Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #29
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
Will there be test drives or rides at the May 22 Pedders Day in Medina, OH?
ABSOLUTELY!!

Back Street Performance
650 W, Smith Road, unit 2
Medina, OH 44256
Rich Johnson
(440) 655-7677
rich@backstreetper.com
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #30
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
Will there be test drives or rides at the May 22 Pedders Day in Medina, OH?
The Medina police are STRICT. Drive in the area like you are being observed by the police, because you probably are. For that reason, I will delegate the test rides to Eric Johnson, owner of Back Street Performance, along with his dad Rich who is an SCCA SOLO Champ many times over and let him get tagged.

Yes we will get you out in a Pedderised car, but it will be at legal speed limits and a modest ride. We should ALL, including me, Save It For The TRACK.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #31
NXC1978

Drives: 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
I did my first ever autocross in my V6 with Pedders XA coilovers at C5F. I got to make 4 passes with my car. Best time of 39.680 was better than a lot of the V8s there (and best V6 by a couple of seconds)!

I used Mike's alignment specs and setup info and was VERY pleased with the results! Keep in mind, that time was posted with stock P-Zeros as well!

The everyday ride quality is a bit stiffer for me since I run the dampening settings pretty high. When softened up the ride is supple and better than stock IMHO.

I am not new to suspension setup either. I've road raced motorcycles at a professional level so I'm fairly well versed in suspension setup.... probably more so than most. I can tell you, you will not be disappointed with this setup!

And if these XAs are too "mundane" for you, Pedders has a new version out with remote reservoirs that will suite any need up to and including professional level competition!

One of the guys at the fest shot some HD video, of my runs, that I will post here when he sends me the footage....

Big thanks to Mike (DMS) for the help with the setup! It ROCKS!

PS: I also had the fastest V6 1/4 mile time of the event at 14.37@96.51 (DA was +1978)

That is soo awesome, any more pics like of the rear end??
NXC1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #32
JusticePete

Pedders has been in the suspension business for over 60 years. My partner, Scott Pedders has just finished 1st in the last few Aussie Rally Races. His dad was a racing champion and our founder was a racing champion. The Pedders Rally TEAM has been a fixture of the AU racing landscape for years and years. That experience is invaluable.

Our TEAM at our Head Office in AU has remarkable tenure. They have been groomed in the Pedders Way, some for generations. We use the latest greatest technology in our engineering and development process, but we rely very heavily on our in house experts and their feel for the vehicle once on the road or track.

In the USA we work with our Aussie TEAM and rely not only on my feel, but on the feedback we get from some of the best available professional drivers. I may well be a good driver, but I am not one of the best in the world by a long shot. People like Paul Tracy, Stan Wilson and Chris Brannon are far more competent behind the wheel than I am so we use their expertise to take our chassis development well beyond what 99.9% of our customers are capable of.

For this same reason, we upgrade EVERYTHING on the vehicle we can to increase on track speeds. RWHP, Brakes, Stickier Tires and add durability components to allow for longer track sessions. Only by pushing our chassis development beyond what our customers will do with their cars can we deliver a Pedders Experience to you. We already know what our suspension components will do at speeds NO OE Camaro is capable of. If we tested only at OE specification we would be testing at slower speeds than our customers drive on track. That isn't good enough for Pedders and it certainly isn't good enough for a Pedders client.

Pedders is the suspension company of choice for ALL the GM owned Camaros at SEMA 2009, for the Jay Leno Camaro, for the Camaros that will pace the 2010 Indianapolis 500. We are the suspension of choice for some of the finest custom Camaro builders around with Nickey, Berger, Fessler Moss and Yenko. Pedders is now the personal choice of Richard Petty for his Limited Edition Challengers. Pedders manufactures a custom range of coilovers for the all new 2010 and soon 2011 Saleen S281. We love working with our partners and look forward to working with you as a Pedders client.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #33
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
It was a very impromptu event at SEMA, where pedders got Paul Tracy to drive their car with 10xs the parts (and money) of several competitors heck...Hardly a challenge in reality, it was just a marketing event for company's with a good budget.
..... Are you saying Aaron doesn't know how to drive and he's broke???

(Sorry Aaron, cheap shot at your expense) I know Aaron can drive, and I'm sure he's doing fine financially.

If Aaron builds a GT car for the next challenge will you still be saying it's an impromptu event where Aaron out spent the competition, and the results are irrelevant?

I have respect for both companies putting out fine products, I just tend to agree more with Pedder's ideas of how to make the car better, and I've seen their product, it's top shelf. I don't have to belittle Pfadt to say that.

[edit] Just got done reading Aaron's fest auto-x post...
Alex: :"C5fest auto-x ringer"--- 'Whois Danny Popp?' (Good driving Mr. Popp) .... Soo.. I guess the fest auto-x was impromptu and irrelevant.

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 04-23-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #34
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
..... Are you saying Aaron doesn't know how to drive and he's broke???

(Sorry Aaron, cheap shot at your expense) I know Aaron can drive, and I'm sure he's doing fine financially.

If Aaron builds a GT car for the next challenge will you still be saying it's an impromptu event where Aaron out spent the competition, and the results are irrelevant?

I have respect for both companies putting out fine products, I just tend to agree more with Pedder's ideas of how to make the car better, and I've seen their product, it's top shelf. I don't have to belittle Pfadt to say that.
No offense but if you would have compared the times, with the modifications done to both cars...It would be like telling a guy with a track prepped Z06 to go race Corvette racings cars around mid ohio, and beat them...

I wont get to much into it because it is irrelevant, but Pedder's car had over 150 plus wheel horsepower over the Pfadt car, and I would venture to say every bushing replaced in the car , and who knows what else, and add in a professional driver...Please help me with the fair fight here

I mean not to belittle Pedder's they have some good products, I do however mean to belittle the events relevance, and its true goal .

Quote:
Are you more informed then I am? Do you know the facts to compare the two cars at the event, from these two manufacturers...? It really is a common sense response to logical information. Maybe I am wrong, to each their own.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #35
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Yes we will be have drive alongs, also free 28 point suspension inspections.
Pete from Pedders is scheduled to be here with his family that rides around in the Pedders daily driven Camaro. I just found out today that Mike White of Pedders will also be here doing Mike stuff.
Last year Mike save a life finding suspension problems on a car that we would not let leave until we corrected the problem.
We will have discount base line dyno runs, food, car show, and some of the participants are entertaining, so I guess you could say we will have entertainment as will.
It will be a great day.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #36
syc

Drives: 1969 Yenko Camaro 2010 Yenko Camaro
Here is a pic of our Camaro at CF5. It features the Pedders suspension, which includes lowering it a tad, which I think helps the looks a bunch.

It is setup for drag racing, seemed to do very well on the slick track at CF5, with 60' times in the 1.7s, with a best of a 1.68, 20s with drag radials.

We drive the car often in the hills and curves of Sothern Missouri, love how it handles and rides.

I give Pedders

syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #37
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
No offense but if you would have compared the times, with the modifications done to both cars...It would be like telling a guy with a track prepped Z06 to go race Corvette racings cars around mid ohio, and beat them...

I wont get to much into it because it is irrelevant, but Pedder's car had over 150 plus wheel horsepower over the Pfadt car, and I would venture to say every bushing replaced in the car , and who knows what else, and add in a professional driver...Please help me with the fair fight here

I mean not to belittle Pedder's they have some good products, I do however mean to belittle the events relevance, and its true goal .

Are you more informed then I am? Do you know the facts to compare the two cars at the event, from these two manufacturers...? It really is a common sense response to logical information. Maybe I am wrong, to each their own.

Regards
Never said it was a fair race

Pete was up front when he said he was attempting to compete on the ZR1 level, and many of us knew Pedders was ahead of the curve on R&D at the time... It was a gatling gun at a knife fight

..... I also imagine Aaron already has a cool gun scoped out for the next fight. In the end, we all win.

I'd just like to see everyone get along without the sharp sticks.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #38
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc View Post
Here is a pic of our Camaro at CF5. It features the Pedders suspension, which includes lowering it a tad, which I think helps the looks a bunch.

It is setup for drag racing, seemed to do very well on the slick track at CF5, with 60' times in the 1.7s, with a best of a 1.68, 20s with drag radials.

We drive the car often in the hills and curves of Sothern Missouri, love how it handles and rides.

I give Pedders

And we give YENKO
Old 04-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #39
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
And we give YENKO
Nickey Camaros makes a off the chart great ride. You are so lucky to have such a jewel of a Camaro. Congrats

mike
dms
Old 04-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #40
Info@PeddersUSA.com

IF GIVEN ONE OF THESE CAMAROS, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU WANT?

or

Old 04-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #41
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
Easy, the one that has parts available for their customers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
IF GIVEN ONE OF THESE CAMAROS, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU WANT?

or

thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #42
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid96 View Post
Easy, the one that has parts available for their customers...
You are right about one thing. We can't make enough to satisfy demand. Even our parts move faster.

Tags
suspension camarofest