Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
Itsmeagain
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I need SERIOUS feedback please FI

Ok, so I am VERY new to the FI world.

2010 Camaro SS just bought Edelbrock E Force

Currently using Vararam Intake (will have to remove, can't use with SC)
BBK Shorty Headers (leaving on, but I have stock ones still)
V-Max Throttle Body (leaving on, I do not have the stock one)

1.Now, with the canned tuned is it safe to use the TB and shorty headers for a very short time, and very easy driving to save $$$ for tune (I'm assuming it's not)

2. Is it an absolute NECESSITY to upgrade the fuel pump? And if so is it the whole unit replaced or just inline? I saw Phastek had an upgraded pump with module for $290

3. If I want a little more power when installing and before tuning it, can I run a different size pulley and injectors? If so what size?

Please help me out with serious and direct answers I'm so confused and frustrated right now. I spend a lot of money on this FI and feel like I can't even use it correctly right now.

Thank you all in advance I plan to install this weekend and hopefully get the tune with in 2 weeks.
Itsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
Joshua nuzzo

Drives: Supercharged 2011 camaro ss vert
Who did or is going to do the install? I'd ask them these questions first. Having said that your kit should have coming with injectors if not you will need 65lb min with baseline pulley. As far as the pump you must have either a boost-a-pump or a aftermarket pump or zl1. Do not install this thing your self and try to run it without getting your fuel right first! Saving for the right stuff is better then saving for a engine. And I'm not trying to be a ass when I say this...... If you can't scratch a check for shit breaking sale your system and stay stock!!!! That's wise words brother and something will break just does even with the best of the best. Either way good luck to you and I'm sure more guys will chime in
Joshua nuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
Itsmeagain
Account Suspended

I am having a local shop here that I trust do the instal of the E Force, and now the ZL1 fuel pump also. This one from Phastek should be correct, right?

http://www.phastekperformance.com/mo...t.aspx?id=2317

It's not that money is the issue, I just really got caught off gaurd. I thought the kit would have been suficent by itself. Yes, it's the full kit so it does come with baseline pulley and also injectors. As you mentioned I'm going to just line it all up accordingly to make it all happen the right way. Install the E Force with the headers and throttle body on, install the ZL1 fuel pump, then get it tuned right away. That way it will be all done and done right.

Yes, I know things will break and it happens. I don't drive hard at all, it will only be on the track. Thank for your input on the subject. Can you let me know if that link to the fuel pump is the correct one?
Old 06-23-2014, 06:30 AM   #4
Joshua nuzzo

Drives: Supercharged 2011 camaro ss vert
Yeah brother you should be good with that one with that set up. I did the BAP then squash double 450s
Joshua nuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #5
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
zl1 pump worked great with my setup on low boost.
camarossdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Rally Yellow & 68 SS
With a good tuner you should be good with the ZL1 pump. I ran the whipple at 12LB of boost at 586rwhp on stock pump and MSD BAP for 2 years. And was drag racing the hell out of it.
AS OF 1/29/16 @ 633 RWHP=10.10@136
TOPED 700 PASSES AFTER F.I. AND STILL ON THE ORIGIANAL STOCK AXLE & DIFF
Mr. Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Itsmeagain
Account Suspended

Ok cool thanks guys, ZL1 Pimp it is!

Tags
dyno tune, edelbrock e force supercharger, forced induction