Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 01-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #71
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm not saying that the team did poorly, they were the second best team in the tournament. I'd be happier if we had won bronze than if we 'won' silver. If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #72
Rocketright

Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm not saying that the team did poorly, they were the second best team in the tournament. I'd be happier if we had won bronze than if we 'won' silver. If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?

I agree, sure silver is still great and I don't think were being "sore losers" but it does suck not winning, especially when we made the sport.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #73
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Quote:

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #74
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
I'd be happier if we had won bronze than if we 'won' silver.
You make no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketright View Post

I agree, sure silver is still great and I don't think were being "sore losers" but it does suck not winning, especially when we made the sport.
So because "we made the sport" we HAVE TO WIN not matter what, and nothing less is acceptable. Give your heads a shake.
This team deserves better support than what is being given here.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and MY opinion, is you don't deserve to be called True Canadian Fans.

GO TEAM CANADA IN THE 2010 OYMPICS!
(MEN & WOMENS TEAMS)
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #75
zzibradleyizz

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
It was a great tournament and so what if we didn't win gold, we came out with silver!

Both teams put up a good fight in the final match!

It was bound to happen sooner or later. We only did dominate the Juniors for the last 5 years guys...there's always Boxing Day 2010!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #76
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
You make no sense.
Although either one still requires a loss at some point, winning the bronze means that the team ended the tournament in victory whereas silver requires a high profile defeat. Bronze is sort of a 'turn lemons into lemonade' deal, making the best out of a bad situation. Silver on the other hand just leaves me thinking that we almost won gold ... but not quite. Taking a step back and looking at total medal counts, yes silver is better than bronze. But in the aftermath of an individual tournament I would rather have seen our team win the bronze than lose the gold.

All we can do for now is look ahead to the Olympics. Women start on Feb 13th and the men on the 16th
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #77
SSCam77

Drives: 427
Hey we lost but we still came in 2nd & really anyone could of won the game in OT, both teams played a really good game.

SSCam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #78
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Holy crap!!! I just saw that USA won. WTF??????????? Not a huge hockey fan, but man, I did not see that coming.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #79
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Allen sucked that game and should've been pulled earlier, it never should've went to OT. Giving up a huge rebound right to the slot on a weak blue-line dump in wrister....sad.
That states team was an unreal fast bunch of kids though.

Kinda bummed that I didn't win any of the huge 50/50 draws that they had....I guess the total pot for the last game was something like $290k!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #80
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post

So because "we made the sport" we HAVE TO WIN not matter what, and nothing less is acceptable. Give your heads a shake.
This team deserves better support than what is being given here.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and MY opinion, is you don't deserve to be called True Canadian Fans.
thats just the way it is here. and it won't change. Gold is expected every year, anything less is considered a loss.

Quote:
Although either one still requires a loss at some point, winning the bronze means that the team ended the tournament in victory whereas silver requires a high profile defeat. Bronze is sort of a 'turn lemons into lemonade' deal, making the best out of a bad situation. Silver on the other hand just leaves me thinking that we almost won gold ... but not quite. Taking a step back and looking at total medal counts, yes silver is better than bronze. But in the aftermath of an individual tournament I would rather have seen our team win the bronze than lose the gold.

All we can do for now is look ahead to the Olympics. Women start on Feb 13th and the men on the 16th
im with you man. always feels like sh$% to lose the final game and get silver.

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #81
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:

I completely understand your viewpoint and couldn't agree with you more. I've always phrased it "losing the gold" rather than winning the silver. You never win a silver medal. They could have all gone home the day before and defaulted, and the results would have been the same. Sound harsh? Maybe. It's called reality, and it's what makes winning the gold ever-so-sweet. Losing the gold, quite simply, sucks. Ask anyone on that team.

I'm proud of my team. They fought well, they fought long, but came up short in the end. Better luck next year!