Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #15
roccky08

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White/Beige Interior
I used my company's discount towards the camaro since they gave me the GM Employee Discount.

There is absolutely nothing better than that at least during this time. My MSRP was 37,365 and I got it for 36,070 or so with 0 haggling (it is a fixed price set by GM), the dealer only made about $400 over invoice.

Better yet the dealer can only charge you up to $75.00 from "documentation/dealer fees". The same dealer charges $399.00 to regular buyers. An they cannot add any other fees to it. Just keep saying that since you have the GM Discount you can go to any dealer you want and deny any additional charges other than tax (7% here) and title $18.00

If you need more information, PM me and I can help
roccky08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #16
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
GM also has $1000 off on their website for any camaro.
They have $1,000 off for current Pontiac and Saturn owners (through March 31st), but that's all I've seen or can find on their website as of now.

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
RogueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
If you are a GM employee and didnt get the discount, YOU GOT SCREWED!!! Plain and simple. GMS has been allowed by GM from day 1 on the Camaro. The only cars not allowed are a ZR1... maybe a CTS-V. Sorry, dealer lied to you. It is and has always been up to the dealer to honor it but 99 times out of 100 if they don't, they will blame GM. I am sorry but you got the El shaft-o!

Haley... if your dad gets GM price, take it and run!
Tell us how you really feel. lmao
Old 03-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #18
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
my advice: as everyone has said, check the stick to see if anything has been added.

since its a 1LT, could have the BA stereo added like i did, could have stripes, could have C&C package added to make the price a little higher than it is... even polished rims can cost more, some dealers even order the additional mats and crap for the car...

anyways, check that out, if the sticker is showing 28k on it, then something must have been added to the car especially if a car like that build is going for regular 27k...
**cant remember is ABM was a premium paint which cost more

since this color is not being built anymore, could be that's why the cost is added.

However, start with the sticker, print out one from the chevy website since i believe the pain option is still on there and take it to the dealer to compare with the one they have.

goodluck

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #19
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Also, check the equipment on the car. Do a build on Chevy.com and see how it compares. Don't forget the traansportation costs. and any other fees your dealer may have.

On the Chevy Website, you can spec out the vehicle with the options you have and get a pretty good idea what the sticker price is.

Edmunds has been pretty good for me when researching used cars. So I would expect they are using the Manufacturer's numbers for their pricing.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #20
roccky08

I also suggest you prepare your financing with your dad's credit union. I did it my my own credit union before heading to a dealer.

With all the tools, and about 4 hours of saying no, you will be driving your new camaro knowing that you made a very wise purchase
Old 03-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #21
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSS View Post
The window sticker is more accurate than Edmunds. Chevy puts the sticker up with the MSRP when the car is shipped.

What's the MSRP on the sticker? Or better yet, what's the VIN?
vin is VIN: 2G1FB1EV1A9166865

$29045 is the MSRP on the sticker. i am going to go to GM's page and try to build one and see what it would be. also i'm going to get on the gmfamilfirst.com site and build one and see what it would be with the discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Well, the dealer can charge (or at least try) whatever they want to for the car. Go on the GM website and build the car. See how much it is. If you are alright paying exactly that amount, then go to the dealer and tell them you are prepared to buy the car today for $x. If they say ok, then buy it. If they say no, then you need to be prepared to walk away (at some point). BTW, why not see if your Dad can get you the GM pricing on the car and if the dealer will accept it.? Good luck and keep us posted.
the reason i didn't tell the dealer i could get the discount is because i have had multiple dealers give me a better price on the car BEFORE they know i get the discount. once i say that i can get it, it's not as good a deal. so i like to hear what they will give before hand... did that make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
You said 'invoice' is 27,071.00 and they will give it to you for 28,500 which is 1429.00 profit for them. (not counting the BS stuff) You have to assume they will need to make something on the car. Doesn't have a sun roof so that's a big negative. Yo udon't want to regret in any way shape or form, buying this car. The most you could reasonably expect to get them down would be maybe 500.00, possibly more, but Im talking odds here. 500.00 over the price of a long loan shouldn't be too much to 'strap' you. If it is, you should rethink getting it anyway.

So I would say, the possible dealbreaker here would be the sunroof. Sounds like you might like this car a little.
yeah the sunroof may be a deal breaker... but maybe once i see it i might be so in love (seeing it up close for the first time ever) that i don't care about the sunroof anymore... but i doubt it!

by the way, don't they get the holdback money? even when it's sold at invoice?!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #22
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
If you are a GM employee and didnt get the discount, YOU GOT SCREWED!!! Plain and simple. GMS has been allowed by GM from day 1 on the Camaro. The only cars not allowed are a ZR1... maybe a CTS-V. Sorry, dealer lied to you. It is and has always been up to the dealer to honor it but 99 times out of 100 if they don't, they will blame GM. I am sorry but you got the El shaft-o!

Haley... if your dad gets GM price, take it and run!
Didn't get shafted, I was fine paying what the car was worth. I could have waited a few more months to get the car at GMS but didn't want to. I chose to pay the difference and don't regret it one bit. In May, there were no guidlines from GM as to GMS pricing on the Camaro. There are not many GMS eligable customers that got their car that early that were given ANY discount.

When dealerships were allowed to mark up cars by more then $15k, how happy do you think they were to let it go for $500 below invoice?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #23
roccky08

Also price it at the GM Employees website and you will see exactly how much you will pay. Print it out and take it to the dealer
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #24
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Didn't get shafted, I was fine paying what the car was worth. I could have waited a few more months to get the car at GMS but didn't want to. I chose to pay the difference and don't regret it one bit. In May, there were no guidlines from GM as to GMS pricing on the Camaro. There are not many GMS eligable customers that got their car that early that were given ANY discount.

When dealerships were allowed to mark up cars by more then $15k, how happy do you think they were to let it go for $500 below invoice?
I ordered my car in May also and got GMS.... I dont see your logic but whatever.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #25
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
by the way, don't they get the holdback money? even when it's sold at invoice?!
I think there are different situations where sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't, and sometimes it's a different amount.

But I'm not in the know, as far as that stuff goes.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #26
roccky08

I used http://www.GMSupplierDiscount.com
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #27
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
haleyd: With that MSRP, the $28,500 is a good price.

No reason to build one, that's the MSRP from Chevy, building one won't give you any different result.

The sunroof would be another $900 on top of that if you ordered one (Of course you can't get ABM paint)

At any rate, at $28,500 you're not being ripped off IMO

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
RogueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #28
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Tell us how you really feel. lmao
I ALWAYS do... like it or not!