Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #57
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMCamaro View Post
So this isn't even close to a clear bra or vinyl stripes??? I just got done buffing out with Adam's products the vinyl stripes and the clear bra VERY carefully from the damage of the Road Wrap on the trip down to the Fest.

Clear bra = protection from chips, scratches and other wear and tear

Vinyl wrap = cosmetic application that's a temporary alternative to paint job

What did you use on your stripes exactly?..I'll happily try it, flat black isn't very forgiving.

Last edited by Mustang Killa; 04-23-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #58
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Use Adam's Fine Machine Polish with the Blue hand applicator. Wipe off residue and wipe the entire panel down with Adam's Detail Spray. We did this to a few of the cars with flat black vinyl stripes and they turned out great.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #59
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
By the way I'm loving my Ghost Armor on my Iphone.

Thanks,

Randy
Old 04-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #60
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Okay, bikini's or naked only, no body jewelery and they all must wear white cotton gloves.

I guess it shows in my car, but scratches happen. I don't sweat them. The stress would kill me.

Flat is gonna be a pita too.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #61
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ud_lose View Post
By the way I'm loving my Ghost Armor on my Iphone.

Thanks,

Randy
off topic but im thinking of trying theirs. i have the zagg one and its coming off and this is my second one
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #62
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I guess it shows in my car, but scratches happen. I don't sweat them. The stress would kill me.

That's the way I am too. My paint looks good, but it is far from perfect, but I don't care. If someone comes up to me and says dude, you have a swirl there, I think I may just put a swirl on his face.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #63
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I don't care what any car show models look like at any show, you should just keep your opinions to yourselves. Being disrespectful won't get you anywhere in life, or on this forum.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #64
firefighter1

Drives: 625 rwhp red jewel ss COTW 11-8-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
off topic but im thinking of trying theirs. i have the zagg one and its coming off and this is my second one
I got one for my IPAD while I was at the fest, man it came out great and it's almost if the ghost armor makes the ipad easier to use, I'm not "double" tapping text when typing as bad!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #65
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Flat is gonna be a pita too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
That's the way I am too. My paint looks good, but it is far from perfect, but I don't care. If someone comes up to me and says dude, you have a swirl there, I think I may just put a swirl on his face.

Just like the guys above, if your car is a true driver you are bound to get hacks and scratches. Mark's car got pitted driving from Virgina, and Kyle's car got pummeled with pebbles when Robert's Brandi did a burnout at 70 mph on the highway and DUG UP THE CONCRETE. No one wants it to happen, but it does nonetheless.

Last edited by speedster; 04-23-2011 at 05:34 PM.
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #66
LOCKENESS-MONSTA

Drives: Like a pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM-SS View Post
Sorry to hear your car was scratched. Sonds like friendly negotiations are in order.

Picture this. At the L. A. Auto Show 2009 the Audi R8 was introduced in North America. If you have seen this car it has a sloping hood. While talking to the Audi Rep two boys decided to use the hood as a slide! can you imagine this there parents did not say a word or stop them. I looked at the rep asked him "are you going to say something" he shook his head no!

I attended a show this 30 pound kid was not tall enough to see the engine compartment what does he do climbs up on the front G F/X facia! what the heck is going on before I could say anything his father took him off we checked no scratches no damage lucky for my Camaro. I have seen people walk up have a camera around their neck look inside the car camera bumps the door chips the paint. People are not even aware what they have done. I am tempted to print up a flyer what is acceptable behaviour around Car's
thats people these days not many people have respect for peoples car. thats why people should put like a huge sign that says dont touch. lol cause i guess a roped of car doesnt advosly meen not to touch or even SIT IN THE CAR!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #67
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post

I don't care what any car show models look like at any show, you should just keep your opinions to yourselves. Being disrespectful won't get you anywhere in life, or on this forum.
o'boy
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #68
LOCKENESS-MONSTA

Drives: Like a pro
oh and normaly the people who scratch and climb on cars are the ones with 90's cars that have never had a coat of wax in its entire life. plus key scratches all over every side of the car.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #69
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
First, I'm sorry that your car was scratched at the fest.

That totally sucks and I hope everything works out for you.

On a second note, if you did not personally witness the girls sitting on your car, then you don't have a case to get reimbursed by them or by the sponsor/vendor they were with (sure you know that, but this is for everyone else saying, "Make them pay!!!"). It won't happen. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful to you in any way, shape, or form. But, as LEO I see it all the time. Unless there is a witness to the damage, there is no case. If there is no witness to a crime (theft, criminal mischief, etc) then no prosecutor could ever win the case. It's heresay, assumption, guessing...etc. With that being said, I would throw caution to coming right out and saying, "these two people scratched my car."

Again, I mean no harm or disrespect in the message. But, to see people jumping in on this, it's kind of disturbing.

And to everyone else.... no more disrespectful messages about the girls any more. No, I don't know them. But, neither do you....and I can pretty much bet money on it that you (not the OP, but the others in general) wouldn't walk up to the girls and say, "you can't model with my car because you look like a two bit hooker, aren't pretty, etc etc etc." People just don't do that in real life....remember, rule #2, the same rules of life apply here. Please abide by them.

Thanks
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #70
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
How Much ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter1 View Post
I got one for my IPAD while I was at the fest, man it came out great and it's almost if the ghost armor makes the ipad easier to use, I'm not "double" tapping text when typing as bad!
If you don't mind me asking did you have it installed or did you do it your self? Just ordered my wife a pad 2 and was wondering where I could get a good scratch proof cover for it.Approx. how much did it cost. Thanks