Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #29
Bowtie Junkman

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
On my L99, I've kept the stock manifolds/cats and replaced the resonator with an Edelbrock X-pipe and I have the GMPP "Off-Road" exhaust ... of course, I've turned off the AFM .... still not anywhere near loud enough for my taste ...

I only chose the GMPP system because a buddy went a different route with his SS and he gave me a KILLER deal on this barely used set-up ... I'm more of a Flowmaster kinda guy ....

BTW ... I've been told the GMPP system uses Borla mufflers ... if so, anyone know what the "Off-Road" mufflers are equivalent to ... the Touring, S-Type or ATAK ?

Anyone using Cherry Bomb Extremes? The heard a sound byte on YouTube a while ago and they sound GREAT ... but not sure if that car has LT's or not ....

I'm thinking of making a change ...
Bowtie Junkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Junkman View Post
On my L99, I've kept the stock manifolds/cats and replaced the resonator with an Edelbrock X-pipe and I have the GMPP "Off-Road" exhaust ... of course, I've turned off the AFM .... still not anywhere near loud enough for my taste ...

I only chose the GMPP system because a buddy went a different route with his SS and he gave me a KILLER deal on this barely used set-up ... I'm more of a Flowmaster kinda guy ....

BTW ... I've been told the GMPP system uses Borla mufflers ... if so, anyone know what the "Off-Road" mufflers are equivalent to ... the Touring, S-Type or ATAK ?

Anyone using Cherry Bomb Extremes? The heard a sound byte on YouTube a while ago and they sound GREAT ... but not sure if that car has LT's or not ....

I'm thinking of making a change ...
The stock manifolds and cats absolutely kill the sound worse than the resonator does. Replace these and it will make your car a lot louder.

As for the GMPP "off road", they are the equivalent of the Borla S.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #31
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post

ATAK for a car with no flows or headers
S-type with headers. The sound is incredible.

Many owners complained about ATAK once LTs were install.
+1. I put the S-type on first and was sort of wishing it was louder. Hadn't planned on headers for a while but that didn't last long. Glad I didn't get the ATAKs now, the s-type sounds awesome.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #32
mike.nite

Drives: 2011 2SS L99, 2010 LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Junkman View Post

The GMPP Off-Road in comination with LT headers and highflow cats sounds sweet.
mike.nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #33
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I was at a car show last summer parked next to another new SS. It had the Borla exhaust per the owner,
but just didn't have the deep rumble of my L99 with the Solo J-pipe axle backs.
My SS is otherwise stock but most owners here would not want it any louder imo.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #34
AtotheJ
2010 Camaro 2SS LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
I'll trade you my Corsa Catback 2.5"

| TSP Headers | Magnaflow | CAI | LMR Tune | BC Racing | Pfadt Sways |
AtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote