the last affected.
MarilynMonbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
MarilynMonbro

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Did everyone else on this thread also order a black 1LE?
MarilynMonbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpilot View Post
So dealer called me last week and said they got in there first and only 1le and was holding it for me. Told them not to hold it on my part as was black and bigger issue is can't get one now as lost job. But went and test drove it anyways as never driven one. I have only driven 2SS auto at LA auto show which was fun but very short and was around Anaheim CA.

So went to the dealer found my sales guy, super nice guy. He had the car already out and had me get in, he put the key in told me to push in clutch, started up nicely with that great npp exhaust sound. Car had sun roof which for me is a deal breaker as I'm 6 feet 5 inches tall. We sat there talking all about all the features and he went into great detail on the Mylink system which I really do like allot. Thought that was all we were going to do and he said go ahead and drive it out. Put on seat belt took a left and went on a 25 minute drive through the back roads which was pretty curvy with lots of pot holes and rutts. Got to a good long stretch and he said to get on it hard but was a sharp hard left at the end, I wound it up pretty good braked real hard and drove it through the hard left. Took a little getting used to the gear box and stalled it once but was great fun.

The guy that posted a long time ago about not getting 1le as daily driver due to stiff suspension didn't know sh!t, this car is a great daily driver.

Thanks to all those 1LE owners out there for posting all the great info on this car. Now hope to get a good job that can help me afford this car. Looking forward to the 14's as I really do love the new front end and hood, back end doesn't bother me one way or the other.
Hello rrpilot,

Very cool story hear and I am happy your experience at that dealership was so memorable.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
Toxikk
Lead Dev for Autoblog.com

Drives: GBA 13 2SS/1LE (Medusa)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarilynMonbro View Post
Did everyone else on this thread also order a black 1LE?
meeeeeeee
Toxikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #12
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Yes and I pic mine up in two hours. Can't wait
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote