Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #141
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
Kook’s Headers has been in business since 1962. With over 50 years of header and exhaust knowledge, you can guarantee that you’re getting the best made products possible.
Kook’s Headers and Exhaust make the most horsepower and torque in the industry. Gains have been over 60 horsepower and 50 foot pounds of torque to the rear tires.
Kook’s products are 100 percent manufactured in a 45,000 square foot state of the art facility, located in Statesville, North Carolina.
Kook’s products are made out of T304 air craft quality Stainless Steel. The competition uses a lesser grade of stainless; either 200 or 400 grade.
Each Kook’s system is designed specifically for the engine and vehicle it is built for. Kook’s utilizes the firing order of the engine when designing their tubes.
There is never any cutting and welding required when installing a Kooks system. All gaskets, bolts and oxygen sensor extensions are included with your kit.
Kook’s utilizes laser cut 3/8” thick stainless steel flanges so they won’t warp or bend. They also hand grind each port to ensure they are perfectly smooth so there is no exhaust constriction.
Every header collector has a Kooks scavenging spike in it to ensure maximum flow.
Kook’s headers carry a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of the product.
Every Kook’s header and exhaust system is designed using the most technically advanced equipment and is blended with over 50 years of racing experience. Every system is dyno and race tested to ensure the results are of Kooks expectations or better.
Kook’s has designed and produced a 400 cell count metallic high flow catalytic convertor that is used standard in every system. The competition uses a 200 cell count catalyst which is supposed to be used for industrial applications, not automobiles.
Kook’s is the only company in the industry that has a 49 state EPA approved catalytic convertor that can be used in any of their systems. This catalyst flows as much as the standard high flow ones and significantly reduces the likelihood of a “Check Engine Light” being turned on.
Kook’s Headers is involved with all types of automobile racing. They are an official contingency partner with NASCAR and makes parts for the ARCA, Lucas Oil Series, IMCA, URA, and many other oval style racing series.
Kook’s also supplies cars in the SCCA and NASA. Drag racing was the back bone of Kooks and we support the NHRA, PDRA, NMCA, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, PTRA and many more.
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #142
ELIC1
Account Suspended

kooks headers

this is why i like kooks. so anyone that likes a diffrent header post up and lets compare. again i am just saying what i would put on my car.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #143
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
Kook’s Headers has been in business since 1962. With over 50 years of header and exhaust knowledge, you can guarantee that you’re getting the best made products possible.
Kook’s Headers and Exhaust make the most horsepower and torque in the industry. Gains have been over 60 horsepower and 50 foot pounds of torque to the rear tires.
Kook’s products are 100 percent manufactured in a 45,000 square foot state of the art facility, located in Statesville, North Carolina.
Kook’s products are made out of T304 air craft quality Stainless Steel. The competition uses a lesser grade of stainless; either 200 or 400 grade.
Each Kook’s system is designed specifically for the engine and vehicle it is built for. Kook’s utilizes the firing order of the engine when designing their tubes.
There is never any cutting and welding required when installing a Kooks system. All gaskets, bolts and oxygen sensor extensions are included with your kit.
Kook’s utilizes laser cut 3/8” thick stainless steel flanges so they won’t warp or bend. They also hand grind each port to ensure they are perfectly smooth so there is no exhaust constriction.
Every header collector has a Kooks scavenging spike in it to ensure maximum flow.
Kook’s headers carry a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of the product.
Every Kook’s header and exhaust system is designed using the most technically advanced equipment and is blended with over 50 years of racing experience. Every system is dyno and race tested to ensure the results are of Kooks expectations or better.
Kook’s has designed and produced a 400 cell count metallic high flow catalytic convertor that is used standard in every system. The competition uses a 200 cell count catalyst which is supposed to be used for industrial applications, not automobiles.
Kook’s is the only company in the industry that has a 49 state EPA approved catalytic convertor that can be used in any of their systems. This catalyst flows as much as the standard high flow ones and significantly reduces the likelihood of a “Check Engine Light” being turned on.
Kook’s Headers is involved with all types of automobile racing. They are an official contingency partner with NASCAR and makes parts for the ARCA, Lucas Oil Series, IMCA, URA, and many other oval style racing series.
Kook’s also supplies cars in the SCCA and NASA. Drag racing was the back bone of Kooks and we support the NHRA, PDRA, NMCA, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, PTRA and many more.
I don't think your right on the stainless steel grading. When I was doing process piping in the food industry the only grades of stainless I ever saw were 304...316..
And 409..I think.304 was the most common because it was the cheapest. But still very durable....I'm thinking most manufactures use at leat 304. But I'm not 100 % on that.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #144
ELIC1
Account Suspended

this is what kooks is saying, i am going off what i read in there statement that i posted. all i am saying is i like kooks and thats what i wanted to do. some people only care about price and thats ok with me there car and they can do what they like.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:22 PM   #145
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Kooks should hire you

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:27 PM   #146
rontammy0
Account Suspended

I just dug a little deeper...kooks ..jba..obx..stainless works all use 304 graded stainless for headers. I'm thinking the 200 and 400 is the grading for the rest of the exhaust. I heard years ago the car manufacturers use stainless in factory exhaust. I think it was at least to the cat.That's why today's cars exhaust last for so long compared to the old days

Last edited by rontammy0; 01-02-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #147
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Kooks should hire you

Ryan
Old 01-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #148
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I just dug a little deeper...kooks ..jba..obx..stainless works all use 304 graded stainless for headers. I'm thinking the 200 and 400 is the grading for the rest of the exhaust. I heard years ago the car manufacturers use stainless in factory exhaust. I think it was at least to the cat.That's why today's cars exhaust last for so long compared to the old days
nice work brother. but i am happy with my kooks and would never buy anything else . good luck to you and the rest of camaro 5 and what you buy
Old 01-02-2015, 03:01 PM   #149
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
nice work brother. but i am happy with my kooks and would never buy anything else . good luck to you and the rest of camaro 5 and what you buy
kooks seem to be popular..with a lot of positive comments. I have jba ..I thought they looked great.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:11 PM   #150
ELIC1
Account Suspended

enjoy them i am with my kooks thanks for all the info.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #151
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:
Biggest thing they need to improve on is customer service. Due to the issue's I've had with them in the past we do not sell there stuff. The product is good though.
American Racing support is a lot better.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #152
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Stainless Works is not something i would use on my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Why not?
Quote:
beacuse kooks is better. they fit like a glove. the welds on them are perfact. and its top top notch steel and great sound. this is why you pay more for them. this is the 4 things you look for when you buy headers.again i would never use anything else its what i think i am sure other people will disagree and thats fine.
Quote:
So you have Kooks and like them. They are definitely a great product but that doesn't explain why you singled out Stainless Works as something you wouldn't use. Essentially everything you listed as reasons you like Kooks is also true of Stainless Works and American Racing Headers.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #153
ELIC1
Account Suspended

i dont like Stainless Work because i think kooks are better. thats my reason if you really need to no.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:35 AM   #154
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
i bought Kooks headers too. it was my first choice.
if they wouldn't exist. i would of choose between the two.
SW& ARH.. pretty shure i would of get a great product too.
as long as it's made in the USA that matters the most for me and a reputable company.
i think the 3 here are the best.
Attached Images

29er is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american racing headers, kooks, long tube headers, pfadt, stainless works