Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #15
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
someone somewhere bought the three GM managed to sell. the SS looks much better in person than pics. the stick available for '15 helps. but for me I couldn't get past the fact that it had little visual wow factor for almost 50 grand. as I told my salesman " it looks like a Malibu with a corvette motor " he didn't agree and I didn't buy one either.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #16
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
SS is set to be discontinued

Saw an article that GM only sold like 2100 of the SS cars last year. So this is the last year for the SS. Plus GM is shutting down the whole holden division in Australia as well. I had an 2005 GTO, and a 2009 G8 GT. They both drove great. I just felt when they went by the wayside, that it might be hard to continue to get parts if needed.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #17
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
someone somewhere bought the three GM managed to sell. the SS looks much better in person than pics. the stick available for '15 helps. but for me I couldn't get past the fact that it had little visual wow factor for almost 50 grand. as I told my salesman " it looks like a Malibu with a corvette motor " he didn't agree and I didn't buy one either.
I think the current Malibu looks way better than and would sell more if it had a V8 option!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:53 PM   #18
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
The styling isn't the greatest but I get it. It's a sleeper. It does look pretty cool in person with a great interior. If I just had to have 4 doors I wouldn't have a problem owning one. If you could get a 1LE manual version with magnetic ride for around $45k that would be an unbeatable daily driver.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #19
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Why the hell couldn't they just make it look nearly the same as the G8 and rebadge it a Chevy? Would have saved them a ton of development and would sell much better. I never thought I would prefer the looks of imports over Domestics but this one has changed my mind. Unreal how they can design something so bland. I cannot understand how anyone here whom owned a beautiful Camaro would move to one of these if you at all consider outside appearance at all. If you need 4 doors and more room with the Camaro performance, fine. Otherwise, just disgusting.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote