Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I went to my first car show ( Fbodygathering 2011).......

Hello all this might be kinda long but I think trying to be short winded would be an injustice so Please Read and enjoy.

When I first thought buying this "Car" I have visions of a hot car and sharing it with my kids and family, Thus Dr Jkel was born. I was asked many times over the weekend if I was truly a doctor so I thought I would explain the meaning of Dr Jkel. I have 2 boys who are 12 and 14 now and really they are my nephews. Their mother passed away from cancer and their father with a heart attack at the ripe old age of 6 and 8, because their father died first their mother was the only one left to take care of them.

She took chemotherapy every Monday and with that came alot of sickness, so really we have had the boys for awhile before she passed.

SOOO when I ordered this car and had many months to wait, talk about it, wait some more. I wanted them to be a part of this car so I took parts of thir name along with my sweety and came up with Dr Jkel. The Dr is for Drew the youngest, J is for Jordan and Kel is for Kelley, So now you all know.

I signed up for this "Show" not really knowing anything about car shows/ gatherings etc....so to say I was a noob is an understatement. This was the first car show I had ever entered.

As time got closer I started receiving messages from the one and only "Pirate Booty" (Diane) and was invited to hang out with her group ACE5. So I agreed thinking that was pretty nice of her but really didn't want to put anyone out.

What I experienced when Kelley and I got their was more than a car show, it was like old friends getting together, friends I had never met, nontheless I felt welcomed.

ACE5 you are a stand up group. Thank You does not seem to be enough for the hospitality that you showed Kelley and I. I enjoyed meeting you, talking with you and sharing funny and heart felt stories.

Kelley and I just wanted to say Thank You for making us feel welcomed, we had a GREAT time and will be back.

This gathering was a great time for us. Finally putting faces and stories to user names was out of this world. I am afraid to name name as I might forget someone and would never intentionally do that. But I will try and remember you all.

Les, Shane, Scott, Neil, D'Shante, Diane, Pat, JT aka "Corn Hole", Jonathan and I know there are others that I forgot, but Thank You ALL for making us feel apart of your group. I now feel I have made some friends for life.

Chad and Andy ( Fbody Staff ) Thank you for putting on this great show and Chad thank you for personally taking timeout to visit with me, making sure I was having a good time and seeing if there was anything I needed. You guys are Awesome.

Randy and Bonnie- It was a pleasure meeeting both of you and look forward to may more good times. I sure hope you get the skipped fixed.

Norm and Maria - It was great seeing you again and I am sure this will not be the last, we had a blast. Thanks for taking care of the tent, Norm You are the Man.

Vengeance Racing- Ron, Misty and Kayden - I really appreciate you letting me display my car in your area, for the hospitality you showed us, and for the geat work you have done on my car. I couldn't have asked for more. Hope everything goes well with the upcoming Little One.

There was so many people I met that I can't remember them all but look forward to seeing you next year.

Thanks to the judges of the car show. I am in awe and humbled by being awarded the Class Winner in the Camaro Super Modded class. Was way more than I ever expected.

Also Thanks to Adam's polishes for making a great product that made my ride shine. The bag, bucket dollie made it alot easier to keep clean at the show.

Lastly but certainly not least, Scott ( Fbodfather) Word can not express what you do. Your pressence is like electricity in the air. Thanks for stopping by and chatting, Thanks fo signing my car and award and Thanks for the Award you gave Jonathan. You are one special man.

I look forward to seeing all you guys again next year, I will be better prepared and we WILL have a generator, I Promise.

Unfortunately my camaera died and I couldn't take more.

Here is a few pictures for ya'll. You will see DR JKEL's beginning Drew Jordan and Kelley, Remember Drew is 12 and Jordan is 14.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 05-30-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
your rims look awesome, nothing better than shiny Chrome
Old 05-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Pirate Booty

This is the Pirate Booty we speak of, not me!

I'm just holding it!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
This is the Pirate Booty we speak of, not me!

I'm just holding it!
Yeah Yeah Diane, the ones who were there know the real deal...... oh hum oh hum and a bottle of RUM

But you know we love ya.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Glad to have met alot of yall also! You are always welcome to come to anything we have! I know I gotta get those cutouts now, since I heard them in Person! Saving up for them now!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Skidpuppy
ACE5

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
We had a great time also. Wished we could have stayed a little longer... maybe next year. I have the mod bug again after seeing all those great cars there.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
i didnt get there till saturday night but i had alot of fun and i am glad i got a chance to meet new people and see alot of nice cars
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
Brolik10
BLOWN!!!

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
I had a great time as well. Good to meet and put some names to faces!!! You have a great taste in color, BTW, Dr. Jekyl!
Brolik10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
lol
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
The Super Modified Champion.......... Dr Jkel!!!!!!

Was really cool being able to be invited to this show.

I totaly forgot the water, and mooched beeer from Norm and John .....

I owe you guys.

I was tired as hell the first day. But didn't stop me from partying.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #11
4SFEDSS

Drives: 2010 ABM CAMARO SS
Great meeting all the Alabama gang and seeing everyone have a good time. Hopefully we can do it again next year even better. Now that I learned it takes 1 bottle of rum a night to wash down any Smirnoff Ice or beer drank during the day.
YANK PYE 3400 STALL / SLP STAGE 2 BLACKWING C.A.I.
ARH LONGTUBE HEADERS w/MAGNAFLOW CATBACKS
HAWK PADS w/STAINLESS LINES & TRIP-DRILL ROTORS
PFADT COIL SPRINGS, SWAY BARS & TRAILING ARMS
703-RWHP/685-RWTQ @ 13LBS
4SFEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #12
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4SFEDSS View Post
Great meeting all the Alabama gang and seeing everyone have a good time. Hopefully we can do it again next year even better. Now that I learned it takes 1 bottle of rum a night to wash down any Smirnoff Ice or beer drank during the day.
I dont quite remember you hitting the Rum! Which Friday I dont really remember much after 1am! LOL!!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
I dont quite remember you hitting the Rum! Which Friday I dont really remember much after 1am! LOL!!!!
Boy I sure do....

John, it was a pleasure. Not sure how far Oxford is from Auburn, but it would be great to meet up again once my classes start!

I'll be sure to bring the C**N H**E.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #14
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Nice ride Doc!

Wish we could have been there. Looks like it had a good turnout and always a good time hanging with ACE5'ers.

C-Kidd.... not gonna ask about the nickname! .....only kidding, been known to play a little myself. Built some custom sets a couple years ago.