Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #29
chopper

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss convertible
That's what the rep from jl said when u buy the slampack im just going to mount mine where u did
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #30
chopper

I just talked to jl audio today I have the manual for the new stealthbox..ill post it up in pdf. When I get a chance..crack my guess as to why they removed ur factory sub is to use the speaker wire that runs to the factory sub and use it to run to the stealthbox im curious as to if I can splice the wire and keep my ib marine sub in the factory spot and still be able to fit the stealthbox in
Old 08-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #31
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Im not sure what you mean by using my existing sub wiring...

All the wiring is new and the subs run off the JL amp along with the doors. The factory amp is powering the center dash and rear speakers....

I assumed they removed the factory sub for a sound portal...just a guess though. Either that or to remove any non-functioning, non-JL parts... (like they removed my B/A placards off the door speaker covers, lol)
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #32
chopper

That makes sense or all the bass would be trapped in ur trunk
Old 08-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #33
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Added the JL Audio C-5075 tweeters tonight... VERY simple installl, hardest part was deciphering pos/negative! (Light green and Tan pos, drk green n gray negs) didn't even need to remove door pannels!

Substantialy louder, crisper and clear over the BA, even with the capacitor JL added. I got em from Techronics.com (yes, that's proper spelling) for $105 shipped...you MAY be able to go up to a 1", as these being 3/4" had a LOT of room. (However these were recommended via Crutchfield) I ended up cutting, then "thickening" one of the included brackets w duct tape and hot gluing it in place. Kinda sloppy on the inside of the housing, but flawless on the exterior (visible) side.

Definitely worth the $ if your upgrading the system. Includes an inline capacitor, and 3 mounting brackets.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #34
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Added tweeters

Added the JL Audio C5-075 tweeters last night... HUGE sound improvement! I also figured out (completely) the settings/wiring for my amp JL used. Sounding perfect once again!

Anyway- I used a 3/4", however you might be able to go to a 1" tweeter, there was a lot of room I had to comensate for when mounting. Obviously it wasn't a direct fit for the stock B/A. But a little enginuity and hot glue and it's in perfectly.

Much clearer, crisp and louder overall sound. I actually had to tweak the EQ a bit to dial it in again, but sounds great!

No door panel removal either- simply pop off the tweeter housing, 1 screw and your in. Most challenging part was deciphering the pos/neg.. (FYI- Light Green and Tan Positive, Dk green and Grey- Negative)

Huge improvement at a very minimal cost! Comes with 3 different mounting brackets, extra wire and in-line capacitors

(My interior install was pretty sloppy looking inside the housing, so no photos, looks completely stock once assembled though!)
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #35
chopper

Nice drago it does make a big difference.. I wish there was a way to out some 5 1/4 c5 or c3s in the rear panel of the car without having to cut the panels up.. im hoping steve figures out a way to maybe put some adapters in there to et rid of those 3.5 inch speakers then the system would sound perfect
Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #36
Jonny

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible Camaro
I called JL Audio today and they said they don't sell to consumers. I see many of you saying that you ordered from JL Audio, though. What gives?
2011 "Victory Red" Camaro 2LT Convertible RS • Custom Painted "Corvette Black" Racing Stripes • SLP Rear Quarter Gill Graphics • Painted Engine Cover • EmblemPros Underhood Bowtie • River City Creations Custom Painted Bowties • Vararam Intake • JDP V6 VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Hypertech Max Energy Programming • ******** Large Sub Enclosure • 10" DC Sound Labs Level Four Subwoofer • Sundown SAX-1200d Amp • 2SSRS Rear View Backup Camera Kit
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #37
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Nice drago it does make a big difference.. I wish there was a way to out some 5 1/4 c5 or c3s in the rear panel of the car without having to cut the panels up.. im hoping steve figures out a way to maybe put some adapters in there to et rid of those 3.5 inch speakers then the system would sound perfect

I put alpine 6.5" speakes in this location on my vert. You can mount them to the cars body right behind the 3 1/2 " speakers with a couple of screws. Just remove 3 1/2" speaker and fit the 6 1/2" speakers in behind side panel. Very easy
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #38
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I called JL Audio today and they said they don't sell to consumers. I see many of you saying that you ordered from JL Audio, though. What gives?
Ceck their website... if not, I know Crutchfield is an authorized dealer. There are plenty of seriously cheaper retailers available online, but if they aren't authorized by JL, you'll lose your warranty...I saved nearly 50% off the retailers price on my tweets....wasn't really concerned about their warranty, but a full system might be worth it
Old 08-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #39
chopper

my buddy owns a car stereo store and is a authorized jl audio dealer... he is the one who ordered the stealthbox for me for my vert
Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #40
tbone587

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Can you post a picture of the bass knob? I am looking for a good location to mount it and was also considering mounting under sterring wheel as well.
tbone587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #41
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone587 View Post
Can you post a picture of the bass knob? I am looking for a good location to mount it and was also considering mounting under sterring wheel as well.
Will do when I get the car back from GM... In for warranty work... again!

I'm not a huge fan of under the wheel... it sounds good in theory, but I'm constantly hitting it with my knee getting in and out, I'm afraid it'll eventually crack the plastic steering housing.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #42
Jonny

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
my buddy owns a car stereo store and is a authorized jl audio dealer... he is the one who ordered the stealthbox for me for my vert
I'm about to place an order somewhere... Is it a straight $999 for the box, or are dealers able to offer any kind of discounts, if they're so inclined?
2011 "Victory Red" Camaro 2LT Convertible RS • Custom Painted "Corvette Black" Racing Stripes • SLP Rear Quarter Gill Graphics • Painted Engine Cover • EmblemPros Underhood Bowtie • River City Creations Custom Painted Bowties • Vararam Intake • JDP V6 VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Hypertech Max Energy Programming • ******** Large Sub Enclosure • 10" DC Sound Labs Level Four Subwoofer • Sundown SAX-1200d Amp • 2SSRS Rear View Backup Camera Kit
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote