Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Sold Orders Not Sold to Original Buyer

This may not make anyone feel any better about getting your car sold out from underneath you but...

When a sold order (SRE) is processed it has the name, address and phone number of the purchaser. If the car is then delivered to anyone but that person, GM looks at closely and not in a favorable light.

The dealer that does it risks the possibility of having their sold order privileges taken away for quite some time.

This is done to prevent dealers from submitting phony sold orders to get hot cars built quicker as opposed to stock units.

Again, if this is happening to you or someone you know, GM is watching and I'm sure there will be penalties down the line for offending dealers.

That being said, I want to mention that whatever dealers do with their business is their choice and I m not passing judgement on any of them. If they charge over MSRP, bump up the price after having a written agreement or whatever the "game du jour" is, that's up to them, right or wrong.

However, I will tell you (with backup by some members here) that I would not be sleeping well knowing I was doing that to our customers. When we ordered these cars and agreed to MSRP, THAT'S THE DEAL and it will not change. If I order a car for you and then you wait 7 months for it thinking it's one price, and then when it arrives, how could I possibly look you in the eye and say that's no longer the deal? I wouldn't want it done to me or my family and that won't happen here at Bast Chevrolet (at least while I'm in charge).

While we have only taken a total of about 25 orders since day one, every single one of these customers know that if they change their mind before the car gets preferenced, they can have their deposit back. They can also rest easy knowing that what we agreed to is exactly what they will be getting and perhaps then some. I just think, that as a car enthusiast myself, doing what's going on to customers doesn't fit with the way I do business. Never has and never will.

I also can't apologize for the way other dealers do their thing. I can only say that it doesn't fly at Bast Chevrolet.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
As I feel a little foolish as I type this, I just don't know why I get the feelings I do as I look at that Camaro. It is both beautiful and bad at the same time. No need in even typing your second to last sentance.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Thanks for your post RPO_Z28. Great information and your dealership sounds like a place I would do business with.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
Sloppy Joe

Drives: 2SS RJT
If all dealers were like you RPO, the world would be a much better place. Seems like the way you do business is definately in the minority now days though. The popularity of this car seems to have turned, what use to be good dealers, into greedy ba$tards. I really think you should buy a dealership in Missouri, so I can purchase my next car from you?
Old 05-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
When I lived in NY, I always went to Bast. Prices were always the lowest and you got a fair deal.

-bobby
Old 05-23-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
I have a question RPO Z28 - What happens then if, like i have seen in these forums, someone orders more than one car from multiple dealers? Would this not reflect negatively on a dealer when this consumer cancelled his orders from other dealers to take the first car that comes in? Or would GM keep track of people with multiple orders (assuming they used the same name) and not penalize the dealers.
Just curious.

Glad to see there are scrupulous dealers out there. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
2ssJB
Software Engineer

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to 2ssJB
and what if the person cannot get financed? Does the dealer have to explain themselves to GM?

"Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." M. Gandhi
2ssJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Keep up the good work. Ethics always win out...in the long run.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ssJB View Post
and what if the person cannot get financed? Does the dealer have to explain themselves to GM?
good question..... ???
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Great post man I feel the same way about us. You can't help is some customer goes and orders two cars a diff dealers tho or if the customer loses his or her job and can't pay for it. Dealers should not have a problem giving deposits back to customers if something happens. They will sell that car to someone.
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
Hi RPO_z28,
I only wish I were closer to your dealership. I know that there are great Dealers all around the country. In fact many are members of this forum. I just happened to find the wrong one. So yes, I had my sold pre-ordered SS delivered to a dealer who valued making more $$$$ than keeping his word. If I was confident that GM would penalize these unethical practices, I would think these business practice would disappear. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case. My bad experience has not made me hate all dealers, only the ones that give the automobile industry a bad name.
Thanks for posting this thread!
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #12
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Sad state of affairs when a man has to profess his integrity.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #13
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Your post is a well-timed and somewhat needed reminder that the few dealer's (that I'm aware of) that have pulled last minute "changes" do not represent all dealerships. Thanks for taking the time to write that up.

As for me I have not been to my dealership since November but I dropped by today and all I can say is that my salesman (shout out to you John!) treated me royally. In fact he made my weekend (got a VIN!!).

Paul
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Sad state of affairs when a man has to profess his integrity.
couldn't have said it better.speaks a lot about the love of money

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote