Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Saw this really bad train wreck today

Hospital confirms 20+ mini figure casualties, driver of green locomotive was believed to be texting while driving.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
PM Designs

Drives: 2011 Camaro, 99 Silverado , 69 C-10
That's funny.
PM Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
That's nothing compared to how many Lego men died in the Lego apocalypse:
Attached Images

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
TOMS1SS

Enjoy the full photo album.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=lego
Old 07-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Damn dude, I used to build cities out of LEGOS too, only without the structural engineering part, and they weren't as big as yours. I also used to play SimCity 2000, SimCity 3000 Unlimited, and I still keep SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition in my laptop bag as a "when I get bored traveling" game.

On another off-topic note, SimCity Societies was a complete disappointment. It felt like a 5 year old could play it. Where were the massive environments and actual city tasks such as balancing the financial budget, keeping crime low, etc, etc; all while keeping your citizens happy and your city growing?

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Out here in California, "Train Wreck" is a name for a kind of weed, like "Kush".
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Damn dude, I used to build cities out of LEGOS too, only without the structural engineering part, and they weren't as big as yours. I also used to play SimCity 2000, SimCity 3000 Unlimited, and I still keep SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition in my laptop bag as a "when I get bored traveling" game.

On another off-topic note, SimCity Societies was a complete disappointment. It felt like a 5 year old could play it. Where were the massive environments and actual city tasks such as balancing the financial budget, keeping crime low, etc, etc; all while keeping your citizens happy and your city growing?
Anyone know where I can get SC2K? I freaking loved that game as a kid, really want to play it again.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Anyone know where I can get SC2K? I freaking loved that game as a kid, really want to play it again.
It won't play on newer computers without a DOS emulator. I have it on my old computer but it might be a tad difficult to get that working after 3 years after AC adapter input almost completely wore away.

Quote:

I used to build mock-ups for how I wanted my Lego City to look on the SC2000 city builder tool. Needless to say if I wanted to cover the whole map I would have required a warehouse and probably 50k for the Lego building materials to realize the dream.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Try Ebay. When I got the hots to replay Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit III I looked on Ebay and bought a copy for about $8. Only thing I didn't like is it came in a purple slim jewel case instead of the original one with cover art and manual. :( Oh well, still got the game anyway.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
It won't play on newer computers without a DOS emulator. I have it on my old computer but it might be a tad difficult to get that working after 3 years after AC adapter input almost completely wore away.
What you talkin bout? It played fine for me on Windows XP. Of course I don't know how it would fare on Vista or 7.

Quote:
I used to build mock-ups for how I wanted my Lego City to look on the SC2000 city builder tool. Needless to say if I wanted to cover the whole map I would have required a warehouse and probably 50k for the Lego building materials to realize the dream.
Do it. Take out a loan, buy a warehouse, build the city. Then advertise it and sell tickets to see it. I would defiantly go.

Ya, I played with the building tool a lot when I was bored. You need to get SC4 Deluxe edition tho. It has the rush hour expansion pack that includes several new civic buildings, reward buildings, transportation roads and methods, as well as the ability to drive, fly, or boat around your city!

SC4 also had some good 3D terrain, cars and effects (the buildings were high res 2D, but looked really good) as well as day/night.

There's no telling how many issues got overlooked in my city when I was busy driving around in it.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
TOMS1SS

Quote:
What you talkin bout? It played fine for me on Windows XP. Of course I don't know how it would fare on Vista or 7.
It really depends on the computer you have. For awhile a lot of computers had DOS emulators built in as a windows program. I honestly haven't used a DOS based program in years so I don't know....

Actually found a download site for SC2000 and the install program won't even run on my version of windows. Oh well, I'll have to settle for the SNES emulated version....no fund, fund, 25% loan cheat though......
Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #12
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
so...THAT is what free time looks like...gotcha!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
so...THAT is what free time looks like...gotcha!
I hate free time personally, its like a big void in the middle of my week. The void is partially filled by NES games and C5 of course.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #14
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
It really depends on the computer you have. For awhile a lot of computers had DOS emulators built in as a windows program. I honestly haven't used a DOS based program in years so I don't know....

Actually found a download site for SC2000 and the install program won't even run on my version of windows. Oh well, I'll have to settle for the SNES emulated version....no fund, fund, 25% loan cheat though......
I've actually still got my PC copy of SC2000 AND SC3000U. Now I wanna find my copy of NFS: HP III and NFS: HS before I move. Hell, I've even got STAR WARS: ROUGE SQUADRON and Roller Coaster Tycoon on PC.