Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
RX questions/opinions

I have had my LLT Camaro for over 2 years now and ever since the first day I came to this forum Tracy has been the "top dog" I guess you could say when it come to products and help. I recently became very interested in the RX SC kit and read reviews on here about how supportive the customers were. Then.....I wake up and all hell broke loose on here about Tracy and RX. I dont get it. Almost everybody that has been a customer of RX has never said anything negative...and then they all come out of the wood work complaining about every little problem. Why not speak up? If I had an issue I wouldnt keep my mouth shut about it and lie to the forum. Stories dont really add up to me. I know RX has became really backed up and the service has been really slow and everything else that has happened inside of the business. Tracy has always been great to me through email and Ive actually recieved 2 emails from him today. Being a business major I understand whats happening here with the many problems that has surfaced. I have confidence in the shop and that one day it will get back to where it was "pictured" out to be on here over the last 2 years I have followed them on here. Voice your opinion. Its what the forum is for. Positive? Tell us about it. Negative? Explain it all...both sides.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I don't see the purpose of this thread. There are already plenty of threads about RX. If you never had a problem with them, then by all means, keep doing business with them.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
I'd personally stay away on FI with them. They say you will have your "Kit" in 2 weeks and it will end up being shipped in 2 months. Or if you ship your car there you will be Carless for months for no reason at all. Just my .02
Old 07-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
OP I suggest doing your own research, you will get good reviews and bad. I have my own opinions bout Rx.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
Patrick864 RS

I just dont get how customers that backed him for so long...can all of a sudden become his biggest enemy is all I am saying. Ive read every post on every RX related post in this section. It just mainly concerns shipping dates...and paint problems. Which dont concern me. If I was to get a FI kit with him I would take it directly to his shop. What were problems with the FI kit? Thats what I am wanting to know. Not about the time. I just want to learn more. Thats all. Its just hard to believe how "great" he was ever since I got my car in every review and post on here, just for this recent stuff to happen.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
buyer beware!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=281376&page=8
Old 07-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Poor fitment, missing parts, alignment issues, etc
Old 07-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Also here is my IM after i uninstalled and emptying the catchcan frequently
Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
Patrick864 RS

So for everyone that has sold the RX kit...was it the actual kit that caused it? Or the service? From your past threads I saw nothing but support about the business. I mean was the kit a big constant problem? Or is everyone just selling their SC's because the trend of everything that has happened? lol
Old 07-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
What you have is a few competitors that will stoop to no new low to try and get business for themselves, or to push us away from bringing new. better, lower cost products out that they see as a threat.

Any negative you see, it is easy to just click on their user name, find more posts, and see who they are praising to see the same small group. As for V6 owner, he had the second quickest v6 SC Camaro in the country until he traded it for a V8 and sold the used system (then after 5-6-7 months condems RX) but here is that system in use right here:

NO company in the world has developed more FI options/products for the V6 Camaro crowd, and we are #1 in price for a brand new system...quality second to none.

The internet is like the wild wild west....and the amount of misinformation, greed, and no ethics seems to always rear its ugly head.

The only other kits were Missionboi (made 400 rwhp) who traded up to a V8, and that's the only used kits I am aware of, and we updated each for no cost for the buyer of these and gave the same support we do the new ones. We even convinced Pardo to buy V6 owners to help him (made us not a penny) when he was about to buy a brand new system from us (that's how we make $) and you see how v6owner showed his appreciation.

So, any questions, on Anything LLT or LFX FI related, email us direct at: RXProducts@aol.com

Also, I ask any that are looking at our products or services that get any disparaging PM's from the trouble makers to please forward them direct to TRAN. Lets get this forum back to a nice place without all the hate drama.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
When I was buying my SC kit I was looking for a mature kit not a one off built system that was never done twice. Now I see RX is offering kits that seem more mature in construction.
The second thing I was looking for was someone with experience with tuning an LLT and able to show me the results. I could never get results from trifecta on the SC LLT tune.
I too have traded email with Tracy but I still needed to know the tune would be close to OEM. Even with their new RX sc kits the tune is the key. I still haven't heard from anyone that has gotten a really good tune from trifecta on a LLT SC.
I would get all the info before laying out the money since there has been considerable bad press.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #12
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
The tune on the LLT's have been great the past 6-8 months....Trifecta is doing an awesome job, but the LFX there is so much more that can be done. We also have some proprietary tuning parts that help that I have yet to see any other use....so that's a big key.

The videos of Erik Pardo's is the first tune we sent....and it appears pretty dang close.

The LFX allows us to use Trifecta, HPT, or EFI Live as well so lots of flexability there.

And as always, with any of our first release early systems, we have always provided the new updated/improved components when asked as we did for Pardo at no charge.

The other real important part in any FI is to understand crankcase evacuation and removing the damaging combustion byproducts from the crankcase while still in a suspended state, or the engine will gradually wear prematurely and fail prematurely....and all others I see are deleting this function, or disabling it at best. The damage will take 20-40-50k miles to show up, but it cant be outdone. And just releasing pressure will not evacuate any of these damaging compounds no matter what a seller claims.

Just search and see if any other system has had blown engines, or damage from water ingestion, etc. that can and is caused by rendering the crankcase evacuation system useless.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
Patrick864 RS

Glad to see the tuning is coming along! thats what really holds our LLTs back. So is your $3900 price on your thread for a newly designed centri kit? Or is it for the original one....or roots? I dont understand why its for 1 LLT and 1 LFX.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #14
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
I have had my LLT Camaro for over 2 years now and ever since the first day I came to this forum Tracy has been the "top dog" I guess you could say when it come to products and help. I recently became very interested in the RX SC kit and read reviews on here about how supportive the customers were. Then.....I wake up and all hell broke loose on here about Tracy and RX. I dont get it. Almost everybody that has been a customer of RX has never said anything negative...and then they all come out of the wood work complaining about every little problem. Why not speak up? If I had an issue I wouldnt keep my mouth shut about it and lie to the forum. Stories dont really add up to me. I know RX has became really backed up and the service has been really slow and everything else that has happened inside of the business. Tracy has always been great to me through email and Ive actually recieved 2 emails from him today. Being a business major I understand whats happening here with the many problems that has surfaced. I have confidence in the shop and that one day it will get back to where it was "pictured" out to be on here over the last 2 years I have followed them on here. Voice your opinion. Its what the forum is for. Positive? Tell us about it. Negative? Explain it all...both sides.
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Tracy+Lewis+RX

The truth is out there

Closed Thread