Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Question DILEMMA, seriously.

HI guys.
im the proud daddy of an 07 MONTE SS. its like a part of me, ... jet black, kept LIKE NEW (fanatically).. all stock GM...silver metallic ground FX...
and of course, a clean, nearly mint 84 MONTE.

needless to say, i love a good MONTE CARLO. and my black SS is the same fun over and over again each day. its been almost 2 years. im sure you can all relate when i really tell you im in LOVE with this car.

but i have to have a new CAMARO.
and i KNOW you all get that...

so..
seems like (aside from winning the damn thing) my only options is to PAINFULLY wait it out til aug 2010 (a little piece of me is dead) and ...
trade UP the SS to the camaro i want.

would you do it? should i do it?
should i be more patient? maybe something will arise to allow me both? (SS MONTE AND 2SS RS CAMARO)

call me a wack job but this is killlin me.
my pop is a firebird dude... hes had 3, now hes still got his 97 RED camaro.
hes a VERY YOUNG 73... he aint no old dude. its like a tribute, an extension, and of course.... i just love the new beast.

HELP
any opinions are welcome, even if you call me a jackass.

VINCE
vm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Those feelings you feel for your monte, they can be felt again. It will be painful to see her go, but you can have the same, or better experiences with the new 'maro. Not to mention, both you and your dad having a Camaro at the same time is special in its own right.

I say get yourself into a Camaro if you can. You obviously love it... just go for it!
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbolt70 View Post
Those feelings you feel for your monte, they can be felt again. It will be painful to see her go, but you can have the same, or better experiences with the new 'maro. Not to mention, both you and your dad having a Camaro at the same time is special in its own right.

I say get yourself into a Camaro if you can. You obviously love it... just go for it!
I think that you will be very very happy in the end, even if it hurts a bit initially. Besides you still have your '84.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
20 Camaro 10

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro
i felt the same way with my 01 trans am, but i had it for over 4 years so i wanted something new. I still miss that car!! Will be better when i get the Camaro
Old 04-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
2Scoops

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If it were me, I'd go for the camaro as soon as I could. But everyone has their own priorities. It sounds like you're in love with the Monte, which is nothing to be ashamed of at all. Ultimately you are the only one that's going to have to live with this decision so make sure it's something you are going to love more than the Monte. My suggestion is to wait until you can take a Camaro on a test drive, then decide which one is best for you.

Anyway, I hope that helped a little.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Rest in peace my Brothers.

2SS/RS MN6, Cyber Grey Metallic w/ Black Rally Stripes

http://twoscoopscamaro5.mybrute.com
2Scoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
Rusted Virtue

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I had an 06 SS monte myself. It was a great car in it's own right, but the reason I bought it was because there was no Camaro. If you compare the two the camaro always wins.

Rusted Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
CDBiker220

Drives: 98 camaro z28
Hey, I used to have a 85 monte carlo ss, was my frist car, sold it last year to restore my 71 chevelle. I miss it everyday but my chevelle is almost there...wanted one since i was 10(only 22 now..)But i would give up a newer monte carlo ss for a new camaro anyday, sorry I've driven them tons of times..great car...but the eights monte and a new camaro are in a league of their own, dont hesitate, youll fall in love with the new camaro more than you ever could a newer monte.

heres some pics for ya....newest fun car

old fun car...miss it...
CDBiker220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I feel for ya I paid off my 06 Silverado last year I have 1.5 years left on my Suburban as much as I want to buy the new Camaro I am not going to part ways with my truck, suburban, or my other Camaros I am going to hold off and buy a Camaro Convertible when they come out in 18 months like I want plus the Sub will be paid off not really worth taking the hit on trade-in value.

Of you have to wait pay off the SS and buy a new one

sean
Old 04-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #9
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
+1 Camaro, mostly because I'm not really a fan of the new body style on the Monte (specifically, the rear). The Camaro looks good from ANY angle
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
vm1971

Keep it comin, fellas.
this helps and the fact that ya'all posted in less than 15 min is awesome.

its an ongoing battle.
and yah, i agree. NOTHING happens without the test drive.

im talkin to a real good egg lately who is out of my way, but seems worth it and is tryin to work with me even if it means waiting and not being so reckless (like i usually am.) in the case of the SS, i had my previous car 14 months, loved it, but ... drove the SS and never looked back. its really the best feeling/looking car ive ever nailed.

(dont forget guys - im greatful for what i do have. not to be corny... friends, fam, health, SS, 84...) so i dont wanna sound like a whiny little goof.

it just seems like this car is the signal that its come full-circle.
and in terms of american muscle and design.... (even referring to the stang and challenger) ––––- ITS ABOUT TIME

V
Old 04-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
the only reason I would not want to part with the Monte is knowing how much money would be lost through it's depreciation (the first three years are tough). That is, unless you got a great deal on it and won't lose much $$.

Just some advice, you should probably sell it private party.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
nol300

Drives: 92 300ZX TT 2007 Silverado
I like the old Monte's but what kills me and makes me dislike the new one is FWD which makes this car pointless for performance and the torques steer is horrible I would trade up if you actually want a performance car.
nol300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #13
Shaggy
2010 Maro owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
HI guys.
im the proud daddy of an 07 MONTE SS. its like a part of me, ... jet black, kept LIKE NEW (fanatically).. all stock GM...silver metallic ground FX...
and of course, a clean, nearly mint 84 MONTE.

needless to say, i love a good MONTE CARLO. and my black SS is the same fun over and over again each day. its been almost 2 years. im sure you can all relate when i really tell you im in LOVE with this car.

but i have to have a new CAMARO.
and i KNOW you all get that...

so..
seems like (aside from winning the damn thing) my only options is to PAINFULLY wait it out til aug 2010 (a little piece of me is dead) and ...
trade UP the SS to the camaro i want.

would you do it? should i do it?
should i be more patient? maybe something will arise to allow me both? (SS MONTE AND 2SS RS CAMARO)

call me a wack job but this is killlin me.
my pop is a firebird dude... hes had 3, now hes still got his 97 RED camaro.
hes a VERY YOUNG 73... he aint no old dude. its like a tribute, an extension, and of course.... i just love the new beast.

HELP
any opinions are welcome, even if you call me a jackass.

VINCE
Well, before you jump in and get rid of a car you love, test drive a maro a couple of times. Make sure its a car that you can love forever, because once you trade the monte for the maro, you will never see your monte again...
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #14
vm1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
the only reason I would not want to part with the Monte is knowing how much money would be lost through it's depreciation (the first three years are tough). That is, unless you got a great deal on it and won't lose much $$.

Just some advice, you should probably sell it private party.
no can do...(long story)
yeah. the depreciation thing really is a kick in the ass, aint it?

i wish patience was on my side. for someone in my shoes, i think it would pay across the board to wait more than 12 months. seems so long... and once these suckers starting hittin the road in my neck of the woods, im gonna be soiling my black leather daily. crap, i accidentally (no lie) GASPED OUT LOUD at the gym last week when i saw the GM commercial with the Red G8 gettin washed, the new 'Bu, and then THE SILVER CAMARO at the end!!!!!

(call the loony bin, someone.)