Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 11-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Hang in there Rockmont...

This is an awesome group of people here and they are not DUMB. They are pretty good at figuring out who the good dealers are and which ones aren't.

Stay around a while, keep posting and earn the respect you deserve. Helps A LOT if you're not just here to peddle metal but actually contribute to the forum and help people out.

IMO
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #16
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
I was going to say that too.....Glad it came from a dealer.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
coolman

I know how you feel when you hear things about your company that isn't true. I'm in busines too and my competition loves to say things about my company because a lot of them worked for me at one time. But, I've been in business for over twenty years and our high level of service and technical expertise always shines through with what ever they say. My competition has come and gone, but were still here. So I would say to you , If you are an honest sales guy working for a dealer that gives fair deals and good service you will also out shine the haters and we will all see it. Be a good dealer and it will show.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The main issue is about the general negative bias against dealers including things like the common phrase "your dealer is an idiot". Thing is, for the most part this community is better informed than dealers. So when they come out and say that nobody will sell for MSRP, that the Camaro is only a limited run, or other nonsense, they rightfully get chewed up. You also said that members were treating you as if you had been selling over MSRP yourself. Seems cut and dry to me, if you were they're gonna be upset and you don't have much room to defend yourself. If not, explain that their claims are unjustified and you don't appreciate lies being spread. It might take a few posts, but eventually people will listen. Most of them will. Usually.

Anyway, if you find any attacks, don't hesitate to report the post (). We can't be everywhere all the time and may not even know something happened until days later, if at all. After receiving a reported post notification, we will look into it as quickly as possible.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #19
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
No complaint w/ the "your dealer is an idiot" stuff, when it is warranted. I just wanted to increase awareness that there are real people on the other end of those barbs who's very livelyhood can be forever tainted.

I already knew that Camaro enthusiats would know more about the car than sales people. It's never a surprise when customers know more than the dealer on specific cars, as we have to learn not just all of our vehicles, but our competitors vehicles. Fans of specific vehicles like the Vette, and Camaro study the details of these cars. Only a fool thinks they possibly know more than the customers that love these cars.

As to the price thing, I understand why people don't believe it, as there is more than one Ourisman Chevrolet. My dealer, Ourisman Rockmont Chevrolet does not mark up, and never will. I can not give the same gaurantee about Bowie, or the Marlow Heights store. So, people who walk into one of those stores, and are justifably upset about ADM's see that I represent Ourisman, and they forget the where, and remember the what.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #20
CGM DIVA

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
It's come to a point where we are satisfied to get a little hosed by one dealer than a lot hosed by another. I only wish I could find a guy who would be honest. If you sell these wax deals and other little unnecessary things to people you are part of the problem. If not then good for you. Fact is MOST dealers do push crap that is not needed. And have stupid fees that are a jip. You are a salesman AT a dealer. You nay be a great salseman but you would be one of the few.

Hell, I paid about 500.00 in crap fees that my dealer required and actually felt GOOD about it because everyone else did it too.

If the buying process ended with the salseman, it would be so much better. But we all have to go fight and argue with the prick in the warranty office. My guy was a fellow Sooners fan and we got along till that. I left thnking he was an A-Hole.

THE CAR BUYING PROCESS SUCKS AND IT'S BECAUSE OF THE DEALERS.

Not necessarily the salesman but the DEALERS.

... Out here in Northern Cal, it's depressing... I was with JLS and thought that they were REAL stand up guys... only to find out that they wanted an extra 4500 dollars worth of crap added to the car before they would sell it to me! I ended up going to Novato Chevrolet and STILL payed 1000 over MSRP...Those guys are awesome for the simple fact that they were straight forward from the git and the actual buying experience was flawless... because of that they have my respect... but seriously, when dealerships outright lie, or mark up 9000 dollars (Vallejo Chevrolet), you kind of have to expect people to look at you with a jaded eye... I definitely walked away from the whole experience feeling like paying a little more was WAY better than paying alot more... all thanks to shady dealers who were worried more about making a quick buck than making a life long customer..Just my two pennies
Old 11-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #21
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Just the fact that you are here at this website reading these threads prove that you are one of the goodguys who docare. As The Blur stated. At least you are willing to read the threads, listen to what people say, and offer to help with suggestions put you way ahead! Ive had great experiances with my local GM dealer! The owner and the sales people are great folks who Im proud to know, and will go above and beyond to see that you are a satified customer for life. (Pearl Motors in Mexico, Mo)
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:13 AM   #22
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
You could amend your signauture to include that the dealership you work for didn't price gouge or add paint sealent etc. . For an example, a dealer in KY, Rod Hatfield took a pre-order for a forum member, changed the color and priced it thousands of dollars over MSRP because it was going to be one of the first Camaros produced. She could have still purchased it, thousands of dollars over MSRP and the wrong color, but would you?
I will not say what dealer it was in Indy IN, because I think it was a shady salesman that was over selling by twice of what was coming in by October. You may already know what Coyle Chevrolet tried, well did to an extant, do to me.
BUT YOU COULD ALSO SEE MY FIRST POSTS WHERE I PRAISED SPRINGHURST CHEVROLET. I EVEN PUT IT ON MY BACK WINDOW THANKING THEM FOR MY CAMARO TO GET SOME ADVERTISMENT FOR THEM. I WAS ASKED SEVERAL TIMES, "DID YOU WIN IT?" YOU KNOW WHAT? DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING FROM A DEALER ON HERE THANKING ME FOR DOING THAT FOR A DEALER. NOPE JUST SOME !%&*%^ ABOUT BEING LUMPED TOGETHER WITH OTHERS.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/search...archid=3654437 I have had nothing but good things to say about the dealer I work with in getting my Camaro.

Last edited by PieNsky; 11-26-2009 at 11:57 PM.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #23
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
Well it helps the average Joe. I think if a dealer gives you S$*! service then by all means let it be known... Dealership are like most people and care very much about money. If you get bad service tell people and hurt the dealer where it hurts most. I'm all for letting people know about good places, but there is just to many shady dealers out there... THAT IS A FACT

It should keep dealerships on there toes.... Which i think is good
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote