Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
2010 LLT Issues - Running increasingly Rich (way more than the normal rich)

I have been trying to figure out this new condition my car has developed. It seems that the car has been running richer & richer as time goes on. It is to the point that I will leave a haze behind the car at WOT and my AFR is below 11.0:1 at WOT.

Car:
3.6L LLT
LT Headers, no cats, x pipe, Flowmasters
CAI cold air w/ IAT relocate
MACE ported intake manifold
Zex 100 shot wet kit
Trifecta tune

Symptoms:
Fouled 1 set of plugs
Very rich at WOT (seems to be normal rich at idle)
This has come on progressively over the last 3 weeks or so.
It had a "stumble" from about 1500-2500 on acceleration (this got better with the plug change)

Attempts to fix:
Cleaned MAF (yes, with the right cleaner)
Cleaned throttle body (not really to fix, but I was already right there)
Changed plugs
Verified that the ZEX fuel solenoid was not leaking

At this point I am at a loss as to what direction to take. I will probably get a datalog for Trifecta (some late evening when there aren't as many cars on the road), but since nothing has changed with the tune since way before this started I figured it was something mechanical rather than a tuning issue.

I am looking for any guidance anyone would have with this situation. I have heard that bad MAF to TPS can cause this, but I don't want to just start throwing parts at it either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
FunkedOut

Drives: Black 2010 SS
not familiar with the term 'normal rich' so what is the AFR at idle/cruise (non WOT)?
is it only rich at WOT or all the time?

what have your fuel trims been like?
reset them and then monitor them?
FunkedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:02 PM   #3
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkedOut View Post
not familiar with the term 'normal rich' so what is the AFR at idle/cruise (non WOT)?
is it only rich at WOT or all the time?

what have your fuel trims been like?
reset them and then monitor them?
The LLT is notorious for running a little rich from the factory. Add to that I have no cats and it has always been just a bit rich. AFR at idle cruise runs about 13.0-13.5:1 or so.

With the Trifecta tune I can't see anything. Everything has to be done through datalogs that I have to send in to them. Not the ideal way of doing it, but the best I have for now. Some day I will go with HP Tuners for it.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:20 PM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
There is a way that you can see your own data logs.

Trifecta had a program that I was able to retrieve and download. This way I can see my data logs. I cannot change any of the settings but at least I can read what is going on.

You are correct, that the LLT does seem to run rich, however, when I watch my LTFT and STFT settings, it is almost always showing that I am not running rich. I can watch them while driving as I have an UltraGuage that shows my readings.

Posted below is some of the charts from that program I mentioned.

The data logs were taken a year ago while at the drag strip.

As for what is going on with yours, that is a good question. Change in fuel? Change in weather? Clean the air cleaner. Check all the hoses and lines. Look over all the obvious first. Might want to even check for exhaust leaks, I found that my mid pipes had loosened up to my headers, and was throwing a code. Drove me nuts for a couple weeks, until I checked the clamps. Tighten them again, all good.

GOOD LUCK.
Attached Images