Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
KorovaMB

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Korova's 2013 2SS/RS Black build

Hello. I figured it was time to start a build thread, now that I'm starting in on some mods.

Quick background: Bought a new '14 2LT last November. I was enjoying it, thinking about doing some mods, when I realized I would probably do a bunch, and then regret that I didn't do them to a V8. So in July I found the right SS, ate some loss on the V-6, and came home with this black 2013 2SS/RS.
Attached Images

KorovaMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
KorovaMB

First steps (besides just having some fun driving it!) were getting rid of the silly airbag stickers, and adding some tint:
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
KorovaMB

Since then, I've just done a few "basics":

1. CAI air intake
2. Apex scoop with relocated washer bottle.
3. Apex catch can.
4. Replaced the halogen bulbs in the Fogs and dome lights with some LED's from Phastek.

Next up, I am awaiting some vinyls to start personalizing it. I'm hoping to receive them this week, which means I can install them next weekend.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
KorovaMB

Over the last week, I've been working on a few cosmetic improvements on the car.

First off, I wanted to paint my Calipers. I sprayed them with G2 color matched to Synergy Green. They got 4 coats of green, and then once the I put decals on, I gave them three coats of clear.

While I had the wheels off, I decided to paint them black, using Duplicolor wheel paint. Four coats of black followed by four coats of clear.

Since I was painting these parts, I decided to do the Bowtie at the same time with the same paints: green on the previously chrome part, and black on the previously gold part. I had hoped to paint the black on the back of the plastic to maintain the texture of the original, but that didn't seem realistic. Once I removed the gold foil that had been on it, I realized the entire plastic is gold tinted.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #5
KorovaMB

Once those projects were complete, I added some vinyl stripes in Synergy Green (I love this color against the black base color!). I added hood spears up front and a trunk "blackout" in back. I finished it up with some black Camaro lettering from Emblempros. Once I worked out how to get the letters lined up nicely, the install was a breeze.

With all this done, I do think it would benefit from some vinyls on the side darts down the lower side, so I think that is the next thing I will look in to.
Attached Images