Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Please Think before you post

I understand that most people have very good intentions when posting, what they don't realize is the consequences it can have. Which can be very devastating to a company or person for that matter.....

Case in point would be the delivery checklist that was posted and removed because of the negative impact. This was spread like wildfire and sadly half of the items were not and issue. Isolated cases mostly. A list like this could change the mind of a buyer or have someone back out of a deal. Either hurts the company not to mention the way consumers think.....

These cars by far are some of the best that GM has produced. We on this forum know this and there are many many posts that say the same. But not everyone gets on these forums so the average buyer only gets to see what the auto sites have to say and a list like this could change the mind of that person...

I'm off my box now, flame away.......

Last edited by 35th02ss; 07-27-2009 at 09:27 AM.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Agreed.

You wouldn't believe the damage control Dragoneye and I had to run just on GMInsideNews after that was posted...
Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Yes, thanks for posting what many of us feel! Let's get back to some positive, supportive info!

I love this car (or I will soon)!!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
JUSTINASS

Drives: 00 SS / 10 2SS RS RJT
I actually liked the checklist issue thread...I know there will be problems with a first run car...any maker....I would like to see what issues others are having so I can keep an eye out for them...
those guys bashing the camaro would do it anyway...espcially with the GM bailout and tensions w/ the auto industry in general...
GM could be in a win/win situation w/ the Camro and a lose/lose situation at the same time...
JUSTINASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
It seems to me that the list that was created of all the "issues" people were having was managed somewhat poorly, or just haphazardly thrown together.

I believe it would be very valuable to have a list of the known recall issues that have occurred. Because let's face it, many times the dealership might not even know about those things.

As far as all the minor issues people were having that were practically one-off problems, those probably should have been kept in a seperate list that didn't need to be stickied. It makes sense for people to want to find out if anyone else is having the same issue they may be experiencing. But lumping those smaller issues into the major recall issues clouds the severity of the problems.

I don't believe the thread was initially created to cause damage to GM or Chevrolet's image, but it garnered bad attention due to the lack of filter between the major recalls and the minor issues that have surfaced.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
I understand that most people have very good intentions when posting, what they don't realize is the consequences it can have. Which can be very devastating to a company or person for that matter.....

Case in point would be the delivery checklist that was posted and removed because of the negative impact. This was spread like wildfire and sadly half of the items were not and issue. Isolated cases mostly. A list like this could change the mind of a buyer or have someone back out of a deal. Either hurts the company not to mention the way consumers think.....

These cars buy far are some of the best that GM has produced. We on this forum know this and there are many many posts that say the same. But not everyone gets on these forums so the average buyer only gets to see what the auto sites have to say and a list like this could change the mind of that person...

Agreed. Brushing it under the rug always works for me.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post

These cars buy far are some of the best that GM has produced. We on this forum know this and there are many many posts that say the same. But not everyone gets on these forums so the average buyer only gets to see what the auto sites have to say and a list like this could change the mind of that person...

well-put and VERY TRUE!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
It seems to me that the list that was created of all the "issues" people were having was managed somewhat poorly, or just haphazardly thrown together.

I believe it would be very valuable to have a list of the known recall issues that have occurred. Because let's face it, many times the dealership might not even know about those things.

As far as all the minor issues people were having that were practically one-off problems, those probably should have been kept in a seperate list that didn't need to be stickied. It makes sense for people to want to find out if anyone else is having the same issue they may be experiencing. But lumping those smaller issues into the major recall issues clouds the severity of the problems.

I don't believe the thread was initially created to cause damage to GM or Chevrolet's image, but it garnered bad attention due to the lack of filter between the major recalls and the minor issues that have surfaced.
I think this is what happened. I agree people just wanted to know if others were having the same problem. The way its set up now is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Agreed. Brushing it under the rug always works for me.

I believe no where in my post it said to forget about it. We, as a group, know what the problems are, what I'm saying is a potential buyer sees a list with 68 problems on it (more than half are isolated cases one two cars) the Camaro has now been taken of the list of that buyer....Not only does GM get hurt but WE get hurt also. The more cars GM sells the more we'll see in the future in the form of options and content from GM and aftermaket companies...
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I completely understood the whole point of the thread, HOWEVER....

What WE understand and how OTHERS view it, are two completely different things.

I mean...I was freaking EMBARRASSED when that his consumer reports and edmunds and here we are thinking, "oh crap." We are sitting here doing our very best to help GM promote this car that we love...and then we tear it all down with one thread.

The answer is:

YES

You all know that some sales were hurt because of this...

...not to mention the heart attacks that some folks at GM got and, I'm sure, are STILL dealing with...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
WayneE

Drives: ZL1 A10
I'd rather see an open and honest discussion of the vehicles pros and cons vs. a bunch of fanboys drinking GM kool-aid.

I'm a GM fan. I want them to succeed (along with Ford and Fia... er, Chrysler!). I've owned a bunch of GM vehicles and current 2 of my 4 vehicles are GM. But I also know they have production issues and most of the dealers I've been to are horrible - sales and service.

Information is power. That's what these forums are about.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm Thinking!!!!!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
It's one thing to reference that thread for what it was.

But to reference it as a cumulative list of regularly occurring issues is irresponsible at best.

All writers of those articles had to do was say something to the effect of, "be aware, most of these issues are single occurances and shouldn't be counted as ongoing issues."

Then we'd have probably been able to leave it. But the spin that the list was regularly occurring problems was an awful bit of reporting.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #14
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I completely understood the whole point of the thread, HOWEVER....

What WE understand and how OTHERS view it, are two completely different things.

I mean...I was freaking EMBARRASSED when that his consumer reports and edmunds and here we are thinking, "oh crap." We are sitting here doing our very best to help GM promote this car that we love...and then we tear it all down with one thread.

The answer is:

YES

You all know that some sales were hurt because of this...

...not to mention the heart attacks that some folks at GM got and, I'm sure, are STILL dealing with...
Consumer reports picked it up?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote